Author Topic: First Global Splatfest Results Announced  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
First Global Splatfest Results Announced
« on: May 15, 2016, 03:32:27 AM »

Apparently cosplay isn't *too* popular.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42712/first-global-splatfest-results-announced

The first global Splatfest is in the books, and the Fancy party dazzled their way to victory.

Global: Fancy 358, Costume 342 (52-48, 51-49) At Flounder Heights, the sharp dressed squids and kids were the sharper shooters on the day following a narrow win in the popularity poll. Callie's worldwide win marks her first win in North American competition since January. Although narrow battle wins are par for the course in Japan - where the result has been 51-49 on three prior occasions since the 6x multiplier, this is a first for North America in the same time and just the second for Europe/Australia.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: First Global Splatfest Results Announced
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 02:37:55 PM »
Wow, I think this is the closest fest I've seen!

I'm a little surprised, I also thought Costume would win popularity. I had no idea how wins were going to go from my own experience however, as my teams won about 50% of the time.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
I totally forgot that the splatfest was this weekend. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »
This was easily the most fun Splatfest I've participated in (even though the wrong team won). I hope all of them are global from now on.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »
So far, I haven't had free time during any of the Splatfests. Do they ever do them in the middle of the week?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 06:31:27 PM »
So far, I haven't had free time during any of the Splatfests. Do they ever do them in the middle of the week?
As far as I know, they've all been on a Saturday in the US. Maybe a Sunday too? But yeah, pretty sure none have been during the week, unless you count starting on Friday night in certain timezones.