Author Topic: Fire Emblem Fates  (Read 69823 times)

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Fates
« on: April 29, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »

The 14th installment in the Fire Emblem series is coming to Japan on June 25th, 2015. Early 2016 for the rest of the world.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html (Japanese Website)

2015.01.14 Japanese Trailer

2015.04.02 Japanese Trailer

"What if you could rid the world of war?

What if hatred could be conquered?

What if...."

As a child born to the Hoshido royal family and raised by the Nohr royalty, the player's character stands between two kingdoms at the crossroads of war and peace. The child's choice will shape the fate of the two kingdoms.

Fire Emblem if in Japan comes out in two retail versions, one for Hoshido (White Kingdom) and one for Nohr (Black Kingdom). Each retail copy costs 4,700 yen and contains only the respective version's story. The other version's story can be purchased as DLC for 2,000 yen. The eShop version of the game will lock to one story on the 6th chapter. A third story path is planned for a later DLC release at 2,000 yen. A special edition of Fire Emblem if with all three stories and collectible goodies is planned for a later release at 9,250 yen.

-----
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/fire-emblem-ifs-black-kingdom-will-complicated-victory-requirements/

The White Kingdom version is intended for Fire Emblem fans who joined the series with Fire Emblem: Awakening or are playing Fire Emblem for the first time.

The Black Kingdom version is intended to be a much more difficult game:
Black Kingdom will have a much higher difficulty with limited money and experience points for leveling up your characters. Additionally, it will have more difficult conditions for clearing its stages. Defeating the enemy general or defeating all enemies are still the basic requirements, but it will also have other conditions such as suppress enemies, break through enemy lines, and defend your base. There will also be maps with limited turns.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/fire-emblem-ifs-third-story-route-will-difficult-white-less-black/

The third story route will have a difficulty that is in between the paths of Hoshido and Nohr.

Intelligent Systems intends either story of Hoshido or Nohr to be a complete experience on its own:
“As mentioned earlier, Fire Emblem If isn’t something that you can’t fully enjoy without playing both routes,” adds Yamagami. “But please give it a go if you play one route and think ‘I want to play more!’. Both routes are very complete as far as the story goes.”
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:52:33 AM by Enner »

Offline Enner

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem if
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:00:43 PM »
“Yes, it has been rather hectic,” Yamagami replies with a laugh. “It’s because after Awakening released, we had a period of free time, so we decided on making a something with the volume of three games.”
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/fire-emblem-ifs-black-kingdom-will-complicated-victory-requirements/#TqKmypVIR1rgwzgz.99

Why did Nintendo and Intelligent Systems separate Fire Emblem if in to two versions?

Next, 4Gamer says that when they first heard about the announcement, it seemed like the idea of being able to split the game into two packages came to be due to how easy it has become to add content through DLC.

“Yes, that’s exactly it,” responds Yamagami. “If we were to put the content of both sides into one, we’d have no choice but to set the price as [the value of] two games, and that wouldn’t be fair to players that are just going to play one route.”

4Gamer responds by saying that there are likely a lot of people out there who would be satisfied with just playing one route; however, they were expecting it to be more of an “another route” kind of deal, and didn’t expect each route would have as much content as a single standalone game.

“It is Fire Emblem, after all,” says Yamagami with a laugh. “Each route is properly made, with its own scenes and movies as well.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/29/fire-emblem-developer-explains-game-split-two-versions/#v1ymaiFCEd17Lddb.99

Nintendo and Intelligent Systems believe they doing their audience a solid with Fire Emblem if's content pricing plan.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:52:28 AM »
Fire Emblem IF you want a Japanese strategy RPG.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:37:24 PM »
Or Fire Emblem IF you want to play as a newb with no permadeath on.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
Fire Emblem IF you want to act all scrubby about how you play with permadeath only to reset whenever someone dies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 10:00:01 PM »
Fire Emblem if you are depressed sitting in the dark /Yamauchi

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »
Fire Emblem if you only think about Florina every waking moment.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 09:05:38 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fire-emblem-if-ditches-weapon-durability-adds-new-/1100-6427289/

From a Famitsu preview and translated by Siliconera, Fire Emblem if will do away with weapon durability and add an easier difficulty mode beyond Fire Emblem: Awakening's Casual mode.

With the removal of weapon durability, the developer plans to bring the challenge to what weapons and items individual units bring to battle.

The Phoenix mode difficulty has defeated allies reviving after each turn.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 02:25:57 PM »
The weapon durability change could be interesting. Would stop out mentality of hoarding really good weapons and never using them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:47 PM »
Really stupid decision I think. You want to ditch it in Hoshido? Go ahead. If Nohr is supposed to be mimicking the older FE games, then they should keep it as it has been. And I would prefer the ability to easily repair weapons over ditching the system entirely.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/

Fire Emblem if will have a new weapon triangle. The new triangle is Sword and Magic > Axe and Bow > Lance and Hidden Weapon. Hidden weapons seem to be assassin and ninja weapons.

Also, different weapons within a category will have different attributes when equipped. For example, a Bronze Sword will disable critical hits while granting high evasion from enemy critical hits. A Brave Sword will hit twice but lower defense and magic defense.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:08:07 PM »
Makes sense. I was thinking the way to go if they were getting rid of weapon durability was to include more variations within the types, so that they weren't necessarily strictly better than the predecessor.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 05:19:51 PM »
It is important to also note that staves and consumables will apparently still be limited, so there won't be any infinite warping shenanigans.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
Just make the Hammerne stave infinite and satisfy both at once. Over use a weapon in a single match and it goes bust, but allow them to regenerate used between fights and call it "weapon maintenance".

Would easily allow for folks who don't want it to say no, and provide a handy system for veterans.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 07:32:33 PM »
Or just have a blacksmith repair weapons for a price like how he can forge them for stat increases.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 09:06:13 AM »
Thread title should be: "Fire Emblem: If we change one more mainstay of the series it might as well be a new franchise"

Edit: I was making a joke, of course, but I feel the statement is valid. This doesn't look like a Fire Emblem game, it doesn't smell like one, and it certainly isn't on fire like a Fire Emblem game.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:24:06 PM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
? Very strange.  My mages are going be stronger than bowmen and bowmen are going be able to take out paladin/generals if they are equip with lancers.

It's going be interesting to see what other changes this will effect but some classes like Paladin's are multiple weapon users so it seems like they are going be at extreme advantages against someone like a mage who can only use one weapon class?   

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Am I the only one who fpund the weapon breaking to be archaic and stupid?

Nowhere near as bad as permadeath but still.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Am I the only one who fpund the weapon breaking to be archaic and stupid?

Nowhere near as bad as permadeath but still.
Made the game feel more like a strategic skirmish.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Yeah but it gets annoying when you are referring to Special Weapons in the game like Regnall (I think I got the spelling right)

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
I think it's hilarious that the more "Japanese" Awakening prompted the inclusion of an entire "Japanese" faction in the next installment, which will probably go over so well but people will just complain the Japanese faction wasn't hard enough, which will just make Intelligent Systems say "screw it, let's just go full-ham on this ****", thereby killing the western theme of Fire Emblem completely.

Though by then, it will just be a new IP.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
Intelligent Systems could team up with Koei Tecmo at that point.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
I still remember the cries of injustice when Hyrule Warriors was announced. "But you have a medieval war-based franchise!" they said. "Fire Emblem may not be as popular as Zelda but it still would have been awesome!" They said.

Still, Hyrule Warriors was fun as hell. Though the DLC practices were obscene, not unlike the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
I say this as one who bought the complete $20 "season pass" for Hyrule Warriors: The Hyrule Warriors DLC is pretty fun! All the new characters and weapons are neat and the new challenge maps are fun. Though, I have bought Battlefield 3: Premium for $50 in the past and dropped off the game before all the DLC was released. So maybe I'm a sucker.

Perhaps I'm being more optimistic than I usually am, but I have hope that the DLC situation for Fire Emblem if will prove fair.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
https://youtu.be/6oO7b-oWl2g
My Castle Overview trailer

Maids! Butlers! Treehouses! Material gathering points! Shops! Public hot baths!
If you were hoping that Intelligent Systems would tone down the dating sim aspects of Fire Emblem, then prepare to be disappointed as you can invite characters to your treehouse and Pokemon Amie them to raise affinity... and love ~<3