Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755444 times)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1925 on: November 06, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »
I really wish Wario Land: Shake It would come to the eShop already. I've been waiting and waiting for it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1926 on: November 06, 2016, 01:57:36 AM »
I got Mario Party: Star Rush. Really enjoying it way more than 8, 9, and 10!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 06, 2016, 01:54:03 AM »
I really wish Wario Land: Shake It would come to the eShop already. I've been waiting and waiting for it.
And even then you won't get it for $9.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 06, 2016, 10:19:13 AM »
I bought the Pokemon Sun and Moon Pre-purchase, and MAN I have been going nuts waiting for that game to come out. @_____@

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1929 on: November 06, 2016, 10:36:51 AM »
I bought the Pokemon Sun and Moon Pre-purchase, and MAN I have been going nuts waiting for that game to come out. @_____@
You realize its going to be super-easy right?
Made you look ****.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 06, 2016, 12:39:37 PM »
I hate to break it to you, Khush, but all Pokemon games are easy unless you play competitive.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1931 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
Just got given the new skyrim off bethesda for free.(i brought legendary edition a couple years back). So time for a remastered stroll down nostalgia lane.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1932 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
I hate to break it to you, Khush, but all Pokemon games are easy unless you play competitive.
3rd and 4th gen (platinum) were quite hard but fun.
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 06, 2016, 09:34:10 PM »
Pokemon games are generally not very consistent with their difficulty. a lot of it depends on the pokemon you use as well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:35:48 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: November 06, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »

How would you compare it to the other 3DS Mario Party? I think the subtitle is Island Tour.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1935 on: November 06, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
Island tour! Oh god, no, not like this...
Made you look ****.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1936 on: November 10, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »

How would you compare it to the other 3DS Mario Party? I think the subtitle is Island Tour.

Star Rush has a lot more content, and it uses more skill to win than luck. There are many more modes, and the main mode, Toad Scramble, has enough boards in varied locations to be worthwhile. I really enjoy the mode, as well as the others that you unlock through gaining experience points. I hope to share a review on NWR soon!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 10, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »
Interesting. Mario Party 8 was alright but I admit that the last Mario Party I really liked was Mario Party 7 so Star Rush is sounding really good. The only problem I still fear is the lacking multiplayer aspect of it. Single player Mario Party can be a bit of a monotonous affair.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1938 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
There is a good deal of single-player content to be found. Beating each world's of three boards in Toad Scramble, earning enough experience to unlock new modes and characters, beating Coinathalon completely, completing Balloon Bash's three boards, completing all songs in the rhythm game mode (can't remember what it's called at the moment), among other tasks gives Star Rush some longevity.

Finding someone with another 3DS to play via Download Play or with the Star Rush downloadable party app deal (the latter is like having the game for the person who downloads it, but they still need to play with someone with the actual game card) means all of the modes are available in local multiplayer, so only one player needs a game card for everyone to play.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 11, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »
Arrived from England (DS and Wii game are here just for show):

I kinda wanted to get Rhythm Heaven 3DS digitally but it's more expensive and i ran out of space on my SD card. The latter was a more deciding factor. Space is even more important because i have bought Link Between Worlds digitally a few months ago, but to install it i will have to do some serious fridge cleaning.

Same reasoning with Puzzle and Dragons 3DS really. The game even had discount on My Nintendo but it was so measly it was still cheaper to get it from another country from across the world with shipping included.

Last Halloween i also finally gave in and bought Binding of Isaac: Rebirth + Afterbirth on Steam and it has taken over most of my gaming time in the last weeks (73 hours in and i've barely started honestly with just 108 achievements unlocked out of 276). Also bought Castlevania 1, 3 and Mole Mania on Nintendo's sale.

More recently also bought some cheapo humble bundles: Shadow Complex (i had it earlier on Epic Launcher when they were given it for free but it's more convenient to have it in Steam) and Dirt 3 (for free).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:19:27 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: November 12, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »
I just bought Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It's not getting great reviews, but everybody seems to really like the campaign, which is the main reason I bought it. This is the first Call of Duty game I've bought since Black Ops II at the Wii U launch. I've always liked them well enough but never felt compelled to buy any of them recently until they adopted the sci-fi theme, which I'm a sucker for. The zero-g combat stuff looks really cool. I decided to kick in the extra 20 bucks to get the remastered version of Modern Warfare along with it as well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 13, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »
PlayStation VR. It's absolutely incredible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 15, 2016, 01:17:56 AM »
While not exactly a video game it'self, I just knocked off one of the more expensive pieces of my new PC~! with help of black friday sales and a favor a friend owes me, I'm getting myself a GeForce GTX 1070! while I don't nessesarily have a 4K TV to pair this sort of PC horsepower with, I do however have aspirations to invest in VR. with my playstation 4 having broke down shortly after my PC did, I am soley focused on getting a VR headset that will offer me a great experience, and I feel that great experience is with HTC Vive's Room Scale VR.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 24, 2016, 10:44:51 PM »
I finally fixed my Xbox credit card situation (i couldn't put in any money because of some policy change on my US account and couldn't even relocate my account into my actual country of residence because it wasn't in the list -- now it is) and bought

Castlevania: Symhony of the Night on 360 for ~3$. They have some ugly scanline filter enabled by default. Whatever, with Castlevania 1 and 3 bought on 3DS i think i'm primed to start the series.

Also got some more games from humble bundle and autumn steam sale:
TIS-100 -- yet another programming game for a programmer. Now i can do the same thing i do on work some more and NOT get paid, yay!
140 -- some kinda interesting platforming game? It's on Wii U too
Spelunky -- i kinda liked freeware version. People who say it's the best game ever are crazy (especially if compared to either Binding of Isaac), but it's a worth it for 3$.
Lethal League -- played and liked free flash version a while back, might be a cool game to play with a friend

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 28, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »
Ordered three new Wii Motion+ remotes because a few of the ones we've got now are showing moderate wear due to heavy use from the kids.  The special "themed" remotes were on sale at Amazon.ca, so I grabbed the Mario, Luigi, and Peach versions for about $27 CAD each.

Sold a couple of old GBA games and PSP movies to cover the cost. Surprised at the demand for Doom on GBA - I know it's not a super common game, but got a lot of responses after posting it online.
NNID: ejamer

Offline francisbaud

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 04, 2016, 12:33:48 AM »
If I remember correctly the last game I've purchased was on Steam and it's called TI-8000 or something like that. It's a programming game and I've not really understood what to do so I've "played" (if we can call this playing, more like trying to find which button to press) for about 30 minutes. Yea...

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 04, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »
If I remember correctly the last game I've purchased was on Steam and it's called TI-8000 or something like that. It's a programming game and I've not really understood what to do so I've "played" (if we can call this playing, more like trying to find which button to press) for about 30 minutes. Yea...

Does it basically try to emulate one of those TI-graphic calculators? I know people write simple games in those, they could be pretty versatile. Think a friend of mine found a code for it to run a simple version of poker or maybe blackjack? Tbh I mostly remember trying to draw immature shapes by plotting intersecting linegraphs.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 06, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »
The TI calculators have great, albeit aged, processors. The 83/84 calcs had the very same processors as the original Gameboy and could actually be programmed to run Mario and Legend of Zelda games. The refresh rate was a bit slow and in monochrome, but the technical abilities were there.

TI  calculators use the programming language BASIC, which is a very simple and great way for a young person to learn about the fundamentals of programming. Granted, there are better ways to learn now (Code Academy and other free online classes) but it is still useful. Plus it gives you a portable, tangible runtime environment to show off to others to see what you can do. For me, showing off my games felt like I was programming for the Gameboy (at least I like to think that).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 06, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1949 on: December 06, 2016, 10:04:07 PM »
Bought games from the B2G1 sale at Best Buy going on this week for PS4 and Xbox One games. Got Final Fantasy XV, World of Final Fantasy, and The Last Guardian. All games for Christmas. So surreal how two of those games had about a decade of development time and were released within a week of one another!