Author Topic: Chrome vs. Firefox  (Read 26140 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Chrome vs. Firefox
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 08:17:58 PM »
Vudu, the only way to have chrome save your session is to end its process through the task manager. It's fail safe will save your session, so next time you open Chrome, you'll have the option to re-open your tabs.

Or more easily, you can search through your recent history and open them from their.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 08:29:57 PM »
Why do home console format a hard drive when it is installed inot the console?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 08:36:42 PM »
Why do home console format a hard drive when it is installed inot the console?

geez luleez
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »
Anytime Chrome closes for me, whether intentionally or due to crash, it either automatically opens all the tabs I had or asks me if I want to open them. Recently I accidentally closed my browser window, but when I opened a new one, the first option on the list of sites I'd recently visited was XX Tabs (it was the number of them, I just don't remember the specific one), and when I clicked that it opened everything back up to the way I had it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 03:57:29 AM »
I frankly don't even really see a difference and the details are so small that they really don't matter.  They both allow all kinds of plugins and customization.
Arguing about these two browsers just seems like arguing about your seating position on a circular table.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 01:09:10 AM »
If you don't see a difference you're really not paying attention, and beyond that, this thread hasn't really seen arguments. It's called Chrome vs. Firefox, but that's not what the thread's about, at least not recently. It's more just "Web Browser Discussion," and Chrome and Firefox are the two legitimate options.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
I would like to nominate Konqueror as the winning web browser. Anyone who disagrees can go to hell (which would probably be an eternity of using Internet Explorer).

Not really. Firefox FTW!

"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
is your sanity...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »
Anytime Chrome closes for me, whether intentionally or due to crash, it either automatically opens all the tabs I had or asks me if I want to open them. Recently I accidentally closed my browser window, but when I opened a new one, the first option on the list of sites I'd recently visited was XX Tabs (it was the number of them, I just don't remember the specific one), and when I clicked that it opened everything back up to the way I had it.

That's the way it is for me when I manually close Chrome.  But if Windows restarts itself then I don't have that option.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 02:21:24 PM »
http://chrome.angrybirds.com
Works in Firefox too, but kicks ass in Chrome. Google will be taking over the world soon, and I bet they are teaming up with Nintendo on Project Cafe...just a thought.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA