Gaming Forums > General Gaming

So nobody likes GameStop?

<< < (2/150) > >>

Morari:
GameStop is overpriced. Gamestop employees are rude and stupid. Gamestop only stays afloat because of a lack of competition. I've been to several different stores in several different states and the story is always the same. Employees are generally too busy or self important to give you the time of day. When you do get their attention they bombard you with ridiculous sales pitches for asinine magazines and reservations for games that they'll create artificial shortages of. Their used games are usually wrecked beyond use and their "new" games have already been broken out of the package and scratched up. To say that one should hate the company and not the employee is ridiculous because the company can only survive so long as people are willing to whore themselves out for a paycheck. If nothing else, you should hate the employees for not having any personal dignity! Overall, I'd say that Gamestop is a lot like Hot Topic. People only go there and work there because of a certain "cool factor" that corporate suits sell them. No one really knows anything concerning the subject matter because they're not truly part of the niche, target audience that the store merely claims to support. People are sheep and that's good for business.

GoldenPhoenix:

--- Quote ---Gamestop employees are rude and stupid.
--- End quote ---

What a ridiculous and stupid statement. Great job lumping everyone into a specific category, considering I've seen the opposite it shows how asinine your stereotypical point really is as is any statement that says "X" group is ALL a certain way. Usually it makes me wonder if it isn't the employees with the problem but the attitude of "X" customer who makes statements like that.

KnowsNothing:
1. I don't know about now, but at one point all new GBA or DS games were $5 more at GameStop for no reason at all.
2. They sell unsealed "new" games.
3. They sell broken used games.  I have purchased multiple broken disc based games (which in all fairness can be hard to test), and even a broken cartridge game that had blatant damage to the pins.  I also have traded in broken games, just because I am an ass hole.
4. They had such an awesome SNES collection and they got rid of them all :( bastards

On the slip side, yeah they do screw you over with their trade in values but at least they ACCEPT trade ins in the first place.  Not many other places, especially big retail chains, will let you do that.  Something is better than nothing.

Spinnzilla:

--- Quote ---2. They sell unsealed "new" games.
--- End quote ---

Really? my nearest gamestops has unsealed games marked as new, but they're for display purposes only.  they keep all the sealed stuff behind the counter. 

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: GoldenPhoenix on March 21, 2009, 09:07:13 PM ---
--- Quote ---Gamestop employees are rude and stupid.
--- End quote ---

What a ridiculous and stupid statement. Great job lumping everyone into a specific category, considering I've seen the opposite it shows how asinine your stereotypical point really is as is any statement that says "X" group is ALL a certain way. Usually it makes me wonder if it isn't the employees with the problem but the attitude of "X" customer who makes statements like that.

--- End quote ---

looks like Golden Phoenix caiught Morari's Fallacy of Hasty generalization.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_fallacy

another article to read for fun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version