Author Topic: Anyone know how to solve a NAT 3 issue?  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Anyone know how to solve a NAT 3 issue?
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:06 PM »
My Wii U and 3DS work just fine, but I can't get my PS3 to not have anything other than a NAT 3 connection. It stinks because I can't play LittleBigPlanet 3 online with people. My connection is a NAT 3, making those types of games impossible to play without a ton of lag.

I remember an option was doing something with the DMZ and allowing the PS3 to be open on it or something? I don't recall.

I also don't recall what information I should give to get some help, so I apologize ahead of time!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:29:31 AM by Wino »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know how to solve a NAT 3 issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »
http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

Have you tried the steps on the link? This didn't work for me per se, but my connectivity problems go beyond NAT settings on my consoles. I did need to change my router, but I assume my situation was more extreme.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »
That looks complicated. I'm afraid I'll somehow screw up having the internet for the whole house! I'll try that out tomorrow, though, and post my results, if any! Thanks, Soren!  :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
If its a router issue get a new router, if its an ISP issue get a new ISP. I had an NAT issue once with a shitty ISP that had the whole damn town on one shared IP it was an nightmare getting any online gaming to work. One of the reasons I never got into online gaming. They actually charged extra for "unlocking" a game console real shitty ISP.

There was an illicit fix that many got to work I don't know if would work in your case or would be something worth trying but I would have to point you to a website I would get in major trouble for linking to so sorry if I was not that much help.

Hint: it has something to do with p2p that is all I will say.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:11:20 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.