Author Topic: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U  (Read 50593 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
UPDATE: NEW TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

SURPRISE! The Wii U is still listed at the end of the trailer! Maybe, just maybe...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
Maybe they're waiting to release the Wii U version as a new platformer on the goty version so they can just make 1 version.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Game looks awesome but the "they killed my 6 year old daughter" is sad.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
Game looks awesome but the "they killed my 6 year old daughter" is sad.
I'm sorry they had to pick of your Daughter.  As I say in the upcoming NFR32 everything is determined when you 5-6 Years Old.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »
UPDATE: NEW TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

SURPRISE! The Wii U is still listed at the end of the trailer! Maybe, just maybe...

If this was a TV show, I would watch it.

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
OK so pre-launch they come out and say they are not using the Gamepad it's a straight port and every one praises it as the savior of the Wii U, then it gets delayed to add gamepad support and now it's garbage that should have just been canceled all along? Did I miss something because that's how I been reading all the comments about this game for a while now. I think if they really can use the gamepad in a meaningful way that could be a big motivator for some, I know it got me to take a second look at Wii U after I had written it off as a purchase I would make second hand down the road.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
OK so pre-launch they come out and say they are not using the Gamepad it's a straight port and every one praises it as the savior of the Wii U, then it gets delayed to add gamepad support and now it's garbage that should have just been canceled all along? Did I miss something because that's how I been reading all the comments about this game for a while now. I think if they really can use the gamepad in a meaningful way that could be a big motivator for some, I know it got me to take a second look at Wii U after I had written it off as a purchase I would make second hand down the road.

Watch Dogs on Wii U boils down to sales potential. The game is not going to sell as well on the Wii U as other versions and because of this Ubisoft does not treat the game on Wii U as a priority. Although because the game is a new IP it might sell well on Wii U, but not as good as on PS4. As for the way the forum reacts to Watch Dogs Wii U news, it is all about the cynicism of being a Nintendo fan. We always get the short end of the third party stick.   
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
It wasn't just this forum, its the entire internet, everyone was screaming wait till watch dogs that will bring 3rd parties back, and that was before they announced actually adding gamepad features, which I would think should get people excited for the game again. I know the whole 3rd party situation I was there all the way through n64 and GC, things were bleak then but they look rosy compared to now.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »
My take was pretty clear.  The Gamepad is a really good fit for this game but, its not a good enough fit for a large delay for a version that will command full retail price when the other with all the DLC will probably be vastly less to Survive.  Its pure economics at that point.

Now if this game was only XBone and PS4 it might have a chance at that because those games will hold there prices longer and the amount of those systems in the wild is small compared to PC and PS360.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
Intense Violence, Nudity, and Strong Sexual Content? I thought this game was about a rebel hacking the system?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
Intense Violence, Nudity, and Strong Sexual Content? I thought this game was about a rebel hacking the system?

I don't know what kind of systems you're hacking, but in my experience those content descriptors don't even begin to tell the story.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »

Obviously the hero's got one of those strip-club manager contacts from crime fiction.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:41 AM »
Bear in mind that the mission Ubisoft's repeatedly shown off in their trailers involves stopping a crime lord who traffics in kidnapped girls. Use your imagination to figure out how "violence, nudity, and strong sexual content" come into play there.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
if they are worried about sales than maybe limited release and push for download purchase?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »

Ubisoft Now Concentrating on Watch Dogs for Wii U
Still no release date for Wii U version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/ubisoft-now-concentrating-on-watch-dogs-for-wii-u?abthid=5363c9ff739dc7043a000014,

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »
That's a relief. Some of the recent press emails I have been getting have dropped mention of the Wii U entirely.

Here's hoping it turns out great. Though considering no announcement of the new AC for U this probably is Ubi's last major attempt for the system.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
So now that all the other versions have gone into final bug testing, the Wii U version finally gets the man power that was pulled from it a while back.... better than a cancellation. I'll still be buying it.

Certainly the last known 3rd party title on my list that I'll be buying. I hope it's good.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 11:01:39 AM »

Certainly the last known 3rd party title on my list that I'll be buying. I hope it's good.

REALLY? Or do you not count indie/kickstarter? I guess that's not really 3rd party.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »
Indy/Kickstarter is the new 4th party.
My Game Collection

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
I've watched Giant Bomb preview/discussion on this game and since then lost all interest.

They had an interesting idea (highly recommend "Coils" by  Zhelazny and Saberhagen if you want a story about a man who can control machines with his mind) and turned it into third person shooty-shooty bang bang with gangsters.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

REALLY? Or do you not count indie/kickstarter? I guess that's not really 3rd party.

I don't know what indie/kickstarter games are coming, therefore they are not on my "known 3rd party title" list.

What I was saying is that, of all the currently 3rd party games that I know about, this is the last one on my list I'm planning to buy (besides whatever the last Arkham game was). I don't know if something great is coming i the future that interest me, but that is the last known 3rd party game of interest to me.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
oh ok. there is a boatload of great indie/kickstarter games coming in the next few months.  Also Bayonetta 2?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
Bayonetta isn't really a 3rd party game since Nintendo is bank rolling it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
Bayonetta isn't really a 3rd party game since Nintendo is bank rolling it.

I know it isn't the proper usage, but I consider Bayonetta 2 a "2nd Party" title.
My Game Collection