Author Topic: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U  (Read 50420 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed-on-wii-u-1519955976

Cue the shitstorm. And **** you tendoboy, Ubisoft doesn't support the Wii U for ****. While they delayed Rayman Legends for a multiplat release on the other systems, I don't see them delaying Watch_Dogs entirely for the Wii U version.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:54:30 PM by Oblivion »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that the Wii U version wasn't canceled altogether. It's not like the Wii U version was going to sell more than 10,000 copies worldwide anyway, especially when Sony's done a good job framing Watch_Dogs as a primarily PlayStation franchise (and this will be a franchise). I guess Ubisoft just dumped so much money into the Wii U version already that they had to get SOME return on it. One thing's clear, though: this is probably Ubisoft's last Wii U game. I'd be surprised if they even ported this year's Assassin's Creed to Wii U at this point.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »
Yeah, as much as I want to play this and plan to buy it, I'm surprised, after the current state of affairs for Wii U, that it wasn't just cancelled, and wouldn't be surprised if it gets quietly canned later either.
But I give Ubisoft props for doing all it can to support this falling console and not let it's gamers down. That's good will that I hope carries onto the next console.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
It's the one AAA game I want so far in 2014. Cross the finish line!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
If Ubisoft does release Watch_Dogs, I think it shows character. I reminded of Nintendo keeping its promise of releasing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
This thing is canned Tuna. Shame, thought it would do solid numbers if they put gamepad….
wait…incoming thought. What if they were asked/told to delay this by Nintendo themselves? Why? That detective, is the right question.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:27:08 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
I doubt Ubi would care what Nintendo asked them to do unless Nintendo was partially financing the project at this point.

Maybe Nintendo wants to showcase this game as one that truly uses the gamepad, or they want to push Mario Kart 8 out the door first and look for a sales resurgence before another prominent 3rd party game from a prominent 3rd party bombs yet again. But i doubt it.

I'm not writing this game off just yet, but I'm also not expecting it anymore.
I hope to be surprised, as I've already taken disappointment off the table.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »
Should the title read officially canceled? 

Wait too soon?  OK...give it a month or so.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
I actually think it will still come out at some point. If only because of the strong relationship between Ubisoft and Nintendo through the Wii years and WiiU's first year. It'll be like when you go on a long-planned vacation with someone you know you're going to break up with when it's over.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:26 AM »
At this point i actually don't care anymore, it really does sucks to be in the gamecube position all over again, even worse. Its sad to see Ubisoft jumping on the mass exodus bandwagon, but hey!!! we still got Nintendo games :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
Hope: Nintendo is already reaching out to developers and is helping make this one of the first of their 'New Nintendo' outputs.

Fear: This is the beginning of the end (or the end of the end, depending on how you look at it)

Reality: Will come out later and be the swan song of 3rd party titles.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
The game for AAA right now is payola. If you want games from the big third parties and the sales don't justify it, you need to make it worth their while. Sony and Microsoft play this game, but Nintendo typically doesn't, especially lately.

Nintendo has done things they call partnerships and publishing of third parties in the past, and they have paid for platform focused ads, but it hasn't happened as much lately.

They probably stopped doing it  for two reasons: It wasn't profitable, and once that door is opened, it doesn't close. Activision wants a bigger cut of online sales from your store, Rockstar gets paid for exclusive DLC, etc.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
Plus, you are paying for a AAA game that will be third party.  Why?  I could just pay to make a new game myself.  Or hire a 3rd party developer to make a new franchise I know my fans want to play.  It never makes sense to pay unless you are getting an exclusive.  Even timed exclusives need to be long enough to be worth it.  6 months really isn't.  Specially with all these game of the year or ultimate editions that release a year or 6 months later.  People know to wait for that.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
I'm finding it very hard to see this as anything but canceled and the true announcement simply hasn't been cleared for some reason.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »
I wonder how much $$ Microsoft slipped under the door for Titanfall?

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
Must have been a pretty big doorway to drive all those dump trucks under it.

I'm still very interested in Watch Dogs, though, now it's more of a fascination to see how it turns out.  Before the initial delay, we couldn't go very long without mention of the title, but since, we've heard almost nothing.  I hope the delay does the game some good, especially after seeing how some of the games during the holiday season turned out after being rushed to launch.  I remember a time when game delays seemed like the normal way of things.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »
The game might still come out.  It could be too far along to leave unfinished.

I'm being optimistic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Can't really support third parties on a certain console when the companies treat owners so poorly.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U should have sold better, despite ME Trilogy being available for the same price on other platforms.

Need for Speed: MW U should have sold better, despite it being a late port that at the time of its release cost double what the already released versions had.

ZombiU should have sold better, so we're going to delay an unrelated game in a different genre that is most popular on Nintendo systems, port it other systems, and release it in the jam-packed month of September. It doesn't matter if a February release date would have been better, as Wii U owners were starved for content, then, and were around to buy the game.

Other games should have sold better, despite being technological disasters or stripped down compared to much older consoles' versions.

I don't know why Nintendo fans have such a bitterness towards third parties. It really makes no sense to me.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »
Can't really support third parties on a certain console when the companies treat owners so poorly.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U should have sold better, despite ME Trilogy being available for the same price on other platforms.

It was actually available cheaper wasn't it? and announced just a couple weeks before the Wii U release. deflated any hype that it had.

Need for Speed: MW U should have sold better, despite it being a late port that at the time of its release cost double what the already released versions had.

I agree, this game deserved much better. it was fun and polished.

ZombiU should have sold better, so we're going to delay an unrelated game in a different genre that is most popular on Nintendo systems, port it other systems, and release it in the jam-packed month of September. It doesn't matter if a February release date would have been better, as Wii U owners were starved for content, then, and were around to buy the game.

That was a shame. I was ready to buy Rayman in February/March, but by September, I didn't care anymore.

Other games should have sold better, despite being technological disasters or stripped down compared to much older consoles' versions.

I don't know why Nintendo fans have such a bitterness towards third parties.
It really makes no sense to me.

I'm gonna take the last part out of context and assume it's all sarcasm based on the part I bolded.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
Both ME3 WiiU and METrilogy launched at $60. Amazingly, the Trilogy dropped in price faster and harder (it's down to $30 for the Trilogy when the WiiU game is still $50).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
Not on Amazon. It is about $10 there.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »
Yeah, it was sarcasm at the end.  ;)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 02:41:37 AM »
I got Rayman Legends for a price of whopping zero dollars due to Xbox region shenanigans. Xbox version is actually my preferred one because of how Murphy levels work there.

I still bought Wii U version afterwards because i felt "i had to" for some reason...

As to Watch Dogs... Last year i played, finished and 100%-ed ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations and III. While i am waiting for my order of IV (play-asia is taking it's sweet time with that) i plan to play Liberation.

I am okay with open-world games coming a bit later, i have my plate full as is. And i wasn't all that sold on that game in the first place, so we'll see.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »
Target has Watch_Dogs listed for 6/1/2014 for Wii U and 5/1/2014 for ps4/xb1

The plot….

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
Goes apathetic?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.