Author Topic: RE: Naruto 4 Giveaway!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto 4 Giveaway!
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:35:29 PM »
Win Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 in our new contest!

Whether you love strapping on a headband you bought online and going to anime conventions, or if you just love really good fighting games, chances are you want Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 for GameCube! It's an import game whose name translates roughly to "TOTALLY AWESOME NINJA BATTLE," and we don't think it's too presumtious to think that "it's awesome" and "you want it." Thanks to our super cool hookup buddies at Lik-Sang, we're going to give you one! Well, just one of you, anyway. You'll have to fight for it! And by fight, we mean constructively write!    

Write a persuasive or otherwise very entertaining letter to D3Publisher in an attempt to convince them to publish Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 and 4 outside of Japan.  Sure, Ninja Taisen 1 and 2 are kind of cool (those are scheduled for a North American release in the spring), but 3 and 4 are the real deal! Use your best writing jutsu and submit your letter to contest@planetgamecube.com - we, the shadowy Planet GameCube staff, will pass along the best letter to D3Publisher and award the writer his or her very own brand new copy of Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 (and a Freeloader disc, if you need it), courtesy of Lik-Sang!    

Just make sure you abide by the following rules:    

• Starts: Right now! Black Friday the 25th!  
  • Ends: December 2nd at Midnight CST. That's a week!  
  • Must be your own, original writing.  
  • Limited to one entry per person.    

Winners will be decided by members of the Planet GameCube staff, whose decisions are final. Planet GameCube staff and Lik-Sang employees are not eligible to win. Entrants who violate the above rules may be disqualified. Open to our readers worldwide.  

The contest has ended! After a couple of rounds of voting, the PGC staff has selected Eric O'Brien and his clever letter as our totally awesome winner. Thank you for your participation! Watch for our next contest!    

Here's the winning letter for your own perusal:    

To: Mr. D3Publisher    

It has come to my attention that, you, Mr. D3Publisher, president of D3Publisher, have decided to publish two video games in the United States: Naruto: Wrath of the Ninja and Naruto: Wrath of the Ninja 2. I am here representing gamers across the country, and I act for all of them as I kneel down and wash your feet with the most heartfelt gratitude and respect. However, as an avid gamer and chairman for all game consumers in this great country (let freedom ring, amirite?), I feel it is my most esteemed responsibility to notify you that you could be barrel-rolling down an unstoppable path towards remorse and unforgivable self-loathing. I cannot save you, Mr. D3Publisher, only you can do this; I am here, however, to help. There is something I feel – that all gamers feel – you need to do. There are two more games that need to be published in the US. Deep down you know what I'm talking about, Mr. D3Publisher- Wrath of the Ninja 3 and Wrath of the Ninja 4.    

Of course, one cannot be expected to immediately rock the entire Western industry with such a bold move by a simple suggestion. There needs to be proof. There needs to be evidence that this is, in fact, the right move. I have provided here all the evidence you'll need. I have provided data, hard statistics that show that this is the correct decision. After all, facts are all indisputable- they're the only thing that can show you the way. Did you know that in a recent poll it was proven that 83.5% of all Americans will believe any made up statistic as long as it is said in a convincing manner? Shocking, to say the least.    

If you're on the fence about this monumental decision of biblical proportions, read further, and soon you will see the light.    

1.       The anime series Naruto is quickly becoming the next DragonBall Z, and this is precisely the right time to start saturating the market with merchandise.    

I have provided with this message a graph (article 1) that proves that Naruto is really making a name for itself as a new anime. Along with this I have provided a second graph (article 2) that shows the same data for DragonBall Z, the most popular and by far the most lucrative anime to sweep the western hemisphere. As you can see by comparing these two articles, the level of popularity at which video games need to be released is upon us, clearly labeled as "CRITICAL MASS" on the charts. You can also see that Naruto is exactly two fighting game sequels behind DragonBall Z at this point in its life. To be frank, this is unacceptable, and you can never expect Naruto to ever each DBZ's popularity without the same number of games. This would also be a wise time to start manufacturing backpacks, key-rings, lanyards, coffee-mugs, mouse-pads, action-figures, hats, shirts, pants, undergarments, socks, shoes, and temporary tattoos.    

Article 1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/broncotrolley/DBZPOPULARITY.jpg    

Article 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/broncotrolley/NARUTOPOPULARITY.jpg    

2.       Naruto: Wrath of the Ninja 1 and 2 are great, but 3 and 4 are by far the better of the games.    

The first two titles in this series are spectacular games, but comparing them to the latter entries is like comparing CELDA to HALO 2. Just don't do it, you'll be caught with your pants around your ankles in a hurry. I have provided undeniable proof of this. I believe this set of photographs speaks for itself:    

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/broncotrolley/1ans2.jpg    

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/broncotrolley/3and4.jpg    

3.       US nerds don't care about spoilers.    

I understand your reservations about releasing these games here due to spoilers, after all these games do include characters that the US audience may not be aware of yet. However, I can provide proof that gamers living in the US simply do not care about spoilers. Take, for example, the Harry Potter franchise. Spoilers about the latest entry in the series of books spewed forth from all corners of the Internet- and who would spoil such a thing? Why, gamers of course! The gaming community is lax about spoilers to an unprecedented level. Need proof? I provide for you the following link (WARNING SPOILERS):    

http://www.planetgamecube.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=13645&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE =    

As you can see, fistworthy member RABicle bursts into the thread spouting off spoilers left and right. Following his post is an extreme disinterest that cannot be ignored.    

Based on the evidence I have provided, I think the conclusion is obvious.  There is no reason to deprive US gamers from these games.  These are the best in the series, and this is the right time to announce your plans to localize them.  Furthermore, US nerds don't care about spoilers, so feel free to release them before the anime catches up!  No one will care!    

Don't be a bumcloud, you know what you need to do.

• "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:34:51 PM »
    What an interesting, yet completely unexciting contest.  Oh well, a contest is a contest, which means knowsnothing MUST ENTER.
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • Score: 28
      • View Profile
      • Six Sided Video
    « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:56:32 PM »
    "Deer Bandie,

You guys sock.

Much love,

-PGC"
    :: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
    PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • Score: -1
      • View Profile
    RE:Naruto 4 Giveaway!
    « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:06:48 PM »
    Wouldn't D3 have a higher chance of publishing 3  - 4 than bandai since D3 is publishing and localizing 1 and 2.
    PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
    Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
    3DS: 4124-5011-7289
    PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
    http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Famicom

• Score: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 06:15:31 PM »
    Yeah, I thought Bandai only handled the localization of the Narutimate series. Either way, free game's a free game, so I'll give it a shot.
    Oops pow suprise!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • Score: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 07:41:22 PM »
    I don't ever want to watch Naruto, but I enjoy kicking polygons in the face. Can I kick polygons (in the face) in this game? If so I will type some words!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 08:36:24 AM »
    You can kick CEL-SHADED polygons in the face, there's nothing more fun than that!
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
    • Score: -63
      • View Profile
      • oh my god
    RE:Naruto 4 Giveaway!
    « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 09:11:19 AM »
    I've gotten some pretty funny entries, but I don't think the humor was deliberate.