Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193717 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3950 on: October 18, 2016, 01:43:25 AM »
I finished iZombie S2 and it was a fun season, though I'm worried it is about to get into super weird territory with what was revealed in the season finale.

what happened? please refresh me.

Started Gotham S2 and I'm rather disappointed in it so far because of all the hype I heard. Will keep with it, but there are some weird choices so far.

But it's sooooo good. you gotta embrace it for what it is, and just go for the ride.

My wife and I are going to watch Arrow S4 and Flash S2 in tandem. And the first few of Arrow are promising, but I know it will be a mixed ending from what I hear.

Arrow... better than S3? matter of opinion, but certainly worse than S1 or 2
The Flash, another quality season of entertainment

We finished S6 of Walking Dead, and boy does the show feel like it has re-found its footing. Plenty of thrills and the wordy monologues were much more succinct than previous seasons. Great finale and I am very pumped for S7. Seems like the major characters are actually back in danger again.

S6 got me into the whole show again. Unfortuneately S1 & 2 of Fear the Walking Dead couldn't carry the torch in the off season.

and because it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Agents of SHIELD has been good so far this season.
Season 2 level start. Ghost Rider has been great. Show has been on hit so far.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: October 18, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
The best show based on a comic book on TV today is....... I can't believe i'd actually say this, but it's actually Lucifer.

The show has improved so dramatically; acknowledging the ridiculousness of its premise and jumping headfirst into the comedy. Tom Ellis is as perfect in the role as Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
I finished iZombie S2 and it was a fun season, though I'm worried it is about to get into super weird territory with what was revealed in the season finale.

what happened? please refresh me.

Max Rager release party turns into a zombie fest and a lot of the side characters get killed off that I had hopes for. I like the new BF for Liv and I had hoped that the daughter of the Max Rager CEO would turn a new leaf since he abandoned her as a zombie. I don't like those choices, but can live with them. The weirdness was Liv discovering the woman from the company buying Max Rager was actually a zombie and she was planning to turn Seattle into the "zombie capital of the world". This just seems like it could get way too weird too fast for me. I don't want them to diverge too far from the formula they already have going for the show.

Started Gotham S2 and I'm rather disappointed in it so far because of all the hype I heard. Will keep with it, but there are some weird choices so far.

But it's sooooo good. you gotta embrace it for what it is, and just go for the ride.

Okay, I'll admit that I'm mostly bothered with the Joker 'origin' story, just feels wrong to hint that the Joker's MO/style was jacked by a previous guy. Aside from that it has been quite the fun ride, and I am actually enjoying Barbara as a villain.

My wife and I are going to watch Arrow S4 and Flash S2 in tandem. And the first few of Arrow are promising, but I know it will be a mixed ending from what I hear.[/size]

Arrow... better than S3? matter of opinion, but certainly worse than S1 or 2
The Flash, another quality season of entertainment

Agree with you for both of these shows.

[/size]
[/font]
We finished S6 of Walking Dead, and boy does the show feel like it has re-found its footing. Plenty of thrills and the wordy monologues were much more succinct than previous seasons. Great finale and I am very pumped for S7. Seems like the major characters are actually back in danger again.

S6 got me into the whole show again. Unfortuneately S1 & 2 of Fear the Walking Dead couldn't carry the torch in the off season.[/size]

Pity to hear Fear TWD has been iffy, but it had a lot of expectations riding on it and there was a serious danger of retreading TWD plot points.

[/size]

and because it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Agents of SHIELD has been good so far this season.
Season 2 level start. Ghost Rider has been great. Show has been on hit so far.

I am excited to see Ghost Rider, but will probably wait until the complete season hits Netflix considering all of the other shows we are juggling right now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: October 21, 2016, 01:51:01 AM »
Is anybody on here watching Atlanta?  Stogi? I know you've been watching this show... right?

‘Atlanta’ Walks a Line Between Magic Realism and Keeping It Real
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/arts/television/atlanta-has-brilliant-characters-and-some-of-the-best-acting-on-tv.html?_r=0

It's almost like a day in the life style show, where the comedy is quite subtle, life is just happening for these people, and you can just kinda relate to the characters, the situations and their reactions to them. It's kinda hard to really describe what the show is, as it just is what it wants to be when it's on. Just read the article up above, it describes it better than I can...

"The most inevitable description of “Atlanta” tags it as another one of those shows about nothing. But that actually frees it to do anything."

and the last 3 episodes does exactly that... anything but what you were expecting. LOL

edit: For those of you that have been watching!!! *context only provided for those that have seen the latest episode*
https://www.instagram.com/officialmarcusmiles/

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:59:29 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: October 24, 2016, 01:58:05 AM »
If Mr. Rodgers did a travelogue, this is what you'd get: Somewhere Street. I found this on one of my local digital channels that helpfully shows NHK, a Japanese news network. Someone walks around a town with a steadycam as calm music plays and a person offscreen makes first person observations which are not always informative, but are somehow endearing ("I see mountains in the distance. It is so beautiful here. It really was an artisan district, wasn't it?") and then interacts with some locals who tell what they're doing, what they make at their business, what they're drinking at the outdoor cafe, and so on.

I met former women baseball stars in Japan, saw an outdoor performer earning tips for doing the tango in Argentina, and chatted with a regular Aussie bloke who was working on his dune buggy. It's not the most informative show, but it's neat seeing non-touristy areas the commoners. I could see explicatives making it worthwhile.

Osaka, Japan

Cefalù, Italy

Antwerp, Belgium
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: October 24, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
The Walking Dead 0701 - 10/10
That. Was. Brutal. Nice swerves, too.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
This is awesome, Zap.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 24, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »
The Walking Dead 0701 - 10/10
That. Was. Brutal. Nice swerves, too.

I wasn't nearly as up on the finale of season 6 as others.

The idea - revealing a serious threat for main characters while exposing the new world as something bigger than individual pockets of survivors - was great, but the pacing felt poor and some of the choices Rick & co. made felt our of character. The execution (pun probably not intended?) of that final episode was just a huge disappointment, especially since they'd been working up to the confrontation for significant parts of the season.

With all of that belly-aching out of the way, I look forward to seeing what happens... next year... when Netflix puts season 7 online.  Here's hoping the writers don't pull another bullshit pretend to kill Glenn but then reveal that he crawled under a garbage bin type of moment where people feel like there should be intense change and development in where the series can head, but then it gets undone for no good reason and everything is back to status quo.

(Now bowing out of this thread to delay spoilers.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 24, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »
Has anyone seen that new Lethal Weapon series? I had my reservations at first but it's actually kinda good. Not as good as the movies but it works I think.
I only watched the first two episodes but I like it so far.

I also finally got to season 4 of Downton Abby, that show is a roller coaster I am thinking I might need to unbuckle and take some time off. The one character I want to die, won't, and the characters I like the most keep dying. I mean that sounds like the common complaint for the damn Walking Dead. I only watch Downton on Sundays because it is such a lazy Sunday afternoon show. But I have assignments due on Sundays so I am taking it real slow. Which is fine the show is real slow.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3959 on: October 24, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »
Downton abby? yuck! :P
Meh, you like what you like I suppose.
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: October 25, 2016, 01:11:55 AM »
Has anyone seen that new Lethal Weapon series? I had my reservations at first but it's actually kinda good. Not as good as the movies but it works I think.
I feels a pretty mediocre for me. It isn't crazy enough or violent enough and the chemistry between the leads are weak at best. Murtage sounds like he is whining most of the time instead of bitching about real issues like he is in fear for his life. Rigg has no edge to him, he takes some risks but he isn't taking crazy near suicidal levels of it and he doesn't really troll Murtage.

The relationship between Riggs and the psychologist is laughable and badly written. The relationship he should be comedic not serious. Riggs is suppose to be dealing with his issues with Murtage during the quiet times and even then it isn't often.

The biggest problem with the music is there doesn't seem to be any. The movies used it to mark important moments, the show feels like it has nothing.

More you watch it more it just feels like any other cop show and a cheap one at that.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: October 25, 2016, 01:28:13 AM »
I've been holding off on that Lethal Weapon show to see if they have the main actors switch parts halfway through the season.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: October 25, 2016, 01:35:42 AM »
I enjoy the show. It's not exactly the movie turned TV show, but it's entertaining none the less.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:42:34 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: October 25, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »
Black Mirror.

WTF?! So far I like episode 4 the best, but even then it ended...unconventionally. For those that have watched Black Mirror, you know that isn't exactly a good thing. Still, other than WestWorld, it's the best TV show this season.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: October 25, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »
I feels a pretty mediocre for me. It isn't crazy enough or violent enough and the chemistry between the leads are weak at best. Murtage sounds like he is whining most of the time instead of bitching about real issues like he is in fear for his life. Rigg has no edge to him, he takes some risks but he isn't taking crazy near suicidal levels of it and he doesn't really troll Murtage.

The relationship between Riggs and the psychologist is laughable and badly written. The relationship he should be comedic not serious. Riggs is suppose to be dealing with his issues with Murtage during the quiet times and even then it isn't often.

The biggest problem with the music is there doesn't seem to be any. The movies used it to mark important moments, the show feels like it has nothing.

More you watch it more it just feels like any other cop show and a cheap one at that.

I only watched the first 2 episodes so far. I agree with most of your criticisms and at first I thought man if this wasn't called Lethal Weapon I wouldn't be watching it. But I think it does a good job adapting the movie to Television, which is a different medium than movies. The music I understand, they probably don't want to get into a Wonder Years situation where the music rights makes home video releases a nightmare considering studios make all their money off home video these days. It's definitely no Psych but it I don't know I liked the first two episodes.
It did drag a little in episode 2 and Gotham is back in full force so there is a real chance I stop watching all together, it didn't exactly have me hooked or anything.

On the subject of Gotham, still keeping me hooked.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: October 26, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »
The episodes of Black Mirror I have seen have all been great. Season 3 is really good. It's like twilight zone meets futurism.

I kinda want sequel episodes....

edit: just finished season 3. Episode 6 is basically a movie.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:03:07 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: October 27, 2016, 02:36:57 AM »
I'm juggling too many shows to hop into Black Mirror S3 just yet, but I gotta drop in here and push some Ghost Rider love.

AoS ep5 scene - Spirit of Vengeance.... gets vengeance

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »
Ugh, some real bad writing happened in that episode and I fear it's going to get worse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: October 27, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »
But the action with quake and Ghost Rider has been pretty good. Even Mack with his Shotgun Axe, and Coulson getting in with some shield action.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: October 27, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »
Ugh, some real bad writing happened in that episode and I fear it's going to get worse.

How so?

It did feel like it tried to stage these events just so Robbie had his chance in the prison at the expense of everything else though...

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: October 27, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »
Also, in Arrow is Curtis braiding his hair in all of his costumed scenes and then unbraiding it again back to an afro?! That takes HOURS

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: October 27, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
I would just like to point out that Curtis' costume is just awful.  Who seriously thought that painting a black T on his face was a good idea?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: October 28, 2016, 12:39:14 AM »

How so?

It did feel like it tried to stage these events just so Robbie had his chance in the prison at the expense of everything else though...
Daisy's fight was really contrived. "Oh no we can't fight them all" *ends up fighting them all*. Also the director getting steam rolled so easily. I know he isn't Nick Fury, but come on, that was gutless as a puppet. Also what you said.

They really need to develop an Ice SMG or something like it, those pistols aren't cutting it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: October 29, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »
West World I saw the first episode and didn't grab me. There was one twist, but everything else seemed pretty obvious.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
"She is Thirsty!! She is a Vampire Bat!!"

LOL