Author Topic: The FaceBall 2000 16 years later thread...  (Read 72220 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: The FaceBall 2000 Event of the year megathread:
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »
Oh, I should warn you... the FaceBall game itself is... well... not very good.  I mean, it's a FPS for the original Game Boy - don't expect a lot out of it.  It's still going to be lots of fun, but no getting mad at me when you drive 14 hours to play the game...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
RE:The FaceBall 2000 Event of the year megathread:
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 04:44:11 PM »
I'm not going just to play Faceball. Its a reason for me to get out of the house and meet some people. I'll be coming back with pics!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Personally I'm coming to st...see your Nintendo collection and the many forummers who have made me into what I am today.

Also, Kashogi did you say you were coming?  If so could you bring your projector by chance?

Edit:
I added an event to the NWR Facebook as well.  I don't know UncleBob's real name or I give him admin rights to it.

UncleBob: I can take it down if you like.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Well, I'd love to come but it is about 1000 miles away which is a 15 and half hour drive for me. Maybe if this one is successful and another is scheduled in the summer, I'll shoot out there because I'll have some vacation days to use at work and a bit more money.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Has anyone sent an e-mail yet?  I haven't gotten any from NWR members...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
Email is sent.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I've sent you two.  One from Facebook inviting you to the event and one from gmail.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I don't have a facebook account.

Bustin, I got your message, but I haven't gotten anything from Ceric... lemme check and make sure this is all set up correctly...

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Count me in!

Since it's an 8-9 hour drive for me, coming up the day of probably wouldn't be a good plan (unless I want to get there all late and crap). Then again, I teach on Friday until 4:30pm, so I wouldn't be able to leave till late. So...

Between Lincoln, NE and Carmi, are you aware of any good places/cities you could recommend that I stop and stay over (preferrably one with cheap-yet-not-crappy hotels)? Then I could do half the drive on Friday, then finish it on Saturday morning to get there all punctual-like and with plenty of time for much game-playing.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
I'm 13 hours away. Too far for me, sorry!
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
Yay decoyman. Can't wait to meet you guys!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
Yeah, me too!

I think we're going to have to get little nametags of our avatars, with our forum names underneath and our real names in parentheses underneath that, though, lol.  
Twitter

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I noticed Ceric's invitation from facebook, but unfortunately because of my current low financial situation (3rd semester yet to be paid off) and I have yet to get my Canadian driver's license (I can drive but only in Portugal), so I cannot go with my upmost regret.
It's only 11 to 12 hours by car, and obviously even less by plane which is one way that I would surely use to reach UncleBob's own version of PAX.
Maybe next year.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Caliban - what part of Canada are you from?  I've got someone in Barrie, ON who is looking to drive down - perhaps you could car pool.

Anywhoo, I've turned off the SPAM filter from verizon.net, so if you've sent me an e-mail try resending one again...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
* in appreciation to such suggestion*

I... I just can't afford such daunting adventure in the near future. I'm sorry.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: UncleBob
I don't think the cops will be a problem... we're a small town.

dress warmly.

Dress warmly, ay?

*Mr Burns* Excellent.

As for my projector, honestly probably not. Techinically, it's both my brother and mine.

So it's a toss up. I wouldn't depend on it.  
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I'd love to.  Absolutely love to.  But unless I win the lottery between now and then, it isn't likely to happen.  However, best of luck to everyone who attends!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Do you have the Address UncleBob?

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Count me in, though I have no clue how far this is from Schaumburg Il but I will figure it out.  Oh and btw UB I have your DVD with Brawl footage just about done, I am dubbing in the music and then you should be good to go sir.  

EDIT:

It is a 6 hourish drive not bad.   Also an invitation for anyone traveling north down the night before.  If you need a place to stay after a long drive I can have one or two people stay at my apartment if they need a rest before the rest of the drive to UB.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
You all are crazy.  UncleBob is going to mug you all for your Nintendo gear, to support his habit.  Just you watch!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Seriously guys, Shecky's right.

Anywhoo... I got a package today...

I'm on my lunch and don't have time to play with them though.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
Well, you never know who will show up now that this on the Interwebs.

Though thats why we signed up for email notifications, right? We won't be silly enough to post any actual addresses here...

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
Hey cool, darkheart! Yay!

Hey... what about the staffers? UB, you should con some of the staffers into coming too.
Twitter

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I've tried to talk Pale into coming... He's the only one who's really expressed interest in it.