Author Topic: Metroid Prime for Home Consoles Not Coming Until Next Console  (Read 12148 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime for Home Consoles Not Coming Until Next Console
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »
I don't think consoles are dying, it's just that a large segment of the audience that made them big last gen have moved to phones.  Most of those people weren't around during the PS2/GC/XB gen so how is this gen comparing to that one?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure with the right attraction anybody would buy a console. The appeal of having a new cell phone or tablet may take away sales temporarily, but I don't see that as a long term thing. Nintendo tends to do well in handhelds, but i can see THAT actually being the market that gets destroyed. If Nintendo put as much attention towards their consoles as they currently do their handheld than it would be doing better. I think Nintendo remains successful on the hnadheld front because they focus on that because they are worried about losing that revenue source.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Interesting how they specifically said "Metroid Prime" and not just "Metroid." I still feel three games is enough in the Prime style (or four if Hunters counts, never played it), so I hope if there is a Prime 4 then it has significant differences.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
While I like the first person metroid, im not opposed to a 3rd person metroid. I just dont want 2 button metroid.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post