Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1192445 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3925 on: October 05, 2016, 04:23:38 AM »
Rest easy in knowing the nudity seen so far is non-sexual.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: October 05, 2016, 05:00:51 AM »
Westworld is GORGEOUS. The music and visuals is fantastic, and despite the (appropriate, but some may consider it as excessive) nudity it's the little details that's got me interested to see more.

Remember Game of Thrones was much more heavy on nudity in the first 2-3 seasons than it has been in the more recent few. HBO seems to use sex to help draw a crowd and keep them held long enough for the story and characters to hook you.

That's true even going back as far as The Wire (the decreasing nudity over time part, at least; that show never drew a crowd until well after it ended).
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: October 05, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »

Non-sexual nudity? Then what's the point? Hard pass.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: October 05, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »

Except the one scene with the black guy with Teddy where you can some people at it in the mirror...

The acting is just perfect. They give all the Hosts that creepy feeling by having the actors kill almost all those micro-expressions. They pick the "Emotion" they want to express and put it on like a mask.

The scene right at the end where Dolores goes back online and is extremely emotional, then completely drains herself of all of them when the security guard says "no emotional affect" is just chilling. Amazing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:05:58 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: October 06, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »
I missed that little detail. Was a bit more focused on the Narrative than random background boobs. Things like rape, murder, mass murder.

Now if you really want something hot, there is girl on girl kiss. It's also creepy as.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3930 on: October 06, 2016, 09:42:55 PM »
Question:  Anyone watch the new CW DC shows?  Are the new seasons interesting?  Or at least the first episodes.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: October 07, 2016, 03:28:39 AM »
Is it really nudity if they're fucking machines?

Also, do you actually care?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: October 07, 2016, 07:36:26 PM »
Question:  Anyone watch the new CW DC shows?  Are the new seasons interesting?  Or at least the first episodes.

Arrow is the best episode of that show I've seen for a long time.  I was "this" close to not bothering, but if it keeps up how it started then I'll be up for some more.

Flash was a bit divisive.  I actually enjoyed it, and it had what I would say was the best spectacle fight scene the show has ever had.  The whole Flashpoint angle is still up in the air.   Either way, I had a very good time with it too. 

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: October 07, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »
WestWorld is fantastic. I've seen the original and that certainly felt like more of a park gone wrong. This is diving into the moral groundwork that the original only glanced over. I really hope this isn't one season show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: October 08, 2016, 01:04:44 AM »
I've tries to watch WestWorld 3 times now and I don't think I've made it past the first 5 minutes.... I have no idea what it's about, and I'm going in blind due to hype of others that know what it is, but I am determined to watch the 1st episode sometime before the 2nd one airs.

My reason for failure to watch is it's always been late at night, and after I watch other shows I'm already invested in... so it kinda became the lullaby show. totally on accident though.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: October 08, 2016, 01:16:50 AM »
The first episode starts out drab and really begins to get going around the 20-minute mark when Ed Harris is introduced. At that point, it's entertaining till the final scene.

The second episode is already out. It continues the mystery and intrigue while splicing in some action and suspense. There is one plot-line in particular, Ed Harris's, where I really need to know where it's going.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: October 09, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »
I don't understand how in Flash, Barry can tinker with the timelines as much as he has recently and those changes don't tinker over to other series (especially Legends).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3937 on: October 09, 2016, 07:50:49 PM »
Plugabugz:  This is typical comic book logic.  Events in single series comics rarely have effects on the main universe unless a crossover event is going on.  Think about it...there is no way a different writing teams in comics can come together and make sure every series references and draws story ideas from each other perfectly. 

So in the same way the stories in the ongoing TV series only reference each other when a crossover event is going on.  You should be thankful actually, because it means you can just enjoy one series at a time.

Personally, if I every managed DC or Marvel, I would either A) Scrape every individual comic series and just make a singular DC universe series which would be 2-3 comics a week that could tell a story using any characters, but then I would chart out a 1/4 of a years stories at the same time and make sure all the writers relate to each other. 

If that couldn't easily work, I would isolate the stories, but then have one DC universe comic that told big stories references all the characters working together.  Imagine if CW didn't have 4 different series of television, but had one DC universe series that aired every day, and could use ALL the characters (but didn't have to.)  That would be perfect.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:48 PM »
Star Wars had it going like that before Disney bought them. All of the book authors were collaborating together with some overseers at Lucasfilm to make sure all of the stories told a coherent narrative. It is even more aligned now that Disney took over because all of the comics, movies, shows, cartoons, and games are considered cannon.

So if they can do it with Star Wars, they can do it with Marvel. It would take a bit to realign everything, but it could be done.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: October 10, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »
The premise of Lucifer is absolutely ridiculous, yet Tom Ellis alone holds the whole show together.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: October 10, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »
Star Wars had it going like that before Disney bought them. All of the book authors were collaborating together with some overseers at Lucasfilm to make sure all of the stories told a coherent narrative. It is even more aligned now that Disney took over because all of the comics, movies, shows, cartoons, and games are considered cannon.

So if they can do it with Star Wars, they can do it with Marvel. It would take a bit to realign everything, but it could be done.

Don't you come in here and remind people George Lucas is actually a genius when they all want to keep hating him for Jar Jar and Greedo firing a shot that never had any impact on the story whatsover. You keep those nice thoughts about Lucas off the internet where they do not belong.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: October 10, 2016, 11:26:15 PM »
I know that comment was meant in jest, but actually, I understand it had little to do with Lucas and more the team of people at Lucasfilm Licensing. I'm not sure he had a whole lot to do with what was going on in the books other than occasional pointers.
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3942 on: October 10, 2016, 11:38:49 PM »
Well, if I remember the Timothy Zahn books were blessed by Lucas to be actual cannon, but beyond that I think the marketing just said if you wrote a Star Wars book it had to movie forward in time.  Moving forward is much easier in explaining inconsistencies. 

However, I disagree that Disney is being successful with how they are making every Star Wars franchise consistent.  The prequel/clone wars/and Rebels stuff although are all good just seem to be making the timeline too recent when compared to the Original Trilogy.  Granted, Lucas himself first made this mistake by presenting the Jedi as a lost religion and also pushing the clone wars which ended the Jedi rule less than a generation away from the events. 

Anyway, it makes it seem like happenings and events in the Star Wars universe are getting too crowded together.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: October 11, 2016, 12:18:50 AM »
All of the adult novels were considered cannon outside of a select few (this is pre-Disney).

I am sure the Empire outlawed even the mention of Jedi, further helping to wipe them from memory. Can't be a part of pop culture if the media is forbidden to talk about it, right? 30 years would feasibly be enough time for them to become virtually "forgotten". Since New Hope was primarily from Luke's point of view, you can see how he would have little knowledge of Jedi since his Uncle refused to even talk about them.

It is getting a little dicey with the Jedi still existing to a certain capacity in Rebels. Jedi need to all be dead except for Yoda and Obi-wan for the purge to have it's full effect.

We do need to see more from the post-Return of the Jedi world to help broaden the world of Force Awakens. I would also argue that this is more reason why we need to see the Knights of the Old Republic/Tales of the Jedi/Tales of the Sith times come back. Rumor has it they may make Knights of the Old Republic cannon soon, which would allow the world to breathe a bit more without rehashing the exact same characters from the movies.
My Game Collection

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: October 11, 2016, 11:00:02 AM »
All of the adult novels were considered cannon outside of a select few (this is pre-Disney).

I am sure the Empire outlawed even the mention of Jedi, further helping to wipe them from memory. Can't be a part of pop culture if the media is forbidden to talk about it, right? 30 years would feasibly be enough time for them to become virtually "forgotten". Since New Hope was primarily from Luke's point of view, you can see how he would have little knowledge of Jedi since his Uncle refused to even talk about them.

It is getting a little dicey with the Jedi still existing to a certain capacity in Rebels. Jedi need to all be dead except for Yoda and Obi-wan for the purge to have it's full effect.

We do need to see more from the post-Return of the Jedi world to help broaden the world of Force Awakens. I would also argue that this is more reason why we need to see the Knights of the Old Republic/Tales of the Jedi/Tales of the Sith times come back. Rumor has it they may make Knights of the Old Republic cannon soon, which would allow the world to breathe a bit more without rehashing the exact same characters from the movies.

In addition to all that about Palpatine controlling the media, let's not forget he was a super powerful witch with mind control powers to wash over people a spell of forgetfulness. Okay not literally that but you know what I mean, he had the whole senate under his Sith powers, its conceivable that he could have use his Sith powers to make people forget the Jedi.

Also Obi Wan said, "Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil, helped the Emperor hunt down and kill all the Jedi." meaning that it was well established the events happened in Obi Wan's lifetime. He was in his 60's at the time, so yeah 30 years seems about right.

To Stratos: yeah most of my comment was sarcasm but it was not in jest, I honestly do think Lucas was brilliant and that the haters are just butt hurt they realized the creator of their special magic story didn't have the same emotional attachment to it as they did. Hence why they use the phrase he raped their childhood, admitting they are butthurt by his actions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:01:59 AM by supermario2k »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: October 11, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
Supergirl.

Great.  Excellent start for a new season on a new network. Superman was great too.  Was probably a better episode than all of season one.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3946 on: October 11, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
Mr Robot: Season 2

God this just ramps up the series even more! The writing, the plot, the acting, the twists, all of it is perfect! Couldn't ask for a better TV show!
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:40 PM »
No Brandon Ruth.  :-X

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3948 on: October 11, 2016, 07:59:25 PM »
Still fantastic. :P
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 17, 2016, 05:47:53 PM »
I finished iZombie S2 and it was a fun season, though I'm worried it is about to get into super weird territory with what was revealed in the season finale.

Started Gotham S2 and I'm rather disappointed in it so far because of all the hype I heard. Will keep with it, but there are some weird choices so far.

My wife and I are going to watch Arrow S4 and Flash S2 in tandem. And the first few of Arrow are promising, but I know it will be a mixed ending from what I hear.

We finished S6 of Walking Dead, and boy does the show feel like it has re-found its footing. Plenty of thrills and the wordy monologues were much more succinct than previous seasons. Great finale and I am very pumped for S7. Seems like the major characters are actually back in danger again.
My Game Collection