Author Topic: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U  (Read 50672 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
http://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-delayed-on-wii-u-1519955976

Cue the shitstorm. And **** you tendoboy, Ubisoft doesn't support the Wii U for ****. While they delayed Rayman Legends for a multiplat release on the other systems, I don't see them delaying Watch_Dogs entirely for the Wii U version.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:54:30 PM by Oblivion »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:16:41 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that the Wii U version wasn't canceled altogether. It's not like the Wii U version was going to sell more than 10,000 copies worldwide anyway, especially when Sony's done a good job framing Watch_Dogs as a primarily PlayStation franchise (and this will be a franchise). I guess Ubisoft just dumped so much money into the Wii U version already that they had to get SOME return on it. One thing's clear, though: this is probably Ubisoft's last Wii U game. I'd be surprised if they even ported this year's Assassin's Creed to Wii U at this point.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »
Yeah, as much as I want to play this and plan to buy it, I'm surprised, after the current state of affairs for Wii U, that it wasn't just cancelled, and wouldn't be surprised if it gets quietly canned later either.
But I give Ubisoft props for doing all it can to support this falling console and not let it's gamers down. That's good will that I hope carries onto the next console.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
It's the one AAA game I want so far in 2014. Cross the finish line!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
If Ubisoft does release Watch_Dogs, I think it shows character. I reminded of Nintendo keeping its promise of releasing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
This thing is canned Tuna. Shame, thought it would do solid numbers if they put gamepad….
wait…incoming thought. What if they were asked/told to delay this by Nintendo themselves? Why? That detective, is the right question.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:27:08 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:26:59 PM »
I doubt Ubi would care what Nintendo asked them to do unless Nintendo was partially financing the project at this point.

Maybe Nintendo wants to showcase this game as one that truly uses the gamepad, or they want to push Mario Kart 8 out the door first and look for a sales resurgence before another prominent 3rd party game from a prominent 3rd party bombs yet again. But i doubt it.

I'm not writing this game off just yet, but I'm also not expecting it anymore.
I hope to be surprised, as I've already taken disappointment off the table.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 09:33:03 PM »
Should the title read officially canceled? 

Wait too soon?  OK...give it a month or so.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
I actually think it will still come out at some point. If only because of the strong relationship between Ubisoft and Nintendo through the Wii years and WiiU's first year. It'll be like when you go on a long-planned vacation with someone you know you're going to break up with when it's over.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:26 AM »
At this point i actually don't care anymore, it really does sucks to be in the gamecube position all over again, even worse. Its sad to see Ubisoft jumping on the mass exodus bandwagon, but hey!!! we still got Nintendo games :cool;
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
Hope: Nintendo is already reaching out to developers and is helping make this one of the first of their 'New Nintendo' outputs.

Fear: This is the beginning of the end (or the end of the end, depending on how you look at it)

Reality: Will come out later and be the swan song of 3rd party titles.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
The game for AAA right now is payola. If you want games from the big third parties and the sales don't justify it, you need to make it worth their while. Sony and Microsoft play this game, but Nintendo typically doesn't, especially lately.

Nintendo has done things they call partnerships and publishing of third parties in the past, and they have paid for platform focused ads, but it hasn't happened as much lately.

They probably stopped doing it  for two reasons: It wasn't profitable, and once that door is opened, it doesn't close. Activision wants a bigger cut of online sales from your store, Rockstar gets paid for exclusive DLC, etc.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
Plus, you are paying for a AAA game that will be third party.  Why?  I could just pay to make a new game myself.  Or hire a 3rd party developer to make a new franchise I know my fans want to play.  It never makes sense to pay unless you are getting an exclusive.  Even timed exclusives need to be long enough to be worth it.  6 months really isn't.  Specially with all these game of the year or ultimate editions that release a year or 6 months later.  People know to wait for that.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
I'm finding it very hard to see this as anything but canceled and the true announcement simply hasn't been cleared for some reason.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »
I wonder how much $$ Microsoft slipped under the door for Titanfall?

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
Must have been a pretty big doorway to drive all those dump trucks under it.

I'm still very interested in Watch Dogs, though, now it's more of a fascination to see how it turns out.  Before the initial delay, we couldn't go very long without mention of the title, but since, we've heard almost nothing.  I hope the delay does the game some good, especially after seeing how some of the games during the holiday season turned out after being rushed to launch.  I remember a time when game delays seemed like the normal way of things.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:14 PM »
The game might still come out.  It could be too far along to leave unfinished.

I'm being optimistic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Can't really support third parties on a certain console when the companies treat owners so poorly.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U should have sold better, despite ME Trilogy being available for the same price on other platforms.

Need for Speed: MW U should have sold better, despite it being a late port that at the time of its release cost double what the already released versions had.

ZombiU should have sold better, so we're going to delay an unrelated game in a different genre that is most popular on Nintendo systems, port it other systems, and release it in the jam-packed month of September. It doesn't matter if a February release date would have been better, as Wii U owners were starved for content, then, and were around to buy the game.

Other games should have sold better, despite being technological disasters or stripped down compared to much older consoles' versions.

I don't know why Nintendo fans have such a bitterness towards third parties. It really makes no sense to me.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:05 PM »
Can't really support third parties on a certain console when the companies treat owners so poorly.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U should have sold better, despite ME Trilogy being available for the same price on other platforms.

It was actually available cheaper wasn't it? and announced just a couple weeks before the Wii U release. deflated any hype that it had.

Need for Speed: MW U should have sold better, despite it being a late port that at the time of its release cost double what the already released versions had.

I agree, this game deserved much better. it was fun and polished.

ZombiU should have sold better, so we're going to delay an unrelated game in a different genre that is most popular on Nintendo systems, port it other systems, and release it in the jam-packed month of September. It doesn't matter if a February release date would have been better, as Wii U owners were starved for content, then, and were around to buy the game.

That was a shame. I was ready to buy Rayman in February/March, but by September, I didn't care anymore.

Other games should have sold better, despite being technological disasters or stripped down compared to much older consoles' versions.

I don't know why Nintendo fans have such a bitterness towards third parties.
It really makes no sense to me.

I'm gonna take the last part out of context and assume it's all sarcasm based on the part I bolded.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 07:33:29 PM »
Both ME3 WiiU and METrilogy launched at $60. Amazingly, the Trilogy dropped in price faster and harder (it's down to $30 for the Trilogy when the WiiU game is still $50).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
Not on Amazon. It is about $10 there.
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »
Yeah, it was sarcasm at the end.  ;)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 02:41:37 AM »
I got Rayman Legends for a price of whopping zero dollars due to Xbox region shenanigans. Xbox version is actually my preferred one because of how Murphy levels work there.

I still bought Wii U version afterwards because i felt "i had to" for some reason...

As to Watch Dogs... Last year i played, finished and 100%-ed ACII, Brotherhood, Revelations and III. While i am waiting for my order of IV (play-asia is taking it's sweet time with that) i plan to play Liberation.

I am okay with open-world games coming a bit later, i have my plate full as is. And i wasn't all that sold on that game in the first place, so we'll see.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 09:18:28 AM »
Target has Watch_Dogs listed for 6/1/2014 for Wii U and 5/1/2014 for ps4/xb1

The plot….

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
Goes apathetic?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
UPDATE: NEW TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

SURPRISE! The Wii U is still listed at the end of the trailer! Maybe, just maybe...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
Maybe they're waiting to release the Wii U version as a new platformer on the goty version so they can just make 1 version.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
Game looks awesome but the "they killed my 6 year old daughter" is sad.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
Game looks awesome but the "they killed my 6 year old daughter" is sad.
I'm sorry they had to pick of your Daughter.  As I say in the upcoming NFR32 everything is determined when you 5-6 Years Old.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 11:30:23 AM »
UPDATE: NEW TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

SURPRISE! The Wii U is still listed at the end of the trailer! Maybe, just maybe...

If this was a TV show, I would watch it.

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »
OK so pre-launch they come out and say they are not using the Gamepad it's a straight port and every one praises it as the savior of the Wii U, then it gets delayed to add gamepad support and now it's garbage that should have just been canceled all along? Did I miss something because that's how I been reading all the comments about this game for a while now. I think if they really can use the gamepad in a meaningful way that could be a big motivator for some, I know it got me to take a second look at Wii U after I had written it off as a purchase I would make second hand down the road.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 11:11:22 PM »
OK so pre-launch they come out and say they are not using the Gamepad it's a straight port and every one praises it as the savior of the Wii U, then it gets delayed to add gamepad support and now it's garbage that should have just been canceled all along? Did I miss something because that's how I been reading all the comments about this game for a while now. I think if they really can use the gamepad in a meaningful way that could be a big motivator for some, I know it got me to take a second look at Wii U after I had written it off as a purchase I would make second hand down the road.

Watch Dogs on Wii U boils down to sales potential. The game is not going to sell as well on the Wii U as other versions and because of this Ubisoft does not treat the game on Wii U as a priority. Although because the game is a new IP it might sell well on Wii U, but not as good as on PS4. As for the way the forum reacts to Watch Dogs Wii U news, it is all about the cynicism of being a Nintendo fan. We always get the short end of the third party stick.   
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
It wasn't just this forum, its the entire internet, everyone was screaming wait till watch dogs that will bring 3rd parties back, and that was before they announced actually adding gamepad features, which I would think should get people excited for the game again. I know the whole 3rd party situation I was there all the way through n64 and GC, things were bleak then but they look rosy compared to now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »
My take was pretty clear.  The Gamepad is a really good fit for this game but, its not a good enough fit for a large delay for a version that will command full retail price when the other with all the DLC will probably be vastly less to Survive.  Its pure economics at that point.

Now if this game was only XBone and PS4 it might have a chance at that because those games will hold there prices longer and the amount of those systems in the wild is small compared to PC and PS360.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »
Intense Violence, Nudity, and Strong Sexual Content? I thought this game was about a rebel hacking the system?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
Intense Violence, Nudity, and Strong Sexual Content? I thought this game was about a rebel hacking the system?

I don't know what kind of systems you're hacking, but in my experience those content descriptors don't even begin to tell the story.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 12:39:35 AM »

Obviously the hero's got one of those strip-club manager contacts from crime fiction.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 01:40:41 AM »
Bear in mind that the mission Ubisoft's repeatedly shown off in their trailers involves stopping a crime lord who traffics in kidnapped girls. Use your imagination to figure out how "violence, nudity, and strong sexual content" come into play there.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
if they are worried about sales than maybe limited release and push for download purchase?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »

Ubisoft Now Concentrating on Watch Dogs for Wii U
Still no release date for Wii U version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/ubisoft-now-concentrating-on-watch-dogs-for-wii-u?abthid=5363c9ff739dc7043a000014,

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »
That's a relief. Some of the recent press emails I have been getting have dropped mention of the Wii U entirely.

Here's hoping it turns out great. Though considering no announcement of the new AC for U this probably is Ubi's last major attempt for the system.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
So now that all the other versions have gone into final bug testing, the Wii U version finally gets the man power that was pulled from it a while back.... better than a cancellation. I'll still be buying it.

Certainly the last known 3rd party title on my list that I'll be buying. I hope it's good.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 11:01:39 AM »

Certainly the last known 3rd party title on my list that I'll be buying. I hope it's good.

REALLY? Or do you not count indie/kickstarter? I guess that's not really 3rd party.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »
Indy/Kickstarter is the new 4th party.
My Game Collection

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
I've watched Giant Bomb preview/discussion on this game and since then lost all interest.

They had an interesting idea (highly recommend "Coils" by  Zhelazny and Saberhagen if you want a story about a man who can control machines with his mind) and turned it into third person shooty-shooty bang bang with gangsters.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

REALLY? Or do you not count indie/kickstarter? I guess that's not really 3rd party.

I don't know what indie/kickstarter games are coming, therefore they are not on my "known 3rd party title" list.

What I was saying is that, of all the currently 3rd party games that I know about, this is the last one on my list I'm planning to buy (besides whatever the last Arkham game was). I don't know if something great is coming i the future that interest me, but that is the last known 3rd party game of interest to me.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
oh ok. there is a boatload of great indie/kickstarter games coming in the next few months.  Also Bayonetta 2?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
Bayonetta isn't really a 3rd party game since Nintendo is bank rolling it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »

I know it isn't the proper usage, but I consider Bayonetta 2 a "2nd Party" title.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »

I know it isn't the proper usage, but I consider Bayonetta 2 a "2nd Party" title.

As do I. and that game is also on my list of known 1st/2nd party titles I plan to purchase.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
What the hell is "2nd Party"? Is that like talking in the "2nd person", which by the way I thought was impossible.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2014, 06:53:26 PM »
Next Level Games is a second party. Silicone Knights were 2nd party as well before they parted ways.

Think of it as being in an exclusive agreement with a console manufacturer and you get special financial assistance and support while maintaining your autonomy. It is a separate studio and they can choose to leave at anytime (depending on your contractual agreements).
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
What the hell is "2nd Party"? Is that like talking in the "2nd person", which by the way I thought was impossible.

Talking in second person is actually a thing, talking from the perspective of someone directly addressing the person in question; instead of "I" phrases in first person or he/she/it in third you sell a lot of "you" phrases. It doesn't get used much, but I actually wrote an entire college paper using it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »

The way I would explain a 2nd party is: any developer not wholly owned by a console manufacturer that is currently making games exclusively for and financed by that console manufacturer.

as opposed to a 1st party developer: any developer wholly owned by a console manufacturer that makes games exclusively for and financed by that console manufacturer.

and a 3rd party developer: any developer with owned and operated independently of any console manufacturer that is free to make games for any platform of its choosing.

and then there are 3rd party devs that get contracted to make 2nd party games. where there is just a contract for a single game, usually paid for in full by the console manufacturer. Such as Bayonetta 2.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »
It's the term you use in forum console wars when you want to diminish Nintendo's offerings.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
I thought 2nd party was a good thing?
My Game Collection

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
I need an example of a 2nd party company? Like Shin'en or am I off?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
Left Field was a second party, Game Freak is a second party.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2014, 05:05:49 AM »
I've watched Giant Bomb preview/discussion on this game and since then lost all interest
And stuff like this only reinforces my disinterest to pay for this game.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
What, no listing for the "Please Understand" edition?

Also, I love how the character has an "iconic cap" when the damn game hasn't released yet.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »
Also, I love how the character has an "iconic cap" when the damn game hasn't released yet.

What's so "iconic" about it? Unless of course it's hard to find plain olive green ball caps in your area...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
That chart looks like the block diagrams I used to study in RM "A" school back in the Navy. Those were impossible to figure out as well. Geesh Ubisoft, lets not be so clear next time.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Who cares about the actual game when marketing already conditioned people into believing it's the greatest game ever?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
I've watched Giant Bomb preview/discussion on this game and since then lost all interest

As it does mine as well. If I wasn't already burned-out on Open World games this year, one look at that convoluted B.S. just makes me want to say " **** that game."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »

picardwtfisthis.jpg

and a link to the review that made interest lost please.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
So the PS4 version will run 900p, X1 version 792p. Both 30fps. I expect the Wii U version to be 720p at best.

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
So the PS4 version will run 900p, X1 version 792p. Both 30fps. I expect the Wii U version to be 720p at best.

WHY? I isn't like it will be the PS4 version of the game, most likely it will be the PS3 build scaled to fit the Wii U interface, so it will run just fine.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
900p and 792p are not real things. I assume that means 1600x900 and 1408x792 then, which is a very odd resolution.

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
900p and 792p are not real things. I assume that means 1600x900 and 1408x792 then, which is a very odd resolution.

The console has no choice but to scale to one of the officially supported resolutions, those are 720p and 1080i/p period unless the TV supports odd resolutions which in the US they can not by law. There is a difference in display resolution and render resolution but they all display the same on the TV.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:31 PM »
I'm well aware of the difference between the rendering resolution and the display resolution. That doesn't change the fact that 1408x792 is a weird resolution and that "900p" and "792p" are not real things.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »
That doesn't change the fact that 1408x792 is a weird resolution and that "900p" and "792p" are not real things.

Tell that to Ubisoft.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
I don't follow. Why are 900p and 792p not "real"? Real as in native or as in my tv will not display a pure version of that?

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2014, 06:39:54 PM »
real is in outside of the standard. they have to be divisible by 16 for starters.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
Because they aren't standards. 1080p, 720p, etc, actually mean things (1920x1080, 1280x720, and so on). "900p" and "792p" can only be assumed to mean 900 pixels and 792 pixels on the Y-axis, and nothing about the X-axis. It could be something like 1200x900 and 1056x792. Of course it's "p" because you can't make interlaced games.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
Graphical comparison videos! Always never not fun!

Last gen versions look...better than I expected. Depending on how much work Ubisoft really puts into the Wii U version I expect the game to look slightly better than the PS360 versions. Maybe.

I still think NFS Most Wanted U will be the better graphical showcase in terms of "realistic" graphics on Wii U.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
I wish Pro was here to make sense of this for me.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2014, 06:51:05 PM »
Only watched a few minutes but PS4 and PC are almost identical, surprised to see Xbox One not even close.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »
That is probably because they based the Xbone one off of the 360 architecture.

It will be interesting to see where the U version ends up.

Though, this video highlights the silliness of this generation upgrade. Barely any difference except for the PC version looking the best.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see where the U version ends up.

I'd almost bet one $10 e-Shop card that it'll end up somewhere around... here.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
I'd almost bet one $10 e-Shop card that it'll end up somewhere around... here.

I like how they needed 2 columns for the Battlefield games. Also:

This list may not reflect recent changes

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
That is probably because they based the Xbone one off of the 360 architecture.

No they didn't. PS4 and Xbone are nearly identical in architecture.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
Ubisoft threw Nintendo a bone with the same trailer that's been out for ages elsewhere, but now with a Wii U box at the end.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
At least this confirms that it is still coming to U.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2014, 07:08:37 PM »
I'm less hyped now that I've played it, but I will still buy.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Any word on a release date?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 03:54:21 PM »
One of these days.

Speaking of Ubisoft, they revealed Rogue (previously Comet, the last-gen entry releasing alongside Unity) today and it looks like it's going to keep the sailing mechanic from Black Flag. So I'm kinda hoping that's the game that gets an insanely delayed Wii U port someday.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2014, 01:13:43 AM »
the wii u version taking a while? it is the platform that seems to merge with the concept the most

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 10:20:39 AM »
Considering that Rayman is appearing in Smash as a trophy, I wonder if Nintendo has actually stepped in and is either funding development/publishing of Ubisoft Wii U games or come to some other arrangement with them. Ubi has always been the most supportive so I suspect that a little push could get them going again.
My Game Collection

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
Considering that Rayman is appearing in Smash as a trophy, I wonder if Nintendo has actually stepped in and is either funding development/publishing of Ubisoft Wii U games or come to some other arrangement with them. Ubi has always been the most supportive so I suspect that a little push could get them going again.

this is what I thought and would seem like a promising thought, HOWEVER, if this game comes out at $59.95, regardless of improvements (NFS:MW, Deus EX) NOBODY WILL GIVE A DAMN!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
True, I won't buy it @60. But I could bite for $40 or $30.

I wonder if the "games on hold" are ports of the older AC/POP games. Would love to get the HD POP collection or that Eizo AC set.
My Game Collection

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 01:20:48 PM »
Is that wrong of us? Are we somehow being snobby gamers? Or is it more of a value thing? I guess there thinking is "$60 game is a $60 game."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
Its market value.  If you can get the game for less than $60 on a platform you already own with only minor differences then you will.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
A quick search of major retailers show the game is still in the $50-$60 price range. Unless the game comes out during the holiday season I expect it will stay close to the price on other consoles.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:18 PM »
It's listed at Target got 12/31, though I imagine that's just a made up date.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
Definite placeholder. I think my most recent preorder has November 30.
Tutorial box out.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »
Wow. Had not realized that there still isn't a date for this. Yet has not been confirmed as canceled. I was looking forward to this but now I don't know. It really does depend on the price and content going forward. Especailly since it didn't turn out as great as some were hoping. It being a first entry in a potential series that might be understandable. However forget about it's sequel coming to the Wii U. Which makes picking this up even harder in the end as even if it's a success (relative to the system numbers) it's likely meaningless when it comes to future support.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 09:44:48 AM »
As I put the cart before the horse, it's been reported that Watch-Dogs 2 would take place in Camden, NJ which is a local hell hole of staggering proportions.  I would be very curious about a game that would be so close to home. Plus it's much much smaller than Chicago and the details could be incredible.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »
As I put the cart before the horse, it's been reported that Watch-Dogs 2 would take place in Camden, NJ which is a local hell hole of staggering proportions.  I would be very curious about a game that would be so close to home. Plus it's much much smaller than Chicago and the details could be incredible.

Ha, wow, and I though the racial stuff in Watch Dogs 1 was ill-thought out and uncomfortable...

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »
What are the odds Watch Dogs 2 gets released for Wii U? I am still contemplating if I should just get it now for PS3, or wait till I have my new computer or wait ever longer till I decide which next gen console to get first.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:43 AM »
As I put the cart before the horse, it's been reported that Watch-Dogs 2 would take place in Camden,
Yay!

NJ
Boo!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
What are the odds Watch Dogs 2 gets released for Wii U?

Somewhere between 0 and never going to happen.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »
What are the odds Watch Dogs 2 gets released for Wii U?

If Watch Dogs 1 ever releases for WiiU and its priced at 39.99 instead of 59.99 and it sell more than 250,000 copies and is more cohesive than the other versions AND "God wills it" then I would but the chances at about 39.5%

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
I think Watch Dogs 1 has been unofficially cancelled for the Wii U so Watch Dogs 2 ain't ever coming.  Ubisoft said that they weren't going to release mature games on the Wii U unless things improved so you could see that as officially confirmation of Watch Dogs 2 not being released on the Wii U.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
In the last Nintendo Sizzle reel, from about 3 weeks ago they still showed Watch Dogs included. I'm with Ian on this and I think it has been quietly canned but who knows...

...a quick check of the "Release Calendar" on Nintendo.com shows NOTHING ABOUT WATCH_DOGS.  It does have every other announced game on there so

"it's dead Jim"

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
I don't know how reliable their website is, they had Aliens: Colonial Marines listed as available long after it had already been canceled. When first researching Wii U that was the first place I went for games on the system and it was a big mess at least at that time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
If we don't have it by the end of the year it is for sure dead. If we don't have it by February then it is certainly dead. Unless...this is one of the games they have complete and are "holding it for when the Wii U gets more users". So we could get a surprise release down the road if Nintendo does something to help them along.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2014, 09:32:34 PM »
Watchdogs is listed in the Wii U Uplay app.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
November 18 is the date for you to finally not buy Watch_Dogs on Wii U.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »
Well I'll be a son of a nasty word, it's actually coming out. Just saw the Press release. Still have not seen ANY footage of this game and that worries me but the interactive map functions  and off tv play intrigue me. I hope it does well enough to keep Ubisoft on board in a small capacity.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
So it is getting released?  Well, I wasn't expecting that so I guess it was nice that Ubisoft wasn't lying.  Though I figure they'll now make decisions about Wii U support based on the game's sales even though Watch_Dogs is already available on every non-Nintendo console you can find in stores and I presume that the only people that wanted it and haven't bought it already are either waiting for the price to go down (which will occur on the other systems before the Wii U) or only own a Wii U.  Delaying only the Wii U version has probably slashed the potential sales significantly.

Now it doesn't really matter to Ubisoft what version they sell to you.  So you didn't buy the Wii U version because of the delay but got the PS3 version instead?  Who cares?  You wouldn't have bought the PS3 version if you got the Wii U one so there's no lost or gained sale.  Is Ubisoft smart enough to know that?  If they see the Wii U version as just bonus money, picking up a few scraps from Nintendo-only users then they have realistic expectations.  If they expect some big untapped market to go nuts for the title, they're idiots.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
This is like a mini Duke Nukem Forever. We'll see if it actually does release.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »
This title has been downgraded from "day one" to "under $20 bargain bin" on my list. Much more interesting and important titles on the horizon for my limited dollars.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »
This title has been downgraded from "day one" to "under $20 bargain bin" on my list. Much more interesting and important titles on the horizon for my limited dollars.

How Ian Sane of you.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
Took them long enough to set a date. Surprised they didn't just cancel it. Now to see what the game actually looks like. Already it seems there is nothing interesting other then the map on the gamepad and off tv play. I know some people are going to buy this full price. I wish they wouldn't but can't stop that.

There was a time when I really wanted the game. Looking forward to it but that's no longer the case. I might still grab it when the price bottoms out and is below $20 as I'm still somewhat interested it. There are other games I'm far more interested in and I feel are more deserving of my money this Fall.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:14:29 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Unless four million people accidentally buy this when Smash releases 3 days later, there's no decisions to be made. As far as "serious game" support from Ubi goes on Wii U, this is it.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2014, 01:16:42 AM »
Well, I'm getting it!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2014, 01:36:18 AM »
I'll be so happy when I graduate in December and can finally play video games. I'll probably get Watch_Dogs for PS4.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
As I told my Boss.  If this is not $30 its just being sent to die.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »
It's being sent to die regardless of its price. Ubisoft's been pretty clear that this is the last core gamer title the system's going to get without a massive sales turnaround.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »

How Ian Sane of you.
This game is a scam targeting rubes who are too clueless to know the game is also available on the other systems, likely at a cheaper price. If they find success with this then I'm worried that games I actually care about will get infected with it. Releasing late ports is a very dangerous trend in videogames lately. The only way to protect my games is that stuff like this fails miserably. I'm sure it'll be in bargain bins by next year and that's when I'll buy it.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
     Could we be wrong about this game? Although late, it very well could be the best version of the game. I like many have been quick to jump on this game but some of that is simply UBisofts attitude toward the Wii U. Deus Ex and Need for Speed both were late but both were better than their PS360 counterparts. Maybe the "mature" swan song could be awesome.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
It could end up being the best version. That has happened with a few games on Wii U where the (late) ports actually did offer some meaningful improvements.

But the Wii U version receiving no DLC or extra content has (apparently) been confirmed via the Watch Dogs twitter account. We'll have to wait and see exactly how accurate that report is, but it's unfortunate if true.
That said, a lack of DLC doesn't typically hurt my interest in a game. It's pretty rare that I spring for paid DLC unless I really love a game, so having only the base campaign is usually enough for me.

What does hurt is the fact that Watch Dogs on Wii U is releasing months late, presumably at full price, with no marketing push, and after getting middling reviews on all other platforms. Is it worth paying extra for the best version of a mediocre game?
 :confused;
NNID: ejamer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
The best version of the game was already released on PS4 and PC. The Wii U version gets a map on the Gamepad and off-screen play. Such wow, so enhance.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »
The best version of the game was already released on PS4 and PC. The Wii U version gets a map on the Gamepad and off-screen play. Such wow, so enhance.

Until it gets released, I'm willing to believe there is a chance that the Wii U version will be the best version. Your lack of interest/excitement will probably be justified though.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2014, 07:57:42 PM »
There was potential for it to be the best that went away when they decided to half-ass the GamePad stuff. You could do some really cool stuff in the context of this game with it, but it doesn't seem like they really even tried.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2014, 11:31:30 PM »
I'm going to go with the Pokepal theory that they canned all full time work on the game and farmed it out to the interns for final wrap up. Hope it isn't too buggy.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:44 AM »
I'm buying it and you can't stop me! Imma gonna post screenshots too!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2014, 01:36:46 AM »
I'm buying it and you can't stop me! Imma gonna post screenshots too!

I'm on Facebook too much. I keep looking for a way to like certain posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »
I'm gonna be pissed if there aren't any actual "dogs" in this game.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
I held off for different reasons. I already have a PS3 but I would need to upgrade my PC anyways so I decided to wait till I got a next gen system, either Ps4, Wii U, or a better PC. I could have played the PS3 version but not knowing there was a better one out there. I was very tempted to get a PS4 today but ended up getting a Wii U instead. Might still get a PS4 early next year but not going to this year unless I win the lottery (don't play so little chance there) or someone gifts it to me for Christmas, I have better odds winning the lottery. So for me I will be one of the few getting it for Wii U instead, if it turns out to be a really terrible port I can always get the, by then, discounted PS3 version and there you go. There are just too few Wii U games out there overall for me to pass up on this right now. Otherwise if I had gone with the PS4 I would have taken Watch Dogs home today instead of Hyrule Warriors.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2014, 05:09:08 PM »
so millions will buy wii u when smash bros comes out....

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2014, 02:49:04 AM »
I guess I was wrong I couldn't buy it if I wanted to nobody in town has it, even Gamestop says it pretty much stays sold out. I could just get the digital copy but I don't wanna put money onto my PSN account right now its all tied up in eshop for the time being.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »
Anybody seen any trailers for the Wii U version yet? Less than a month from release and nothing I can't find any new media. (Now watch, soon as I post this... the flood gates will open with all manner of info)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »
I think this was also how the CoD games released for the Wii. Stealth released and bought by the few who cared. Most everyone who will buy it already knows if and when that purchase will be made and most likely it will be hinged on the price.
My Game Collection

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM »
This game will get 0 support after launch. No reason to buy it anymore.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2014, 08:33:52 AM »
Anybody seen any trailers for the Wii U version yet? Less than a month from release and nothing I can't find any new media. (Now watch, soon as I post this... the flood gates will open with all manner of info)

"Flood gates".   ;D

I picture the walls of Mordor slowly opening, only to reveal one of those little peeing angel fountains.
There will be no flood with this release.

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
I am curious how this version compares to the PS4 version and the PS3 version, like what are the differences and which ones is considered the definitive version. Since I already have Wii U and PS3 I am trying to decide to get the PS3 version or the Wii U version or just wait till I have a PS4 instead.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2014, 06:29:16 PM »
This game will get 0 support after launch. No reason to buy it anymore.

Why do we need "support"? If the game is compelling as a single-player affair then it will be worth a purchase at some point when the price is right. Not like Nintendo fans like lots of paid DLC.
My Game Collection

« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2014, 12:28:42 AM »
Well since the consensus is this version is going to suck anyways I decided not to get it. I will either just make this one of my two Christmas presents to myself, Destiny being the other. OR make these both my first games with my new PS4, if I decide to buckle down and get one. I was holding out hope that the Wii U version might be worth getting but to hell with it. I don't think I am going to get any games on Wii u ever again if they are not exclusive to Wii u.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2014, 01:46:56 AM »
Why do we need "support"? If the game is compelling as a single-player affair then it will be worth a purchase at some point when the price is right. Not like Nintendo fans like lots of paid DLC.

Maybe because the base game got lukewarm reviews when it came out. That's all you're going to play with the Wii U version. Also, patches. Don't expect those either.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2014, 01:52:46 AM »
I AM BUYING THIS PIECE OF HISTORY

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:32:27 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »
That looks doable.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
Maybe Digital Foundry can update their article with a Wii U comparison. But yeah, those be bullshots.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
One week left and still not a slice of gameplay to be seen! It would be awesome if UbiSoft put some nice effort into the game and surprise us... would also be nice if my wife brought home a nice young babysitter to "assist" me when she's at work. Neither of these things appear to be happening.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
I'm thinking Ubisoft has some bigger worries at the moment.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
And one of those bigger worries is not giving a single **** about the Wii U version of Watch Dogs at all, ever.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2014, 06:54:08 AM »
They will be putting all their effort into fixing Unity.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2014, 07:45:03 AM »
They will be putting all their effort into making May's Assassin's Creed game.

Fixed that for you.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
At the rate they are going, this may be my last Ubisoft game.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
If you only game on a Wii U it will be lol.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:35 AM »
I game on STEAM too  ...whoops!

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »
Since my hard drive is hanging on with bailing wire and prayer... I'm not so lucky.

I'm saying there's a chance.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
Since my hard drive is hanging on with bailing wire and prayer... I'm not so lucky.

I'm saying there's a chance.

Oooooooh Yeeeah

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »
Watch Dogs Miiverse community is up. This is happening people.

EDIT: On the eShop the game is buried on the fourth column of games, surrounded by Hyrule Warriors, Sportsball and Bayonetta 1.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:46:33 PM by Soren »

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »
Too bad Ubisoft removed the ability to take any screenshots of the post and post them online. That includes Miiverse and the other online photo upload places.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
I despise when games take away Miiverse screenshot posting functionality. Do you want us to promote your game or not? I guess the game is barely on par with the PS360 version.

I've yet to see a single non-bullshot screenshot or video. Are we all waiting for Daan to finish downloading the game so he can do his quick look?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »
I despise when games take away Miiverse screenshot posting functionality. Do you want us to promote your game or not? I guess the game is barely on par with the PS360 version.

I've yet to see a single non-bullshot screenshot or video. Are we all waiting for Daan to finish downloading the game so he can do his quick look?

I know I am waiting for someone else to take the plunge first!

SOMEBODY DID!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqmTMENWTmA
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:23:25 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2014, 08:26:02 PM »
Hmm. at least the gamma looks better than the PS3 version.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »
That looks pretty good to me.  Though I didn't see any of the Open World stuff.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
One week left and still not a slice of gameplay to be seen! It would be awesome if UbiSoft put some nice effort into the game and surprise us... would also be nice if my wife brought home a nice young babysitter to "assist" me when she's at work. Neither of these things appear to be happening.

One down one to go...

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »

One down one to go...
So whats her/his name?  I don't judge.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2014, 12:32:38 AM »
It looks slightly better than the last gen versions. Nothing that would say Ubi pulled substantial work on this version. Miiverse posts already report framerate hits during the driving and racing.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2014, 01:35:56 AM »
You know, I like the lighting
I think I will buy this tomorrow.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2014, 07:36:10 AM »
Driving around.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2014, 09:03:25 AM »
Besides the terrible skybox, what is my peasant eyes missing.  I thought there was suppose to be framerate issues when you were driving.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »
From Gaf:

Unlike the PS360 versions, the WiiU version does support Online Multiplayer besides Hacking and Invasions. They brought it over from X1/PS4. They did reduce the player count from 8 to 4. Voicechat via Gamepad mic is included.

EDIT: Rain effects.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:55:01 AM by Soren »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
Besides the terrible skybox, what is my peasant eyes missing.  I thought there was suppose to be framerate issues when you were driving.

Granted, I haven't played the PS4 version in the while, but the only major difference I saw between the version I played and the Wii U footage is that the Wii U footage is very "fuzzy". Not a lot of sharp details. For all we know, that's just a result of the standard internet video compression. I still don't recommend anyone get this game, but that's just because the game itself isn't great. If you really want it, I don't see anything notably lacking in the Wii U footage.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2014, 08:45:14 PM »
They included the multiplayer from the XB1/PS4? That is a nice perk. I'll probably pick it up early next year so I'll reach out to anyone here who is still interested in playing online.
My Game Collection

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »

One down one to go...
So whats her/his name?  I don't judge.

Handy!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
Ring, ring!
'Wait, someone is at the door, let me che-'

ALL YOUR DOGS ARE BELONG TO WATCH

Impressions soon.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2014, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm thinking of picking it up on Friday when I go get Smash Bros. That is if the store I go to actually has the game.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2014, 01:30:41 AM »
I downloaded it last night and played for like 15 minutes. The map on the GamePad has 3D skyscrapers...not bad. It's a little choppy...and the driving is not as tight as I'd like it to be. There's a skill purchasing tree, which has me excited.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2014, 02:13:03 AM »
The driving is squirrely, but I find driving in most open world games to be less than great.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
The driving is squirrely, but I find driving in most open world games to be less than great.
When I hear Driving and Open World.  Its never good.  Its like Vehicles and FPS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »
Breaking: DedSec was hired by North Korea to hack the Sony CTOS system.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »
Watch_Dogs PRO TIPS:

If you are escaping a gang or the cops and want an easy way out, jump in the water and swim to a boat. Escaping in the water is the easiest way to do it.

Second easiest way to do it is to get on the elevated train tracks with a vehicle or by catching a train. It will get you out of the search area fast. You can drive a motorcycle up the steps to a station platform.

Best skills to unlock are: blow up steam pipes, and disable helicopters. It would be hard to beat the game without them.

Best weapons: The full-auto shotgun chews through all but the heavy armor enemies, and the grenade launcher will take care of the heavies and blow up cars real nice.

Sometimes it's best to hide and wait if you can't get out of the area easily. However, some story missions will not let you do that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:42 PM »
Congratulations to Watch_Dogs, Giant Bomb's 2014 Most Disappointing Game of the Year!

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »
Dude, spoilers.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2015, 10:15:16 PM »
So it's $30 at Walmart (Canada) now. That didn't take long to drop and the pricing is now roughly in line with the other consoles.

I thought about buying for a minute... but $30 still seems kind of high considering it lacks the best bits of DLC, didn't review well on any platform, and has been crucified for poor performance.  (When hitting fewer than 20 frames per second apparently isn't a rare occurrence, the crucifixion might be warranted?)

Anyone want to convince me otherwise?  Is it better to grab Watch Dogs at $30 than Tekken at $20?  Both games look vaguely interesting with opportunity to disappoint.  My biggest concern with Watch Dogs is that I won't be playing for a while anyway, and it'll buying now will be an overpay because it might continue to drop in price.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:21:02 PM by ejamer »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
There is no rush to buy Watch_Dogs. You can probably get it for $20 online in the next few months.

Do you buy DLC? I've bought one piece of DLC in my entire life. I just don't care about it 99% of the time.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2015, 05:38:55 AM »
Do you buy DLC? I've bought one piece of DLC in my entire life. I just don't care about it 99% of the time.

It depends on the game, what the DLC is, and whether it seems like a good value.

Bad Blood wouldn't have been an automatic buy... but it would be something to consider. Given how few open world games Wii U will get, the option to buy more content (even for a mediocre game) would be nice.  Not having the option is disappointing, especially since reviews suggest that Bad Blood is the best part of the game and much better than the other DLC available.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
Just go back and play Godfather on Wii. That was a great game. I still need to pick up Scarface too.
My Game Collection

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »
Just go back and play Godfather on Wii. That was a great game. I still need to pick up Scarface too.

Ah, good suggestion!