Author Topic: Topic of the Day (2022 Edition)  (Read 12392 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Topic of the Day (2022 Edition)
« on: February 09, 2022, 02:58:15 AM »
Eh, why not resurrect this briefly? The topic for February 8 (besides bringing back Topic of the Day itself) is the Community Event for February that is all about the forums and giving them a booster shot of activity. You can read about the event at the link or go to General Gaming. In line with the event, I thought I'd bring back Topic of the Day for at least the rest of February as an aid and assist to those taking part and trying to reach the necessary post count for the month.

And even if you aren't participating in the event to create more posts, you may want to stop in a bit to see what develops and maybe add a post or two of your own anyways to show you still like stopping by here. Let's see what this internet classic can still do!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Day (2022 Edition)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 11:46:55 AM »
Feb. 9 - The big topic today is obviously the fact that a Nintendo Direct is happening today! Time to start getting hyped for 2022 and the debut of Morphy's Law 2. ;) However, as a public service announcement for you armchair Nintendo CEO's, the deadline is here for making your predictions of what Nintendo's 2022 (and/or beyond) will look like. Get those predictions in before the Direct debuts! That makes this a 2 for 1 Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 05:30:43 PM »
Feb. 10 - Well, a lot of possible topics to choose from after a Direct. But let's go with a title that looks to be an early highlight for the Switch's 2022. Kirby and the Forgotten Land. That's the thread for the topic in Console Discussion. This is the Talkback thread for the revealed new moves in the latest trailer. While the land may be forgotten, we won't forget you, Kirby! Topic of the day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 07:32:32 PM »
Feb. 11 - Quite a few choices but I guess I'll go with the good ol' topic of NPD Sales Data since some of the other topic choices are of a more evergreen nature and can probably select them later. Such a shame. After so many months of Switch being the best selling system but never having the number one software title for a month, it finally gets the top spot in software only to fall to the bottom in hardware. Are we ever going to see a Sales Party again instead of always Sales Panic? Topic.... OF THE DAY!!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 01:20:27 AM »
Weekend Reading!

The Topic of the Day or Weekend is a topic that hasn't seen much activity in awhile but I think may about to become a little more active. The NFL Discussion Thread. With the Super Bowl happening tomorrow, it seems like this will be the timely topic for the weekend.

Other topics of interest:

If you are looking for something to play instead of posting on this forum then SHAME ON YOU!! >:(  But I'll still try to help you out by highlighting some games recently released on the Switch eShop this week which were positively received by NWR staff. Games with a pretty positive score this week are:

Infernax which hacked and slashed its way to a very respectable score of 9.0.

Managing to pull off a fine score of 8.5 is Welcome to Elk!.

Of course, a game is more than just a review score so do try to check out the articles to see what is appealing about those titles and if they might appeal to you also.

As always, you may want to check in and let us know what you are playing or the latest game you've just beat. (Or maybe even do a Reader Review about a game and possibly have that become a Topic of the Day. :o )

Otherwise, you can always just post about what's happening in your life these days and/or see what's happening with other forum users.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
Feb. 14 – Looks like I was wrong about there being any football talk. But that actually just makes me like the forums more. Screw football. Unless it is the Mario Strikers kind. Anyways, while there haven’t been a lot of new topics created, that’s alright since I’m going to select another of the big news highlights from the last Direct which is the DLC tracks for MK8. At the very least, it’s worth checking out for Adrock’s bang-on Simpsons meme usage. Any tracks you are hoping to see pop-up? Have you played Mario Kart Tour or will those be new tracks for you? Let it be known in today’s Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 08:55:48 PM »
Feb. 15 - I was wondering what I should make for today's topic and suddenly it appeared just in time for this post! The big news that the 3DS and Wii U eShop offerings have an end date for purchasing has just been announced. Check in the Talkback thread for details and lament why Nintendo keeps offering games for a limited time. First it was Super Mario 3D All-Stars, then Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light and now all the 3DS and Wii U eShop games!! Why does Nintendo keep doing this to its fans?!  >:(  Sad Topic of the Day.  :'(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 09:19:41 PM »
Feb. 16 - It's back! You thought it was dead and gone but the Best of the 3DS eShop series has returned picking up with Part 3 of 2013 releases. As people contemplate if there is anything else they want to get from the 3DS eShop before it closes, perhaps these threads that put some attention on a small chunk of the games available on the eShop will help in the decision of titles to investigate or look up. There's also the Best of the 3DS eShop Series Master Thread to help you look back at previous editions in this series. It's the eShop Topic of the Day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 11:52:01 AM »
Feb. 17 – After highlighting the Best of the 3DS eShop series, it just seemed natural to follow it up with highlighting the Best of the Wii U eShop series that Mr.Bungle created for these forums. I was going to see if he wanted to do a “Hub” Thread like I created for the 3DS to group all the threads in the Wii U series together. I then saw that he used his Series Wrap-Up thread to link all the threads for the Wii U eShop series. Thus, it is that thread which I shall link to as the Topic of the Day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 11:11:02 PM »
Feb. 18 - Might as well continue the week's theme of 3DS/Wii U topics by highlighting the My Nintendo memories for 3DS and Wii U thread. It was created as a place to post your Wii U / 3DS stats of fame/shame something I still need to get around to doing. Everyone loves gaming stats, right? It's why we want a Daily Play Log added to the Switch ahead of folders. ;) Topic of the (Way Behind) Day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 11:23:27 PM »
Feb. 19 - 21 Weekend Reading!

The Topic of the Day / Long Weekend is in regards to the biggest Nintendo game released so far this year: Pokemon Legends: Arceus It's a game that seems to have reignited the passion of many Pokemon fans that had been getting restless with the series over some of it last few entries and has had a lot of chatter in the NWR Discord and elsewhere online. Surely the forums would also be a good place to talk and show one's pokemons.  ;)

If you are looking for something to play beside the POKE and the MON then let me try to help you out by highlighting some games recently released on the Switch eShop this week which were positively received by NWR staff.

Both Ocean's Heart, a 2D-like Zelda game with Wind Waker vibes, and SOL CRESTA, the joke Schmup that became real, were reviewed this past week and both games got an 8.5 rating.

Of course, a game is more than just a review score so do try to check out the articles to see what is appealing about those titles and if they might appeal to you also.

As always, you may want to check in and let us know what you are playing or the latest game you've just beat. (Or maybe even do a Reader Review about a game and possibly have that become a Topic of the Day. :o )

Otherwise, you can always just post about what's happening in your life these days and/or see what's happening with other forum users.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 11:32:43 PM »
Feb. 22 - This site will always be tied to the GameCube due to that being the main factor in its original founding. As such, it's no surprise to see that members here still love thinking about the box. A recent topic wonders whether Nintendo's Software Output From August 2002 - August 2003 might be the greatest string of released games in its history. Agree or disagree? Check out the thread and see where you fall on the matter. Topic of the Nostalgia for Yesterday!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 11:38:53 PM »
Feb. 23 - Today's topic is a bit of an original in that I can't think of many examples in which the process of leveling up in an RPG and what stats or strategies a player focuses on when doing so has been discussed. How Do You Level Up? questions what matters and what doesn't when it comes to making your character's better in a game. It is not about how you get to the Top Kitchen in Next Level Chef. Topic of the I-can't-believe-it's-actually-today Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2022, 07:46:32 PM »
Feb. 24 - Well, as you probably know, it's war. I'm not sure if that's fully the reason as to the creation of this thread, Today Sucks; I Hate This but it's what the title seemed to be referring to in my understanding. Perhaps you too may be looking for something positive and maybe that can be achieved through some silly memes if you have any to share. (Or embrace the negative as ThePerm seems to be suggesting...) Sad Topic of the Day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2022, 07:50:46 PM »
Feb. 25 - Port city, here we come! So many games have been ported to the Switch with more to come and yet it still isn't enough for some because there are certain titles they'd like to see ported which haven't made the Switch leap yet. Maybe you are one of those people holding out hope for a certain game from a previous generation to be ported to the Switch. If so, why not click on the link and post your Switch port wishlist. Perhaps if you put the idea out there, you'll be able to create a cosmic ripple that leads to you dream coming true. Wish Upon A Star of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2022, 08:03:56 PM »
Feb. 26 & 27 Weekend Reading!

The Topic of the Weekend is that there is a new Direct coming this Sunday! (That's good!) However, it is just a small Pokemon Direct that will be airing. (That's bad.) I guess technically it isn't a "Direct" but rather a "Pokemon Presents". (That's... good?) I'm sure the presenting will be another mobile game and more paid DLC. (That's... bad?). I guess it will be up to you to decide whether it is bad or good once it airs.

In the meantime, if you need some help passing the time as you wait for the Pokemon Presents to air then let me try to help you out by highlighting some games recently released on the Switch eShop this week which were positively received by NWR staff.

It was a slower weak for reviews as only three titles were written about this week but of those three both Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection and Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream scored a respectable 8 in their reviews for all your stealth parkour and psychoanalytical RPG needs.  ;D

Otherwise, you can always just forget videogames and post about what you're watching on that new-fangled invention called TV these days. The forum posting ideas are endless!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 08:10:14 PM by The President »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 08:09:52 PM »
Feb. 28 - I always enjoy a good topic (I mean, why else would I be making a thread and posting in it to highlight various topics?) and Adrock has been coming up with some good ones. His latest is all about the gaming conundrum of Digital Games And Your thoughts on them having now been a part of the gaming landscape for a solid 15 years. Have your views changed, stayed the same or is the situation a lot more nuanced than that? Download your thoughts into the thread to join the conversation. Topic of the Digital Age.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 11:26:48 PM »
Mar. 1 - With February over, that means the latest Community Event has also wrapped up. Why not mosey on down to the Forum February Thread to see what the end results were for the month and to post your thoughts on it if you have any to share. Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »
Mar. 2 - The Switch Anniversary is pretty much here and with it are various topics about the current State of the Union accomplishments it has had so far in its 5 year existence so far. One of those topics are the games on the system and to that end, NWR has posted its Top Ten Switch Games at this point in time. With that said, you don't have to let NWR have the final word on this topic and can channel your own inner David Letterman by posting your own personal Switch Top Ten Game List in the linked thread. List of the Day!