Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Live-Stream Event This Thursday  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Live-Stream Event This Thursday
« on: October 20, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »

50 things about the game you didn't know before will be revealed then!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38782/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-live-stream-event-this-thursday

A Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Live-Stream event this Thursday will give new insight on the upcoming title.

In a press release issued this morning, Nintendo announced that the event will take place on its Nintendo Direct page this Thursday at 3 p.m. PT. The press release noted that there will be 50 new things about the game that will be shown during the stream.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is scheduled for a November 21 release in North America.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Live-Stream Event This Thursday
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:16:41 AM »
*heavy breathing*
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:39:22 AM »
(breathing intensifies)

I'm seriously considering avoiding this one though. I've come to appreciate knowing as little as possible about a game before playing it, provided it's a known quantity. Having played Smash 3DS, I realise this doesn't leave much in the way of surprises. *fingers in ears commences*

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:52:14 AM »
I can't find the celebratory reaction face for this. I'm excited about the upcoming Nintendo Direct yet disappointed that I can't adequately register my excitement.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »
I'm excited at the prospect of Nintendo finally being done with the "2014 Smash Bros. Hype Train" so they can get back to making Nintendo Directs about more interesting products.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 12:11:13 PM »
I can't find the celebratory reaction face for this. I'm excited about the upcoming Nintendo Direct yet disappointed that I can't adequately register my excitement.

I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »
I'm excited at the prospect of Nintendo finally being done with the "2014 Smash Bros. Hype Train" so they can get back to making Nintendo Directs about more interesting products.

Are you kidding?!? I'd rather have them keeping the lid on Splatoon and Yoshi's Wooley World until the anointed time has come...!  Super Smash Bros. more than anything has always been about celebrating Nintendo's identity they have built for themselves. The fact that the hype for the celebration has been given so much life and so much time in the limelight this year has done nothing but made me grin ear to ear!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
I'm with Evan_B a bit in that having got Smash 3DS and replaying Melee a bit before its release, I'm feeling content Smash-wise so getting more info on another Smash game hasn't got me excited even if I know the Wii U version is the more superior product. It could be that this direct gets me pumped back up again for its release but right now I'm indifferent to the news and would be more interested in what future products may be coming out next year for the 3DS and Wii U.

Specifically, if there will be more exclusive software for the New 3DS or how that may affect its line-up. Aside from Pokémon coming out next month, the 3DS just seems to have a lot of smaller releases coming out but nothing major. Clearly, Nintendo wants to extend the life of the 3DS so what software will the provide to do so.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
Nah, I don't think the announcement of the Nintendo Direct is worthy of Super Saiyan Coach. I'm sure there will be plenty of news on Thursday that will warrant that .gif. For now,

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »
I probably won't be watching, just check out a recap.