Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1212986 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3275 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46:21 PM »
Was down at EPCOT today and attended a brief 10 or so minute preview screening of Brad Bird's Tomorrowland, and that movie looks amazing. It's a Disney-fied BioShock, where Walt Disney is Andrew Ryan and the 1964 World's Fair is his Lighthouse, spiriting all the best and brightest to his own private utopia in the sky. Haven't seen a Brad Bird movie yet that I didn't like, so this movie's definitely in my sights. Honestly, I'm more psyched for this than anything else Disney's putting out this year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 24, 2015, 11:08:08 PM »
I don't know anything about Suicide Squad so I can't really judge that Joker look, but it's different at least.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 24, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »
I don't know anything about Suicide Squad so I can't really judge that Joker look, but it's different at least.

Government takes super Villains and offers them reduced sentences for doing missions that they will most likely be killed on. To keep them from running they're implanted with bombs that can be detonated remotely. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3278 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:29 AM »
That Joker looks too over designed.  It is the same problem with the Ninja Turtles, they tried too hard to make them edgy and hip.  Well that joker doesn't look scary or crazy...he just looks like a creepy punk.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 25, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »
I'm hoping it is more of a promo piece and that the actual character is more balanced in the film.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 25, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
I get the impression that this Suicide Squad movie's plot is going to be very similar to the Batman: Assault on Arkham animated movie.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: May 01, 2015, 05:58:26 AM »
the main thing the movie has going on for it, is that it is directed by david ayer. If I were to do gangsta joker I would have picked Michael PeƱa.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: May 02, 2015, 02:11:51 AM »

[Star Wars Spin-off] + [Fantastic Four]Josh Trank is off the Star Wars movie.

word is that there were some troubles with Fantastic Four (neither Fox nor the Producers, who is also doing Star Wars, was happy with his performance). No word on what that means for F4, but it's probably as bad as we all thought it would be.

I'll add links later if I run across them again.
think it was on variety and deadline or something.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/josh-trank-no-longer-directing-star-wars-spinoff-1201485909/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-standalone-film-loses-792892?utm_source=twitter
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:27:36 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: May 09, 2015, 05:36:50 AM »
[Suicide Squad]

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: May 10, 2015, 12:57:24 AM »
Harley is as tatted up as the joker. Katana looks good. Captain Boomerang needs a scarf. Killer Croc I'm torn.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: May 12, 2015, 09:18:37 AM »
Fantastic Four looks like a such a weird movie, it seems that its more serious for the sake of it and because the last two X-men films were all pretty dark. It also seems based on the trailers the production team loved Interstellar and decided to make a serious FF film instead of embracing the kooky cheese. Feels like this movie would make more sense being in the X-men Universe than being stand alone and then trying to tie them together down the world.

I wonder what this means for the Star Wars spin off, shooting is still two years out and all reports was that this was going to be a Bobba Fett based film (Bleh), so I wonder with bringing in a new Director will Lucasfilm scrap the Bobba Fett and start from Square one or are they so early in development that it wouldn't matter.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: May 13, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »
Supergirl first look trailer is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=296&v=Lm46-envrHo

Looking pretty good too.  Not part of the Arrowverse apparently, at least not yet.  Hopefully they will merge though.  Looks like it's taking a leaf from the Flash's book by her telling everyone she knows who she is.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: May 13, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »
It's like Gossip Girl the Superhero show.... I'll check it out. might be pretty good.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: May 13, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
Looks cool, probably my most anticapted series of the new comic books shows coming up this fall.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: May 13, 2015, 11:51:47 PM »
The best thing I can say about the Supergirl trailer is that it was better than the Jem and the Holograms trailer. Supergirl looks like it could be okay, but it's like the Saturday Night Live Black Widow parody... except meant to be serious. My issue with Supergirl is that it's as if the producers decided, "Oh, we have a female lead. Let's target a female audience. They like Devil Wears Prada and Gossip Girl, right? We'll make that but with super powers!" Well, no. Start with making a good product. Focus on what makes Supergirl a good character. That trailer is like a romantic comedy checklist with some superhero stuff thrown in. I'm a big Supergirl fan (obviously), and the sheer amount of cliches in that trailer is insulting. It's the lowest common denominator for a female superhero story.

On a more positive note, her costume looks a lot better in sunlight. I still would have preferred a unitard because the skirt just seems impractical for crime fighting.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: May 14, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »
The best thing I can say about the Supergirl trailer is that it was better than the Jem and the Holograms trailer. Supergirl looks like it could be okay, but it's like the Saturday Night Live Black Widow parody... except meant to be serious. My issue with Supergirl is that it's as if the producers decided, "Oh, we have a female lead. Let's target a female audience. They like Devil Wears Prada and Gossip Girl, right? We'll make that but with super powers!" Well, no. Start with making a good product. Focus on what makes Supergirl a good character. That trailer is like a romantic comedy checklist with some superhero stuff thrown in. I'm a big Supergirl fan (obviously), and the sheer amount of cliches in that trailer is insulting. It's the lowest common denominator for a female superhero story.

On a more positive note, her costume looks a lot better in sunlight. I still would have preferred a unitard because the skirt just seems impractical for crime fighting.
This, expect for the skirt bit, we already have too many people in unitards and I am having trouble telling them apart.

Christ, that music for the trailer has me running for the hills.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: May 14, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »
Showed the trailer to my wife and she is all interested now. It is everything she loves on TV rolled into one show. Only thing to make it more relate-able to her would be to make the actress a Latina.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: May 14, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »
And now for another DC trailer: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

Legends of Tomorrow.  Looking very cool.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3293 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
I think this could work.  Obviously the effects are going to be cheesy...some of the visual effects looked as bad as first and second season Doctor Who...but if the stories and characters are good then I am game. 

I kinda want to know how involved the Flash and Arrow would be in the series...I am guessing not much, which is kinda silly, because IF you have a crisis as big as you are describing...AND a time machine to fix it...there is no excuse to sit the battle out.  However, that is often comic book stories.

That said, I have grown to appreciate cheesy visual effects if the drama and story are good...so bring this one, it looks like fun...and PLEASE have Arrow and Flash in the series more than just 3-4 guest starring episodes (I know it won't happen, but still.)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: May 14, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »
I'm down. looks fun.

Ant-man did it first though. ;)
and way to spoil the cliff-hanger ending of Arrow.... for those that weren't aware of the spin-off already.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
Big fan of the supergirl trailer myself it takes a bit from the Sterling Gates run and with a bit of Ugly Betty which is probably the best way to remake the superman dynamic. I know there have been comparisons to the Black Widow trailer but frankly that's dumb. The SNL skit really didn't fit the character of Black Widow which was apart of the Joke, however making more of a romantic comedy works for other younger characters like Supergirl, Ms.Marvel, and Spider-man to be frank.

I get why someone wouldn't like it but once they announced that Jimmy and Kat Grant were going to be apart of the cast you sort of already knew what they were going for which was Supergirl being a Clark Kent stand in. (which makes the fact that Clark exists in the show even more dumb.) To Ad's rock's compliant he says make a good show first but their isn't any thing inherently bad about the trailer which actually looks like a lot of fun and it seems to have garnered praise from alot of female comic fans it seems. Also the problem with saying using what makes supergirl as a character great is there's like 8-9 iterations of the character going on about twenty if you decided to include powergirl.  They seem to be cribbing alot from different versions of the characters

-Her Job, cool Jimmy, and her tension with Cat Grant comes from the Supergirl series that happened right after the Superman/Batman series and is the same series that the desgin from adrock's avatar came from.

-Her having an adopted family similar to clark is taken from the Linda Danvers incarnation. 

My major problems with the trailer is the superman references wore thin six minutes in which Baffles me even more why not have it be stand alone and work inside the Arrowverse. Also yeah the Music at the end was really bad and the whole girl thing felt a bit like a jab at the audience and on the nose girl power. Beyond that The actress seems to be chasmatic and looks like she will be able to do a good job of playing Dual roles.

Also if you compare this trailer to the one that aired for Flash last year they're pretty much the same beat by beat. Even down to all her close friends expect Cat knowing for Secret Identity and her having a Team Supergirl already in place. Even to the point that Hank Henshaw will probably be the Wells/Merlyn of the series.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »
I'm starting to feel that this topic should be renamed "New Comic Book/Star Wars Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!" It's pretty much the only thing people talk about here.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: May 15, 2015, 12:00:22 AM »
I think I'm about to spin off an Arrowverse thread now that there be at least 3 shows involved, 4 If Supergirl crosses over.

Maybe even a DCCU thread too, once that movieverse kicks off next year.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 12:10:30 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3298 on: May 15, 2015, 12:23:17 AM »
Just put DC movies and television together...it will be easier.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: May 15, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »
Just put DC movies and television together...it will be easier.

That's a totally stupid idea.  Why would anyone do that? :p
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.