Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 930372 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
*sigh*

It's always disappointing when I make a post I think is pretty humorous only to find it deleted later when I check back in on the thread.

Talkback, dude.  There's a limt to what's allowed - meme gifs are a little much, man.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I can neither confirm nor deny.  The only response I have to that claim is that amiibo come 24 to a carton.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The people who make these spambots really suck at their jobs because apparently they can't figure out if you want people to actually see your spam you probably shouldn't put it in the Gameplay Strategy section.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Since Insanolord once used this thread to gloat about a meaningless Flyers victory a month ago so as not bump an old NHL thread, guess I'll do the same except for the part about crowing on a Flyers victory.

Instead, it's just to mention how glad I am to see the Anaheim Ducks tearing through the post-season so far. Was really hoping they could have swept the Flames for 2 back to back sweeps but alas, a game 3 overtime loss means they have to settle for a 8-1 record right now. Now comes probably the biggest challenge in the postseason. The Chicago Blackhawks. I have confidence the Ducks could win a series against them but I know they'll be facing their deepest competition yet. I do think whoever wins this contest will win the Cup. While the remaining teams in the East obviously have some good talent, none of them strike me as being as deep and complete as Ducks and Blackhawks. I've said before that I thought things looked good for the Ducks to win another Cup this year and they are halfway there now. Go Ducks Go!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

J.P. Corbran

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Brilliant. Especially with the implications that the Ducks will win if the movie is accurate about the Ducks hockey skill. (And I see no evidence to the contrary so far.)

After the stinging loss, the Hawks coach moved to Metropolis where he became the editor in chief of a little newspaper called The Daily Planet. And now you know the rest of the story.

Insanolord is further cementing his grip on the title of Best NWR Moderator. Whodda thunk it?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Insanolord is further cementing his grip on the title of Best NWR Moderator. Whodda thunk it?

I mean, when you factor in the level of competition, it's not really that impressive.

J.P. Corbran

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Yess go Ducks. Almost there.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I haven't been here in a while. I see Lucario is banned. Did that happen before or after I disappeared?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Couple of weeks after.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
He's like Frosty the Snowman: he'll be back again someday.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
To all those people about to look up Time Twist: Rekishi no Katasumi de... I'm just going to say: you're welcome.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
For those wondering why editing hasn't been brought back to Talkback/Podcast Discussion, I'd like to offer Exhibit A.

All I wanted to do was disable a smiley.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
What does that have to do with us being able to edit our own posts?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Is it sad I tried to scroll through it was was puzzled for a minute before realizing it was an image?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
What does that have to do with us being able to edit our own posts?

If trying something that small makes the forum page crap itself like that...
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Sounds like a personal problem. :smug:
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
At least this way we can make fun of Broodwars's math skills:
So just to follow up on Nintendo's latest round of failure, I've been keeping an eye on my 1 nearest GameStops, my local Best Buy, and my local Walmart over the last few days. Of these 4 establishments....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
It's clearly just a typo. If anything, it's another excuse to pile on Khushrenada for ruining TalkBack for everyone (except us mods, who are above the law).

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
It's clearly just a typo. If anything, it's another excuse to pile on Khushrenada for ruining TalkBack for everyone (except us mods, who are above the law, and the staff, who can't figure out how to make a simple edit to a post without causing the complete annihilation of the entire thread.).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
The best thing about that is there's like two people out of about 30 on staff who spend any time at all on the forums and the person who completely fucked that up was one of them.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
As long as I never have to make a parenthetical note that ends with a date on the 8th of the month, it'll never happen again.
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
It's clearly just a typo. If anything, it's another excuse to pile on Khushrenada for ruining TalkBack for everyone (except us mods, who are above the law).

I also immediately posted afterwards with the correction because I noticed the typo.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

I also immediately posted afterwards with the correction because I noticed the typo.
Yeah, but the point of this thread is to take stuff out of context and make fun of those responsible. We aren't about accuracy.