Community Forums > Movies & TV

All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??

<< < (119/138) > >>

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on March 04, 2020, 09:07:16 AM ---I am not ok with this is only about 3.5hrs worth of content. you can burn through it on a Saturday afternoon.

--- End quote ---

You were right - short, and pretty good. I Am Not OK With This gets a thumbs-up in my book.

Another Life, on the other hand doesn't. In fact, it gets a flat out "avoid at all costs" rating.  The show seems to have a decent budget, but the writing is Terrible... dialog is weird and stilted most of the time, characters are horribly underdeveloper cliches that continually make nonsensical choices, and the plot is an illogical mess.

That kind of hurts to write. There was potential here, and a good original sci-fi series would've been awesome. Sadly, this show has almost no redeeming value. Take a hard pass.

On the upside, next show up is Locke & Key... which from all accounts should be a pleasant way to wash out the bad taste of Another Life.

Sidenote: Is anyone watching the Castlevania animated series? I rather enjoyed the earlier seasons, so am keen to check out the third season that just got released.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on February 23, 2020, 11:17:44 PM ---I enjoyed it. The main reason I asked, is because I wanted to talk about it, but not spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet.

there's a few moments where beyond questionable choices/actions are made to move the plot forward in the later episodes, but ultimately I enjoyed it and would tune in for a Season 2 whenever that happens.

--- End quote ---

So I finished off Locke & Key. It's got a few weak moments... but was really fun overall and I think they pulled off exactly what they wanted with the show. Big thumbs up.

Season 2 might end up being good, or not. Second acts for shows like this are often harder to pull off than the first... but I'd tune in to find out. It feels like they've built a bigger world than what was shown the initial conflict.

Also saw Always Be My Maybe - a romcom that I enjoyed so much that I don't feel bad about admitting to watching it alone at home. It's still a romcom and hits the expected notes, but the jokes hit home in a way that rarely happens with these movies.

Not sure if I can recommend it to people, or if they'll find the little things so funny and familiar like I did... but it gets a huge thumbs from me.

BlackNMild2k1:
Anybody watch Beastars?

new anime on Netflix, animal class society.
Carnivores and Herbivores, inter-species relationships. It gets into some deep subject matter.
It was actually pretty interesting.

anyway, can someone tell me why I still have a Netflix DVD subscription, and there are 2 DVD's on my tv stand "collecting dust" for who knows how long.

Good thing this crisis got me to shuffle some papers around otherwise I wouldn't have seen them there. I'm about to return them and cancel that subscription. What was I thinking? LOL

NWR_insanolord:
One of my favorite shows, Community, was added to U.S. Netflix today. It's one of the best written TV comedies ever, and it's perfect for binge watching with lots of layered jokes and callbacks.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on April 01, 2020, 08:59:02 PM ---One of my favorite shows, Community, was added to U.S. Netflix today. It's one of the best written TV comedies ever, and it's perfect for binge watching with lots of layered jokes and callbacks.

--- End quote ---

So now they have Community and Arrested Development.
two top tier comedies

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version