Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is your most recent gaming purchase?

<< < (484/486) > >>

M.K.Ultra:
The Simpson's Hit and Run is really good. Also, great to see you finally got Ring Fit. That is my primary indoor workout during these winter months.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on March 01, 2022, 12:09:12 AM ---That's quite a haul for only a few months! But, why Superman 64? Like, why? WHY!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Adrock on March 01, 2022, 12:13:58 AM ---I imagine at least partially as a badge of honor for owning something that is universally panned like why people watch Tommy Wiseau’s “The Room”.

--- End quote ---

Sort of. I mean, it's one of those things where I've heard so many jokes and talk about how terrible it is but I've never played it before and I want to see just what that experience is actually like. Plus, it will probably make the Superman GameCube game seem even better. It's like how you hear about how bad some movies are or a song is and you've just got to see and hear the trainwreck for yourself even if it isn't really all the worth it.

For instance, if someone says "this is absolutely the worst solo i have ever heard by any instrument", don't you want to hear it for yourself to see how bad it is? Plus, it's not like it was that expensive to get either. If I had to pay, like, 40 dollars or something for it then I'd probably pass. Although I'm sure the opinion is that no money at all is worth it and the seller should actually be paying me money to take it but I didn't take that route when bargaining.

Mop it up:
As someone who owns and has played Superman 64, and for similar reasons no less, I understand where you're coming from. At the risk of disappointing you, I have to say, Superman 64 is actually not as terrible as I'd hoped; I think it's just a case of a mediocre game where people actually had some expectations for it since it's a beloved IP, and then things kind of snowballed from there. There are certainly worse games from the era, and earlier eras, and later ones, but no one really plays or cares about those.

You want the real worst game on N64? Hit up Carmageddon 64.

Stratos:
Really? I thought that was kinda fun when I played it at a friend's house as a kid. Or was there a PSX version that was better?

Order.RSS:
Burnout 2 on Gamecube is shockingly good. I believe Khush also prays at the altar of F-Zero GX right? I'm not saying this matches it, but it came closer in terms of the sense of speed than I figured a car game about crashing would.

Holds up really well still, too. But the music is bupkis. Mute & listen to podcasts/radio/better music instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version