Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Backlaugust 2022: Round 3 so we can break our backlogs and be free.

<< < (19/20) > >>

Khushrenada:
I suppose it is time to update the big board to see how this month has gone.

Khushrenada – Picross e8
Bungle4 – Kirby’s Epic Yarn
Mop it up – Mega Man X
Khushrenada – Shantae: Risky’s Revenge
NWR_insanolord – Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
RABicle – Grand Mountain Adventure: Wonderlands
Order.RSS – Human Resource Machine
Mop it up – Mega Man X2
Mop it up – Mega Man X3
Khushrenada – Elli
Khushrenada – Super Bomberman R
RABicle – 80’s Overdrive
Order.RSS – Space Channel 5 Part 2
Broodwars – Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD
Broodwars – Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
NWR_insanolord – Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Khushrenada – WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Mop it up – Mega Man X4
Bungle4 – Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
Khushrenada – BoxBoy + BoxGirl
Khushrenada – Just Dance 2
---------
RABicle - Pokemon Legends: Arceus
Mop it up - Mega Man X5
Broodwars - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories
Luigi Dude - Xenoblade 2: Torna - The Golden Country
pokepal148 - Frog Fractions: Hop's Iconic Cap
Order.RSS - Rez HD
Mop it up - Mega Man X6
RABicle - Pokemon Black 2
Mop it up - Mega Man X7
Broodwars - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD
Khushrenada - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Khushrenada - Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
Mop it up - Mega Man X8
---------
TOPHATANT123 - The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve
Khushrenada - Super Mario Maker 2
Khushrenada - Just Dance 3
Broodwars - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Bungle4 - Sonic Forces
Mop it up - Chex Quest HD
Mop it up - Super Bomberman R
Mop it up - Pokkén Tournament DX
Bungle4 - Talespin
Mop it up - Castlevania
Mop it up - Castlevania: The Adventure
Mop it up - Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Mop it up - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Order.RSS - Daytona USA
RABicle - Metroid Dread
Luigi Dude - Doom Eternal
Luigi Dude - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
Luigi Dude - Steel Assault
Luigi Dude - Demons of Asteborg
Khushrenada - Splatoon
Mop it up - Hades
Khushrenada - Just Dance 4

A strong finish with 22 more games added to the total for the month. I guess the 11th day helped get in a little higher number compared to the 21 games finished during the first ten days. That brings our grand total to 56 for the month. How will the games industry keep up? If there's anyone else that has a game they want added to the total then you better post it quickly over the next couple days.

Mop it up:
While it's too late to count it now, since I had started Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse before August ended, I decided to still finish it up. It's a bit of a mixed bag, but is overall an okay game, and better than the three linear Vanias I just played (though the original and The Adventure are both low bars to clear). A nice variety of stages including neat visuals and music, and branching paths at a couple of points which I guess was their way of mixing Simon's Quest with the regular Castlevania formula, and different characters to try out. The game generally feels better balanced, at least until the last few stages which become pretty questionable yet again. I still don't care for the stiff and limited movement and general gameplay flow though.

There are now three games left in the collection, one of which I've played and completed before in Super Castlevania IV, not sure if I'll play it again or not. I don't think this series is for me, the games just don't feel good to play.

And with that, it looks like Backlaugust is over! I seem to have really been in the zone this time, with 17 games in the bag, goes to show what one can accomplish with a little determination! And a lot of insomnia...

Mop it up:
I was trying to not double post, but nothing's been happening so... I have little choice!

--- Quote from: broodwars on August 30, 2022, 08:08:21 PM ---Sometimes that's for bad, like when a charming little turn-based RPG like Ni No Kuni was absolutely ruined by trying to get all the familiars and their variants. But you don't KNOW going in how these things are going to shake out. You don't KNOW going in that NNK's method of managing familiars is utterly tedious and that some familiars have absolutely ridiculous spawn rates. You don't KNOW going into easy-going World of Final Fantasy how utterly grindy it is to clear all the monster ability boards, or how bullshit the post-game dungeons are.
--- End quote ---
I was thinking some more about this point, and, have you heard of a site called TrueTrophies? It's a place where it shows the average completion time for games to obtain all trophies, as well as having a list of all the trophies and a percentage of how many players have obtained each one. This site seems like it may help answer some of these questions before playing a game, possibly being able to recognize which games will be a painful experience and avoid playing them.

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on August 31, 2022, 12:33:27 PM ---Just Dance 4
Almost had my first 5 star ranking. I seemed to be like a move or two away from it with how the ranking meter looked. I guess I should admit that it is not like every time I dance along I'm doing great in case I've made it sound like these games are a breeze.
--- End quote ---
I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever pictured you as much of a dancer. It must be quite the sight to behold...!

broodwars:
Can't say I'm familiar with TrueTrophies. I generally use sites like PlayStationTrophies or PSNProfiles, which will list completion time if someone creates a guide for it but otherwise don't. And I'm finding less guides these days than there used to be, in which case Google is your friend. I do appreciate that PSNProfiles will tag certain trophies explicitly for being "grindy."

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on September 09, 2022, 11:50:50 AM ---I was trying to not double post, but nothing's been happening so... I have little choice!

--- End quote ---

Pshaw! I double post all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version