Author Topic: Zelda Wii disc ocasionally doesn't read..  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Zelda Wii disc ocasionally doesn't read..
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »
Got my less than a week w/ the ubiquitous Zelda, though as the thread suggests, after the hitting the start icon, sometimes it goes black and stays that way. After pressing the power off and putting it on again, it works fine. Anyone else have this problem, or should I just get an exchange?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Wii disc ocasionally doesn't read..
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:31:33 AM »
I haven't had this exact problem, but I've had similar problems.  Occasionally, when I load up a VC game or the Shop Channel the screen goes black and then stays that way.  I have to turn it off using the power button the system and then restart it.

Also also observed that sometimes it takes longer than normal to start up a channel--most notably the Mii Channel.  This usually happens when I receive a new Mii, so at first I assumed it was just Nintendo being slow about downloading the necessary information, but recently I've seen it happen when there is no new Mii to download.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Wii disc ocasionally doesn't read..
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
Well I exchanged the disc, but the same thing happens. Must be the Wii then? Wii Sports doesn't have this problem. It might be a software thing that might be fixed the next time an update rolls around. I don't think its worth hauling the whole system back to my retailer or Nintendo. Maybe I should rename this thread to "My screen goes black thread"... umm, how do I do that exactly?
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda Wii disc ocasionally doesn't read..
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
UPDATE: When I 'switch' the Wii off (when the power light goes red) and put in Zelda, it starts off every time like normal. Now I don't think I'm missing much if the power light is just yellow (Wii Connect24?), so I'm doing this from now on. Maybe it'll be fixed in a firmware update?

Vudu, try this out with your VC problems and see what happens.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa