Author Topic: Sin City...!!!  (Read 3577 times)

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Sin City...!!!
« on: April 14, 2005, 02:02:41 PM »
Wow, this movie totally blew me away. Can't speak about the actual comic, but this is probably Robert Rodriguez's best movie since El Mariachi, if not, his best ever. The only other movie in recent memory I could compare to it is Kill Bill, and Quentin Tarantino actually had a hand as a special-guest-director on this project- you definately see his influence. It's so artistic, and is the most symmetrical movie I've seen in a while...every episode goes full circle, as does the movie as a whole. You really feel like you're watching a moving comic-book also - most of it is black and white, with spots of color. I'm not going to go into the specifics...but all of you, if you haven't gone to the cinema in a while, now you have no excuse. (You don't have to wait till May 19th hehe) See it. See it now!!!!
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Doerr

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Sin City...!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 03:26:01 PM »
Taratino only did 1 scene. The talking corpse scene

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 04:24:15 PM »
I enjoyed the movie a lot.  I saw it opening night and was blown away by how closely it tied to the comic.  I do feel terrible for the directors, everyone saw Terantino's name and forgot anyone else worked on it.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 02:42:44 PM »
I also saw it on opening night, for four dollars in some back alley movie theatre.  Totally appropriate, and I loved the movie.

The one story I didn't like was the whole amazon prostitutes story, it was just so bad in so many ways.  Benicio del Toro was excellent in that part, though.\
On the whole, though, awesome movie.  Very stylish, cool, entertaining, and full of action.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 03:50:37 PM »
Yeah, I paid 4.50 for it at a dumpy place also...and I was gonna study calculus that night...woulda been a complete waste of time and effort. Which one was del Toro? I've only seen him in 'The Usual Suspects', when he played Fenster. I don't think I know what he really looks like...or I probably do, I just don't know that it's him.

Hmm...interesting about Tarantino directing only one scene...all three director's styles are pretty similar though.

Only thing that was bothering me was why Kevin, Elijah Wood's character sat idly by as Bruce Willis kicked everyone's ass outside the farm...
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 07:21:40 AM »
That part made sense to me, considering his character.  He seemed the sort who wouldn't care.

Benicio del Toro was Brittney Murphy's slobby bastard boyfriend.  He's a great actor, one of my favorites.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 08:55:21 AM »
Hmm...yeah, it's not that outrageous, you're right. Wow...Benicio aged alot then...but damn he was good...can't wait till the DVD...septemberish hopefully??/

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 03:17:15 PM »
yeah dvd sounds cool
they will have a movie cut and then each story seperate with added stuff they had to take out to make it all tie together and keep the flow going.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
I'm not sure that Benicio aged, actually (well, I mean beyond the fact that anyone ages; didn't age significantly, I mean).  Have you ever seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?  He looks like a fat, old, nasty slob in that movie, but it was made fifteen or twenty years ago, a while back.  He's great at changing his entire physique to fit his role.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 12:40:02 PM »
That, and they used prothestics on Del Toro.  Made his nose and chin longer.

It twas an awesome movie.  

One of my friends remarked that Kevin is what would have happened if Frodo had kept the ring...and since then, I can't help but call him Dark Ninja Frodo.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 02:19:17 PM »
Yeah, that's freakin insane about Del Toro's aging...like I said, I've only seen him as Fenster...hmm...I'll put 'Fear and Loathing' in my queue I guess (i love teh netflix)

TMW - that sounds like an apt description. He doesn't seem to be totally evil though - they never actually showed him feasting on his prey.[/spioler]

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »
He looks quite old on Fear and Loathing.  An EXCELLENT movie.  Pretty strange by the end, and true...