Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 323527 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Now With Original Programming!
« Reply #475 on: July 30, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Had my first case of Netflix Adultery with my wife. Last week she brought up the Stranger things saying we should watch it and I was excited because I was going to tell her the same thing that evening.  But we agreed to finish the last two episodes of Agents of Shield first. I come home the NEXT night to find her half way through episode 3 because "oops". She had completely forgotten our conversation the night before and she had started binging the show that afternoon despite what we agreed.

So we agreed that I would reset her viewing progress and we would start over. We are now through episode 5 and really enjoying the show. I am especially happy we passed where she was at because she is a terrible secret keeper.

Loving the show so far and I am very glad it is a 'period' piece just makes it feel more believable and suspenseful.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 30, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
Stranger things is great. Literally can't say anything bad about it. It also would work wonderfully as a book.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 04, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »
Stranger things is great. Literally can't say anything bad about it. It also would work wonderfully as a book.

My wife and I finished Stranger Things last week. I can't say enough good things about this show. Lately, I've felt that movies and shows have lacked the magic that I enjoyed from 80's movies. This show captures what I love about the movies from that period and makes it their own.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 05, 2016, 12:01:37 AM »
How do you feel about a second season?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 05, 2016, 12:08:04 AM »
I'm excited about the possibility. I think they've fleshed the world and story to give themselves enough to work with for a few seasons. I love the cast, and I'd like to see how they progress.

Plus I can't wait to see these kids get an NES eventually.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:03 AM »

Am I the only one enjoying this **** right now?

There's so many things to say about this show... as it jumps to actual clips from the 70's, and then to some sitcom looking ****, and then back to the actual good looking **** again. And even though the visual changes are kinda weird (along with some of the characters - Jaden. LOL), the music is good, and the show is just entertaining. They shift all over the place too, from disco, to hip hop, to "kung-fu" to spanish and back again.
It's a little bit cheesy, a little bit history, a little bit weird, a little bit musical, a little bit dance pary, but plenty entertaining.

Quick synopsis: That time period in The Bronx when Hip Hop was coming up on scene, and Disco was about to see its sun set. Story focuses mostly on a group of friends who try to come up in the new scene as they abandon the old.

edit: and even though Netflix usually releases all episodes at once, and the poster above says all episodes, there are a total of 12, but on the 1st 6 eps have been released for now. The other half drops early next year.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:00:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »
Netflix released the soundtrack for Stranger Things: Volume 1 of 2

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/netflix-details-stranger-things-volume-1-score-release-w433690
Netflix's hit Eighties-inspired sci-fi series Stranger Things will release two volumes of its synth-y soundtrack, the streaming service announced Wednesday. Stranger Things, Volume 1 arrives digitally August 12th, with a CD release planned for September 16th. Volume 2 is out digitally August 19th followed by a September 23rd physical release.

Track Listing: Vol 1
1. "Stranger Things"
2. "Kids"
3. "Nancy and Barb"
4. "This Isn't You"
5. "Lay-Z-Boy"
6. "Friendship"
7. "Eleven"
8. "A Kiss"
9. "Castle Beyers"
10. "Hawkins"
11. "The Upside Down"
12. "After Sarah"
13. "One Blink For Yes"
14. "Photos in the Woods"
15. "Fresh Blood"
16. "Lamps"
17. "Hallucinations"
18. "Hanging Lights"
19. "Biking to School"
20. "Are You Sure?"
21. "Agents"
22. "Papa"
23. "Cops Are Good at Finding"
24. "No Weapons"
25. "Walking Through the Nether"
26. "She'll Kill You"
27. "Run Away"
28. "No Autopsy"
29. "Dispatch"
30. "Joyce and Lonnie Fighting"
31. "Lights Out"
32. "Hazmat Suits"
33. "Theoretically"
34. "You Can Talk to Me"
35. "What Else Is There to Do?"
36. "Hawkins Lab

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 04, 2016, 08:25:27 PM »
So Stranger Things was excellent. I don't feel as if a second season is really necessary.

I know I'm late to the party. I'll post thoughts if anyone is interested in discussing things.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 04, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
Of course we are. post away.

then get up on The Get Down. ;)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2016, 03:17:50 AM »
I was also thinking I didn't think a second season of Stranger Things was necessary. Although, now I want more of Stranger Things. Not a lot to fill the void.

I can see the story continuing on, and I guess it will. I like how Fargo and American Horror Story do it though.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2016, 06:36:19 PM »
Looks like Netflix wants to push it's library up to 50% Original Content

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/21/netflix-wants-50-of-its-library-to-be-original-content/

So if you like what Netflix is currently outputting as original, then this is nothing but good news.
The only remaining question is, Does this mean Netflix will drop the amount of licensed content to balance out the numbers? or will there be a minor price hike so that we can keep both current licensed volume and see increase in Original Content as well?

Personally I wouldn't be against a small hike in cost if it meant we got more original content of this same quality (or better), and maybe also got more NEW content to streaming sooner. Or even an extra Netflix Premium tier, with things like, TV episodes a week after air date, more New Movies on streaming sooner, or limited release VOD content - like indie fest films, limited releases, Caans festival films, Oscar Nominations during Oscar season, etc etc.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
I like the idea of doing a tier system because I would use it to get newer episodes of shows. It would also allow them to compete more directly with Amazon where you can buy access to full current seasons of shows.

But on the flip side, they may not want to do any sort of tier system because of how badly that went the last time w/ the DVD break off and risk alienating the majority of their users. Again though, Amazon is doing something similar and doing fine so it would probably be better for them to try something out.

I would be willing to go up to $20-25 if it meant more content or quicker availability of currently airing shows.

On a different note, you should consider changing the thread poll to something more relevant. How about what our favorite Netflix series is (Marvel, Stranger Things, Get Down, etc.), or how much we would be willing to pay for a Netflix Plus service?
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »
I love that Netflix is really emphasizing their original content, but I don't think getting to the point where it's half of what they have makes sense, no matter which way they got there. They have a truly fantastic library of TV shows, and that's the primary reason I subscribe, so I'd really hate to see that go.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
I feel like I should cancel Netflix. Their movie selection seems to get worse and worse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Now you can watch on the GO, no mobile data needed.
« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2016, 01:59:32 AM »
Netflix just launched a new Download and Go feature for the mobile app
https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/downloads-make-it-even-easier-to-watch-netflix-on-the-go

now you can load up on everything you want to watch while at home on your wifi, and then take that plane ride... or train ride, and don't have to worry about no signal... or just not using your mobile data.

Thanks Netflix.
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/803962377997688832

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »
Dang that is awesome!
I wonder if it's available in Canada?
In somewhat related news, Amazon Prime streaming just started today in Canada. Is it worth it?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 01, 2016, 04:27:03 PM »
I have Prime Streaming... But outside of HBO stuff, I haven't watched anything on it in ages. I hear done of the original programming is good though.

And the Netflix Offline should be worldwide.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 05, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »
STRANGER THINGS 2

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 05, 2017, 11:51:18 PM »
I don't know if this is just happening to me, but i have the link to NWR Forums saved as an https to block all the crap that happens on mobile (using Chrome at home and mobile), but since youtube links are strictly http, they do no show up in the home browser.

but the real reason i replied, was did you see the trailer that played right afterwards?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 05, 2017, 11:55:12 PM »
I watched the first episode of Troll Hunters, it was well polished, but felt a little generic.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:35 PM »
I watched the first episode of Troll Hunters, it was well polished, but felt a little generic.

I was confused, I thought it was the CG from a Stranger Things video game... but it seemed to veer away from the source material in a weird way.
Then the title screen came up, and it was Troll Hunters in the Stranger Things format.
I wonder if the cartoon was inspired by the show.... because that vid made the premise of the cartoon seem eerily similar to the show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxK3pJbzGyE

people of this forum would probably look forward to this.
hint: New Netflix Anime series/movie with a very familiar IP

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »
Stranger Things 2 trailer dropped as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

looks like another banger.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 22, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
Finally watched Rogue One on Netflix today. I was pleased with it, much better than I thought it would be. Still a little nit-picky about some of the details, but it was an enjoyable ride.

Also, everyone should check out the new Castlevania series (unless you dislike bloody violence). I was left wanting more and look forward to S2.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 23, 2017, 12:50:52 AM »
Stranger Things 2 is looking gooood. I like the spooky Halloween theme they got going.