Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Wii / 3DS / Definitive Edition  (Read 215732 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles.Confirmed for North America April 6th 2012
« Reply #500 on: April 24, 2012, 08:01:52 AM »
You do realize that you can reread any tutorial at any time right?

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Yeah, this might be a wait for WiiU situation. (Don't think anyone I know who has a Wii laying around at this point.)

Lithium: I feel you on the overwhelming factor. I also don't find the tutorials all that useful. It took a couple of hours of determined trial and error for things to click all the way, as I kept getting my ass kicked by mild groups of same-level enemies. I still don't understand how the gem crafting system works, nor do I understand the skill tree linking thing between characters. I'm hoping I can ignore about 10-20% of the game's complexity and still blunder through (at some point in the future).

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
Ok someone help me out. I'm finally running out of space for little items. How do I know what to keep, and what to sell?

Some items have a red "!" mark on them others have a white "!" on them. Some items have this white X on them and some don't. I can imagine the "!" mark is for story purposes but what about everything else?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2012, 01:44:33 PM »
Thought I'd chime in with my experience:

Was initially overwhelmed by all of the different systems introduced (arts, Monado arts, gems, inventory, quests, collectibles, premonition battle events, team attacks, status effects, affinity, skill trees, etc.) having not having played a JRPG since the SNES, but after getting ruined by the tentacle boss on Bionis' Leg I spent three and a half hours going back, doing side quests, leveling up, and generally figuring out how the game actually worked (you can level up your specials! you're supposed to use your arts in battle non-stop, not just wait for one or two to refill!), and got completely hooked. I returned to the Mechanis tentacle boss and proceeded to wipe the floor with him, and anticipated forty more hours of a JRPG good time unmatched since the Final Fantasy 6/Chrono Trigger days. Then, right as the boss was on its last tentacles, the game froze and my Wii went to the black screen disc read error.

It now won't read any discs at all. I have a first gen Wii, which has been getting louder and louder over time, but it finally kicked the optical bucket. This is particularly troublesome, as I had no plans on playing any other retail games after Xenoblade. This was to be the swan song, and I now I'm in the position of paying to get it repaired to finish the game or just letting it die. $50 on Xenoblade lost (- resale potential - experience of playing game) or and addition $70+ to resurrect my senescent Wii long enough to finish it?

That is horrible, sorry to hear that :( .

In regards to Lithium being a bit overwhelmed, I have to agree, it has been challenging to play an RPG after several years. At least it resembles a MMO in battles, and I have played those more recently, but still it can be confusing since I'm completely out of practice with traditional RPGs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:57:03 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #504 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »
MagicCow/Lithium, I'm at around level 36 and doing fine I think, and I haven't touched the skill trees at all, if that makes you feel any better.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #505 on: April 24, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Magic Cow that sounds like the problem that I had. Not this more recent time but the time before. It is basically a disk drive issue so you shouldn't lose any data. I got mine back in 3 days. It would be better to send it in now and and get it repaired and get a year warrenty. Plus since yours is a backwards compatablity system it is better to keep it.

I haven't done much with this game lately it is just because I have been trying to play another game as well. Probably play some this afternoon and later tonight.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2012, 04:47:22 PM »
Some items have a red "!" mark on them others have a white "!" on them. Some items have this white X on them and some don't. I can imagine the "!" mark is for story purposes but what about everything else?

The exclamation marks denotes that material or collectible will be used for a quest. Red for a quest you have undertaken and white for a quest you have yet to take. If you are at the point where you have the maximum amount of materials (happened to me after 40-50 hours) or collectibles (that hasn't happened to me yet), then it is probably safe to sort by price and sell a page or so of the lowest valued items.

If you're thinking of selling collectibles, consider using them as gifts between party members to raise affinity. It takes a lot of gifting to raise affinity through collectibles gifting.

Lithium: I feel you on the overwhelming factor. I also don't find the tutorials all that useful. It took a couple of hours of determined trial and error for things to click all the way, as I kept getting my ass kicked by mild groups of same-level enemies. I still don't understand how the gem crafting system works, nor do I understand the skill tree linking thing between characters. I'm hoping I can ignore about 10-20% of the game's complexity and still blunder through (at some point in the future).

I am very familiar with the MMORPG/World of Warcraft combat system that Xenoblade Chronicles is highly reminiscent of. The tutorials made a lot of sense to me when I read them, and I'm sad that I can't imagine how they aren't making sense to you.

Gem crafting isn't immediately obvious, but pretty fun once you get the hang of it. In order to start the process, you need at least two crystals, cylinders, or a combination of them. You don't need to get the qualities to 100% so you can start crafting to generate stronger cylinders. If you do reach or exceed 100% in any quality, then you must start the crafting process.

When you start the crafting process, you will choose one party member to be a shooter and another to be the engineer. The shooter has a character-specific affect to the crafting such as Shulk having a higher chance to go in to a crafting fever or Reyn generating higher percentage gains when the engineer produces a strong flame. The engineer produces one of three flames (strong, medium, and gentle) during a turn. The descriptors of "Strong Flame: average" and "medium flame: good" refer to the odds of that particular flame being used for a crafting turn. For example, Reyn as an engineer is great in strong flames and poor in medium and gentle flames. That means he is more likely to produce a strong flame for a crafting turn than a medium or gentle flame.

Once you select a shooter and engineer, the crafting process essentially turns in to a gambling machine as you watch the gem qualities or green cylinder rise. How many crafting turns you get depend on the affinity level (yellow, green, blue, purple, magenta) between the shooter and the engineer. At the maximum affinity level, a pair can have 10-15 crafting turns.

What happens during the crafting turn:
The shooter will shoot... something in to the furnace and the engineer will produce a flame.
A strong flame will greatly raise the percentage of one gem quality. This is very useful in pushing a quality over 100% (where it will produce a gem), 200% HEAT, (where it will produce a gem one rank higher than the materials your are using), and 300% MEGA HEAT (where it will produce two gems that are one rank higher). The strategy to take advantage of the strong flame is to select materials in an order that will get gem qualities as close to 200% as possible, to have as few gem qualities being crafted as possible, and to have a crafting pair that will raise the percentages the highest (this pair is Reyn's Strong Bonus and Dunban's Strong Flame: Good).

A medium flame will raise the percentages of all gem qualities. The percentage gains aren't as high as with a strong flame, but you do have the medium flame raising the percentage of all qualities in the mix.

A gentle flame raises the green cylinder gauge located to the right of the gem quality readout. At the start of the crafting process, the cylinder gauge result with be at one. The number represents the number of cylinders you can create out of gem qualities that failed to reach 100% or higher at the end of the crafting process. If a gentle flame is produced by the engineer, the cylinder gauge will rise and eventually increase the result. Normally, you wouldn't worry about this number since you should only be crafting two or three qualities at a time, but it is a number to look out for if you plan on creating a lot of big cylinders in one go.

During crafting, the pair may go in to a fever state where one turn becomes many shots. It happens at random, but you can increase the chance by having Shulk be the shooter or raising one of Shulk's skill tree to an "All" skill that increase the fever chance. If you have increase the affinity of the entire party to each other, they may randomly support the crafting pair with an extra turn.

There's a lot more to the crafting than this. Play around and go for those HEATs! One strategy you can employ is to create high quality cylinders with Melia and Sharla or Sharla and Riki. Then you can use Reyn and Dunban to craft those cylinders to hit HEATs or MEGA HEATs.

Skill linking is comparatively simple. Skill links allow party members to share skills. The number and types of skills allowed is determined by the affinity level between two party members. Higher affinity levels increase the number and type of slots available in a skill link. For example, Reyn has the Heavy Armor skill with a sun-shaped slot early in one of his skill trees. When Reyn has acquired that skill, he can link that skill to another party member who has reached the affinity level with Reyn to have an open sun slot. Shulk opens a sun slot early in his skill link tree with Reyn. Now you can use thirty affinity coins to have Shulk be able to wear heavy armor, something he can't do in his own skill trees.

Ah, affinity coins. You earn those for your party by leveling up and defeating unique monsters. You use affinity coins to set skill links. Those coins are fully refunded when you remove a skill link so don't be afraid to mix and match skill links. For each party member, there is a separate skill link tree per every other party member. It is best to think of skill linking as having an additional 2 or more skill trees to a character's regular three.

Get more party members, raise everyone's skills, raise everyone's affinity between each other, and then you will have a huge pool of skills choose from.

*Side note about a character's regular skill trees.*
All acquired skills are always active for a character. Acquiring Reyn's Heavy Armor skill in one tree and then switching to a different active tree won't deactivate Heavy Armor. What is getting activated and deactivated? Each of the three skill trees has a passive bonus such as +10 to Strength or +3% to Critical Rate. That passive bonus is what is being activated and deactivated for a character. You will notice later in the game that your maxed strength skill tree gives +50 to strength while the agility skill tree you're thinking of switching to only has a +10 to agility. Do not despair! Getting more skills is more important. Also, the passive bonus of a skill tree increases as you acquire more skills in the active tree. Worry about which passive bonus to have active after you have acquired all of a character's skills.

EDIT: I think may have wrote too much. Ah....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:05:47 PM by Enner »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »
Well I think what they meant when they said revolutionizing the genre is that its revolutionized the jrpg genre, not the rpgs as a whole.  A lot of the features in this game have been done before but more so in western rpgs.  Japanese rpgs haven't really changed much since the 90s.
I think this is where my main issue is with calling XenoBlade revolutionary. It starts with how all RPGs from Japan are lumped together into one category of "JRPG" despite how different they can be from one another. Rune Factory couldn't be more different than Dragon Quest yet both games are considered in the same genre? That isn't right. I have a similar problem with the "WRPG" term.

Secondly, including features from different genres can make for a revolutionary game, but putting elements from MMOs and open-world games into an RPG from Japan isn't revolutionizing RPGs from Japan. RPGs these days are also very different and offer unique experience, like Radiant Historia for example, but people seem to ignore them and instead use Dragon Quest and the Tales series as a representative for entire genres.

The various genres of RPGs that Japan creates are their own thing, and adding in elements from other genres isn't revolutionizing them. It's just that most people in North America have never liked these RPGs to begin with, and want them to be something they are not - and never should be.

I think trying to point to individual details as being revolutionary is usually a mistake. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
How can you determine if a game is revolutionary if you can't pinpoint what elements of the game influences other games? Take Zelda: Ocarina of Time for example, the whole lock-on system was revolutionary and started appearing in more adventure games.

I forgot about the future mechanic, which although it hasn't been used much yet in the game is an interesting dynamic. But, though an innovative idea, it's more like one that may appear in future Monolith Soft games but I doubt we'll see it become a standard for any type of RPG.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:08:17 PM by Mop it up »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 24, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
I think a better term for Xenoblade is that it has helped evolved, not revolutionized, the genre beyond the standard formula. Whether others grasp onto it or not, well that is another story.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 24, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
An action-based system is not an evolution of a turn-based system. But, there may be a few other things in the game that could be considered an evolution, such as the check points or landmark skipping, which is like a version of Dragon Quest's town-warping spell that applies to more than just towns.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
I actually consider it close to the ATB system because of the auto-battling.

Offline silverwings07

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »
Can someone explain this whole gifting process, the trading of collectables between party members?  Do I lose that collectable if I "gift" it?  I haven't seen any tutorials on this ingame yet.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2012, 09:54:13 AM »

The exclamation marks denotes that material or collectible will be used for a quest. Red for a quest you have undertaken and white for a quest you have yet to take. If you are at the point where you have the maximum amount of materials (happened to me after 40-50 hours) or collectibles (that hasn't happened to me yet), then it is probably safe to sort by price and sell a page or so of the lowest valued items.

If you're thinking of selling collectibles, consider using them as gifts between party members to raise affinity. It takes a lot of gifting to raise affinity through collectibles gifting.

I am very familiar with the MMORPG/World of Warcraft combat system that Xenoblade Chronicles is highly reminiscent of. The tutorials made a lot of sense to me when I read them, and I'm sad that I can't imagine how they aren't making sense to you.

Gem crafting isn't immediately obvious, but pretty fun once you get the hang of it. In order to start the process, you need at least two crystals, cylinders, or a combination of them. You don't need to get the qualities to 100% so you can start crafting to generate stronger cylinders. If you do reach or exceed 100% in any quality, then you must start the crafting process.

When you start the crafting process, you will choose one party member to be a shooter and another to be the engineer. The shooter has a character-specific affect to the crafting such as Shulk having a higher chance to go in to a crafting fever or Reyn generating higher percentage gains when the engineer produces a strong flame. The engineer produces one of three flames (strong, medium, and gentle) during a turn. The descriptors of "Strong Flame: average" and "medium flame: good" refer to the odds of that particular flame being used for a crafting turn. For example, Reyn as an engineer is great in strong flames and poor in medium and gentle flames. That means he is more likely to produce a strong flame for a crafting turn than a medium or gentle flame.

Once you select a shooter and engineer, the crafting process essentially turns in to a gambling machine as you watch the gem qualities or green cylinder rise. How many crafting turns you get depend on the affinity level (yellow, green, blue, purple, magenta) between the shooter and the engineer. At the maximum affinity level, a pair can have 10-15 crafting turns.

What happens during the crafting turn:
The shooter will shoot... something in to the furnace and the engineer will produce a flame.
A strong flame will greatly raise the percentage of one gem quality. This is very useful in pushing a quality over 100% (where it will produce a gem), 200% HEAT, (where it will produce a gem one rank higher than the materials your are using), and 300% MEGA HEAT (where it will produce two gems that are one rank higher). The strategy to take advantage of the strong flame is to select materials in an order that will get gem qualities as close to 200% as possible, to have as few gem qualities being crafted as possible, and to have a crafting pair that will raise the percentages the highest (this pair is Reyn's Strong Bonus and Dunban's Strong Flame: Good).

A medium flame will raise the percentages of all gem qualities. The percentage gains aren't as high as with a strong flame, but you do have the medium flame raising the percentage of all qualities in the mix.

A gentle flame raises the green cylinder gauge located to the right of the gem quality readout. At the start of the crafting process, the cylinder gauge result with be at one. The number represents the number of cylinders you can create out of gem qualities that failed to reach 100% or higher at the end of the crafting process. If a gentle flame is produced by the engineer, the cylinder gauge will rise and eventually increase the result. Normally, you wouldn't worry about this number since you should only be crafting two or three qualities at a time, but it is a number to look out for if you plan on creating a lot of big cylinders in one go.

During crafting, the pair may go in to a fever state where one turn becomes many shots. It happens at random, but you can increase the chance by having Shulk be the shooter or raising one of Shulk's skill tree to an "All" skill that increase the fever chance. If you have increase the affinity of the entire party to each other, they may randomly support the crafting pair with an extra turn.

There's a lot more to the crafting than this. Play around and go for those HEATs! One strategy you can employ is to create high quality cylinders with Melia and Sharla or Sharla and Riki. Then you can use Reyn and Dunban to craft those cylinders to hit HEATs or MEGA HEATs.

Skill linking is comparatively simple. Skill links allow party members to share skills. The number and types of skills allowed is determined by the affinity level between two party members. Higher affinity levels increase the number and type of slots available in a skill link. For example, Reyn has the Heavy Armor skill with a sun-shaped slot early in one of his skill trees. When Reyn has acquired that skill, he can link that skill to another party member who has reached the affinity level with Reyn to have an open sun slot. Shulk opens a sun slot early in his skill link tree with Reyn. Now you can use thirty affinity coins to have Shulk be able to wear heavy armor, something he can't do in his own skill trees.

Ah, affinity coins. You earn those for your party by leveling up and defeating unique monsters. You use affinity coins to set skill links. Those coins are fully refunded when you remove a skill link so don't be afraid to mix and match skill links. For each party member, there is a separate skill link tree per every other party member. It is best to think of skill linking as having an additional 2 or more skill trees to a character's regular three.

Get more party members, raise everyone's skills, raise everyone's affinity between each other, and then you will have a huge pool of skills choose from.

*Side note about a character's regular skill trees.*
All acquired skills are always active for a character. Acquiring Reyn's Heavy Armor skill in one tree and then switching to a different active tree won't deactivate Heavy Armor. What is getting activated and deactivated? Each of the three skill trees has a passive bonus such as +10 to Strength or +3% to Critical Rate. That passive bonus is what is being activated and deactivated for a character. You will notice later in the game that your maxed strength skill tree gives +50 to strength while the agility skill tree you're thinking of switching to only has a +10 to agility. Do not despair! Getting more skills is more important. Also, the passive bonus of a skill tree increases as you acquire more skills in the active tree. Worry about which passive bonus to have active after you have acquired all of a character's skills.

EDIT: I think may have wrote too much. Ah....

Thanks for the guidance, the skill tree linking now makes sense, and I now have some idea of how gem making works, though damn, it still sounds convoluted for a casually introduced side mechanic.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »
When I run from an enemy a blue arrow shows on my character icon, what is happening?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
Can someone explain this whole gifting process, the trading of collectables between party members?  Do I lose that collectable if I "gift" it?  I haven't seen any tutorials on this ingame yet.

In the collectibles tab of the inventory, you can select a collectible. Doing this will bring up the option to "Present" it. From there, you can select the party member who will send the present and then the party member who will receive the present. The collectible is used (and lost) during the gifting process. Gifting presents can lower affinity between two party members by one heart or raise affinity by one to three or four hearts. If you need to unlock the next skill link slot or want to see a heart-to-heart, then you can use a lot (and I mean a lot) of collectibles to raise affinity between party members.

When I run from an enemy a blue arrow shows on my character icon, what is happening?

The downward blue arrow on a characters portrait means that his/her tension is being reduced. Tension is not explained well in the game, but there is a short paragraph on it in the manual. Tension is an in-battle character state that has a spectrum running from panicked to normal to focused. A character's tension in battle affects their accuracy, evasion, critical hit rate, and other parameters. It is easiest to think of tension as the character's morale.

During a battle when a character's tension is getting low, his or her portrait will show their face looking downward. The player-controlled character can go to the panicked character to encourage with a press of the 'b' button. This is usually enough to raise the panicked character's tension back to a normal state. The computer-controlled players can also encourage the player-controlled character if the opportunity arises. Battle Start Affinity (pressing 'b' when you start a battle) and Burst Affinity (pressing 'b' when a character dodges an attack, misses an attack, lands a critical hit, or defeats an enemy) are some ways to raise tension in battle. When your whole party is focused with their character portraits on fire, you will find the battle to go much smoother and you might find yourself pulling off the maximum 9-links Chain Attack.

EDIT:
I should have experimented with this a bit more, but the story compelled me to play the game normally.

I noticed something from switching around arts for my CPU party members. Afterwards, the arts they use in battle are mostly the arts I set in the arts palette. I hypothesized that the CPU only uses arts that are set. I did one trial with the CPU party members' art palettes set to one art (the minimum). Sure enough, the only arts the CPU used were the ones I set, and it was all auto-attacks the rest of the time in that battle. I'll play around some more, but it seems that CPU party members will only use arts set on their respective palettes or at least will use those arts more often. Now that I think about it, it should have been obvious to me from the start how serious setting up the art palettes are.

This will be very useful in setting how CPU party members to act. A prime example is not having Shulk use the Battle Soul art frequently.

Also, broke the 101 hour mark with my party at level 64. Ah... I'm playing this game too much.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:31:41 AM by Enner »

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
Yeah, that seems so obvious that it shouldn't need explaining.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
Indeed.
I wrongly assumed that the the CPU party members were able to freely use all the skills they possess.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »
If the CPU could use every art, then there would be less incentive to control a character yourself.

I don't particularly like having AI partners, I'd prefer some way to control them so I could devise strategies instead of just waiting and hoping they do what I want. This game seems like it was made like an online game, but it's not online...

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
Mop it up, you can control what they do in various circumstances.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2012, 06:25:37 PM »
You mean chain attacks? Sure, that's nice, but I want near complete control.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2012, 06:29:35 PM »
Actually, there are moments when you've seen the future, you can warn your teammates and control the next art that they use, fully charged.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
Those moments rarely happen though, and they don't usually have an art that can counter it, or would be better than one of the Monado's powers.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Thought I'd chime in with my experience:

Was initially overwhelmed by all of the different systems introduced (arts, Monado arts, gems, inventory, quests, collectibles, premonition battle events, team attacks, status effects, affinity, skill trees, etc.) having not having played a JRPG since the SNES, but after getting ruined by the tentacle boss on Bionis' Leg I spent three and a half hours going back, doing side quests, leveling up, and generally figuring out how the game actually worked (you can level up your specials! you're supposed to use your arts in battle non-stop, not just wait for one or two to refill!), and got completely hooked. I returned to the Mechanis tentacle boss and proceeded to wipe the floor with him, and anticipated forty more hours of a JRPG good time unmatched since the Final Fantasy 6/Chrono Trigger days. Then, right as the boss was on its last tentacles, the game froze and my Wii went to the black screen disc read error.

It now won't read any discs at all. I have a first gen Wii, which has been getting louder and louder over time, but it finally kicked the optical bucket. This is particularly troublesome, as I had no plans on playing any other retail games after Xenoblade. This was to be the swan song, and I now I'm in the position of paying to get it repaired to finish the game or just letting it die. $50 on Xenoblade lost (- resale potential - experience of playing game) or and addition $70+ to resurrect my senescent Wii long enough to finish it?

Oh man I remember this almost happening to me when I got my Euro copy.  I freaked and almost thought it was an issue with me modding the Wii.  Thank god that issue eventually went away after a few resets.  I'd just wait on the WiiU as some have suggested, the game is def worth the wait.

I can't wait until all of you are done with it so I can read all your overall summaries to your experiences lol.  I remember going through that back when I finished the game and I loved hearing others point of view on the experience.  I'm glad to see everyone is enjoying it for the most part. 

A little bit of advice, be sure to be sufficiently leveled up before hitting the final boss.  That battle was so brutal for me my first time through that it was almost a game breaker for me as I hate hitting the rpg wall on the final boss.  Eventually after some serious grinding and experimenting with different lineups, I was strong enough to push through.  The final battle sequence is the stuff you find in classic rpgs.  If you've ever played rpgs from the SNES era then you know what you'll be expecting during the final battle.  Some of you seem to be at a sufficient level though so you might not have as difficult a time with it by the time you reach it.   The final battle basically is the old chestnut of a string of battles back to back with no save point in between 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:03:50 PM by Mannypon »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Those moments rarely happen though, and they don't usually have an art that can counter it, or would be better than one of the Monado's powers.

Actually it happens quite often if you have some of your party gauge filled. Once you warn someone, it uses a small chunk of the party gauge.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
A little bit of advice, be sure to be sufficiently leveled up before hitting the final boss.
That's why I always make sure I gain plenty of levels in RPGs, because I know the bosses will be significantly more powerful than regular enemies.

Actually it happens quite often if you have some of your party gauge filled. Once you warn someone, it uses a small chunk of the party gauge.
My party gauge is always filled in case I need a revive. I think it's based on if your characters are in danger of being knocked out, because I'm always at least a few levels higher than the enemies I meet and I rarely see visions outside of bosses. The ones I do see are moves that will KO or topple a member.