Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 679812 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Now with only Warriors and Cavs!
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
IT got heart, as he's putting in that effort, but they were all terrible last night.

Cavs were kinda rusty just life the Warriors were, so if Celtics were gonna bring it, last night was their best window of opportunity secure a win and break the Cavs streak.
Not sure it won't be a sweep at this point, but Cavs are on cruise control right now, so maybe the Celtics can still surprise them ave sneak out a win tomorrow.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2017, 09:53:10 AM »
Peas and rice, Boston. Did you even try?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
last nights game was so pathetic, that they should have suited up Shaq, Kenny, Charles, KG and whoever else they had on hand for an exhibition starting 5 just for the 4th Qtr. Then bring in some randoms from the fan pool in the bleachers to fill in the bench.

The Celtics have been retired.

or maybe the NBA should enact a tag-in mode, where if the winner of the previous competitive series happens to get "Rook'd" in the following series for the 1st 2 games, that their opponent from the previous series get tagged in to take their place.
basically, I'm just saying we should pull the Wizards of of vacation and send the Celtics fishing instead.

Cavs set several different team and NBA records last night at the the expense of the Celtics for allowing the Make A Wish foundation to assemble a team that resembled an #1 seed NBA team all dressed in green NBA authentic jerseys, and stuck them in an actual game on national television.

but onto other things....
Kawhi ain't playing today for the Spurs. If the Warriors attempt to respond to the Cavs at the expense of the Spurs tonight, I don't think Pop's will play Kawhi in game 4 either. no need to risk further injury just to maybe win 1 game. Will probably just let LMA get the last of his Spurs time on the court before being traded in the off-season. LOL

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2017, 11:11:17 PM »
That's better, Boston. Lose your leading scoring and best player then somehow come back from a double-digit lead and win a game on the road. Lebron James won't always have games like this so enjoy it while you can.

The Cavs are going to win this series, but if the Celtics can extend the series while the Warriors finish off a limping Spurs team, I may get what I want from the Finals: Golden State steamrolling Cleveland for no other reason than last year's Finals were a goddamn joke.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2017, 11:44:00 AM »
Cleveland as always can't keep up their end of the deal and give us 2 12-0 teams in the Finals. Figures...

JaVale McGee has now been a major factor in two Warrior victories this postseason. Me from 8 months ago would have said you were crazy if you told him that then.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
I checked Twitter when I woke up this morning and was so freaking confused.  I had opted to watch wrasslin' which I was sure would be the less predictable sporting event of the night.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2017, 12:50:53 AM »
Warriors had to figure out how they were going to top last years season (24-0 start / 73-9 record) outside of winning the title this year....
How about a 12-0 sweep of the playoffs!? sure, why not.

I was super HYPED as I was watching the Celts pull the upset yesterday. My boys didn't believe me when I said, no lets go out and watch this game, it'll be worth it.
They said IT was done, and Celts would get blown out the building....
I said, naw... IT wasn't scoring, which makes him a liability on both ends of the court. They might be able to sneak one out without him on the floor.
Everyone kinda blew them off, until they got it close, and then I had a bunch of skeptics still, all the way up till that last 3pt shot bounced around and killed the clock before falling through the hoop.
The whole place erupted. Good times.

And what makes it even funnier is that the Cavs came out to the Monstars music, and just like the Monstars... they lost. lol

Who's got the Celtics getting a 2nd win?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2017, 12:47:04 PM »
I'm hoping the Cavs just came out cocky and don't let this become a series.

Is anyone out there saying the West is weak or that the Warriors were lucky?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2017, 01:57:12 PM »
If nothing else, the Warriors were lucky Kawhi Leonard got injured (or "lucky" that Zsa Zsa Patchooleeuh is such a lumbering, oafy guy). They were getting destroyed in Game 1. The rest of the series was more of a formality.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »
Dubs certainly got lucky Kawhi went down after tweaking his ankle twice in about a minute. But the reason why he was still in the game after being up 20+, Warriors are an excellent come back team,.
And Curry was just warming up with 11pts shooting 4/4 just before that incident. It's possible the Dubs may have had a comeback run making it a close game.

But now the world may never know.... :: crunch::[/eats tootsie pop]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »
It's official, the thread title has come true like we all knew it would.

Warriors v Cavs round 3

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2017, 11:12:12 PM »
Peas and rice, Boston. Did you even try?
Well, this is still accurate.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2017, 10:40:58 AM »
Finally, the best part of the NBA season is here.

My secret wish is for a Cavs sweep, just for the lolz.  Not that it would happen, but could you imagine the reactions?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »
Finally, the best part of the NBA season is here.

My secret wish is for a Cavs sweep, just for the lolz.  Not that it would happen, but could you imagine the reactions?

Yeah, I'm hoping the Cavs get swept too!! High Five!!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »
For maximum hilarity, I want Cleveland to sweep games 4-7.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »
I hate to break it to y'all, but the Slim Reaper is comin' to clean up

but not till after a Steph Curry Supernova comes and wrecks shop first

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2017, 11:04:49 AM »
Again, I'm not even a Warriors fan, but since neither the Lakers nor the Sixers are likely going anywhere this year, all this 3-1 taunting kind of makes me want to see the Warriors steamroll through the playoffs and sweep the Cavaliers in the finals. I don't even want it to be close. I want a 16-0 playoff run and the NBA losing millions in advertising for that nonsense last season.
Let's fucking do this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
Again, I'm not even a Warriors fan, but since neither the Lakers nor the Sixers are likely going anywhere this year, all this 3-1 taunting kind of makes me want to see the Warriors steamroll through the playoffs and sweep the Cavaliers in the finals. I don't even want it to be close. I want a 16-0 playoff run and the NBA losing millions in advertising for that nonsense last season.
Let's fucking do this.

My Man!!!

The bullshit of last years finals pulled by the league and the officials, and the competitive disrespect shown by Lebron that seem to be taken to a personal level on and off the court...
followed by comments by Draymond at the beginning of the season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLK2VhCitw

I am SOOO READY for this rematch. best of 3 everyone healthy this time around.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:49:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2017, 11:38:06 PM »
I had a post typed up and my browser ate so I'm just gonna post this freaking act of God.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »
I had a post typed up and my browser ate so I'm just gonna post this freaking act of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZA0BdL4mc

now with music
https://streamable.com/ecr30

"Be Humble.... bitch, sit down."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »
So far so good, but I'm not celebrating yet. Thompson and Green were not great so I want to see better from them. Yet the Warriors still blew out the Cavaliers. With Curry healthy and the addition of Durant, it may be too difficult for the NBA to even attempt to pull that bullshit from last year.

See, I don't think the NBA actually cares who ultimately wins the championship. This is a star driven league, and these two teams have the most collective stars between them. The NBA has the ratings already. It can market the trilogy, the rivalry etc. The NBA wants more games for more advertising. It can try leaning calls in the Cavs' favor to attempt to give them a better chance of pushing the series to more games. The Cavs still have to deliver. They have to put themselves in a position to actually win some games which may be really hard this year. Golden State has too much talent while Cleveland got older and slower. The Warrriors may be too good to overcome anything but an outright fix.

I want the Warriors to win this year, and I can probably tolerate another year (maybe two) of sheer domination before it gets boring. I wasn't a Lakers fan until they lost in 2008 to the Celtics. I hated when the Lakers rattling off championships in the early 2000s. Outside of these Finals, I want competitive basketball. I still want my teams to win, but I like close games. Blowouts are just not that fun to watch... except this year. Last night was great. Watching Durant blow by James was like eating my favorite dessert.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »
Klay and Draymond were bad offensively but more than made up for it with some stellar defense. Cavs were 1 for 12 from the field when Klay was the primary defender on a play, and he contested 10 of those 12 shots.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
Just imagine what the game looks like when Klay's shots start falling. Durant gonna end up setting a record for dunks in qtr/half/game if they keep parting the red sea to prevent the Splash Bros. from shooting 3's.

Shipping lanes were left side open. Durant couldn't believe they were giving him the red carpet treatment to the rim. He ain't never had it so easy.
No wonder he already agreed to take less next season to keep the core of the team together.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »
Some video's so you can appreciate what I'm watching in these Warrior games.
-It's not all Offensive, they are great on Defense too.

first Draymond "Defensive genius" and potential DPOY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyt1EFkB7gs

and then last nights game, the beauty of playing defense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16sEoVU2Z0&feature=youtu.be
- see how Klay sacrificed his 3 to double down on D

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
I am very sad that Chris Bosh's career has officially ended but glad in a way he won't have any on-court issues that could affect his health down the road. I know it must suck wanting to play and feeling like you could still play at a high level but I hope he puts that energy into the next phase of his life.