Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Audio Guides Available at Louvre Museum  (Read 979 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo 3DS Audio Guides Available at Louvre Museum
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:31:53 AM »

You can now wander around the Louvre with a 3DS.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29776

Louvre museum visitors can take advantage of Nintendo 3DS audio guides beginning today, according to a Nintendo of Europe press release.

Last year we reported that Nintendo would be supplying the Louvre with 3DS units to be used as audio guides. Starting today these 3DS systems are now the exclusive audio guide for the museum. 

Nintendo developed the software which takes use of the systems ability to display 3D images. The audio guide also includes a map which can display your location as well as over 700 commentaries on the various works of art.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said "Nintendo's experience within the development of games that can be enjoyed by all, regardless of age and gender, has been utilised with the aim that visitors to the Louvre museum will have further enriched opportunities to experience the exhibits on offer."

Adults can rent the audio guide for five euros, while those under the age of 18 can rent it for three euros.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Re: Nintendo 3DS Audio Guides Available at Louvre Museum
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »
I remember getting kind of lost in the Louvre with my group when I went there on French club trip. (It was for Junior and Senior to go visit for two weeks.) I found the French crown jewels in our wonderings in a more dusty part of the museum.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS Audio Guides Available at Louvre Museum
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
Okay, in an ideal world where money, effort, and smarts are both plentiful and generously spent, imagine this:

The Louvre's 3DS systems are all friend coded to each other, and while on your audio tour you can pick your favorite paintings or works of art.

When you pass by someone you "streetpass" them and instead of the game you're playing, your Mii shares what is currently your favorite work of art.

And you can send Swapnotes to anyone or everyone else in the Museum at that time, containing photos or sketches of your own!

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!