Author Topic: Video and Arcade Top 10  (Read 10533 times)

Offline xino

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« on: February 01, 2003, 06:09:21 PM »
This is a Canadian video game show that has been on ever since the super nintendo, and is hosted on Ytv, which is a Canadian kids channel. Its really funny, I mean I watch it just for a laugh most of the time, but now and then you can find some alright games on there.

You can watch the show right on their web site, so go have a laugh.

Text

I dont know if that doesn't work than just type: videoandarcade.com  

Offline Doerr

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 06:20:18 PM »
I used to watch that show all the time but now they got rid of all the original people.

Offline DarkNite

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 06:50:43 PM »
I remember that show. I can't believe it's still on.
Chicken Pox?! Mom, what is this guy? A Veterinarian?! - Calvin

Offline Mojo

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 03:13:27 PM »
I used to love that show.

Offline Sonical XIII

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 02:34:15 PM »
Ha! Nicholas Picholas was the host as I recall. I don't know, I always found the show to be pretty bad, although I always watched just to see if someone would win the Elvis bust at the red bonus ball round. Gotta love YTV though, they were the only Canadian station that played Beast Wars Transformers.
Sonical XIII, from the man who brought you the exalted (albeit poorly named) online presence of SonicalCynic

Offline Smash

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »
I wonder if the show has any real ties with Nintendo. I say this because I always wondered what hardware they were using to play the GBC or GBA games on the television screens. Without ties with Nintendo they would have to use a third-party solution, but I have never heard of such hardware. If I remember correctly, they had this hardware that you would insert into a N64 (it was in the shape of a gamepak) and there would be some type of ribbon-cable leading from it to the GBC the player was using. I don't know what they are doing for the GBAs though because I haven't watched the show in some time. I do remember that they were doing this (outputting video) even before I heard of those GBA modifications you can import from Japan that allow you to output the GBA video through A/V cables. They also manage to output a very clear signal (with no noticeable interlacing or other stretch effects) that the aforementioned modification is famous for.

Anybody have thoughts on how they accomplish the TV-out with Nintendo's portable systems?

After Thoughts

- You can visit them at www.videoandarcade.com
- You can actually watch a full episode online at the above link.
- Isn't it time they update that introduction? I mean, it still has WaveRace 64 in it.
- What is with the name? They have nothing to do with "arcade" at all.
-----------------------------
Sm@sh

Offline Mike Works

• View Profile
Video and Arcade Top 10
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 11:11:01 PM »
Ah, good ol Video and Arcade Top 10. Many a noon were spent on my couch, chowing down Kraft Dinner while listening to the week's retarded piece of mail for the day. I also loved the reward system on the show. If you work your ass off and beat 3 other competitors you get some random SNES game, or if you're lucky, an N64 game. If you're sitting in a chair, you get the same thing! For doing nothing! If you send in a piece of mail and it gets read, you get BOTH games that were on the show!

I always hoped that someone would put a rabid weasel in that trash can. That would've made for some entertaining TV. I could only imagine the bitch names Nicholaus Picholaus would've obtained while in prison.

"Put on the blindfold and BEND OVER"
http://www.planetgamecube.com - your number one source for everything and anything xbox