Author Topic: I modded SSBB and I love it.  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
I modded SSBB and I love it.
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:34:09 AM »
So a few days ago I wanted to get back to modding my Wii. I set up a USB loader for all my games and set up Project M 3.0. I was surprised at how much they've added since 1.0 over a year ago. New moves, alternate costumes, and even old favorites like Roy and Mewtwo. They even made Fox and Falco's alt costume their Melee counterpart. It's pretty cool.

However, what I didn't realize is the insane community that is the Brawl modding community. Did you know that you can mod Ganondorf so that he has a "sword mode"? Did you know that you can add Mega Charizard X and Y to Charizard's alt? Did you know that you can even add your own music collection to the background music during fights? I sure as hell didn't.

Hnnng... so good. <3

Here's my quick example of custom music with sword Ganondorf in action fighting an alt costume Mewtwo.

There's just so many possibilities out there I haven't tried yet. I might make this the thread where I show off all of these mods as I come across them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:38:11 AM by Oblivion »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Re: I modded SSBB and I love it.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:36:52 AM »
Mega Charizard X

Mega Charizard Y

Dry Bowser

Sephiroth (Marth edit)

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
Mega Mewtwo X

Mega Lucario

Bayonetta

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »
Seeing Bayonetta there, I will be disappointed if she does not appear in the new one. She could easily be an alt clone of ZS Samus.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
Mega LUCARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drools.....
Made you look ****.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »
Mega LUCARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drools.....

Ha, I knew you'd like that. Mega Lucario is pretty much my main in Project M. Going back to Brawl's (and by extension, SSB4) Lucario is gonna hurt.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
I really like Project M. It isn't perfect, but it's still leagues better than Brawl. I particularly like the alternate costumes, many of which were way too obvious to not have been in the official release. I haven't tried any of the mods beyond what's included in Project M.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:43 AM »
Despite how hyped I am about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U especially after last night's Nintendo Direct, it's nice to see the Project M guys continuing to plug along on the mod. They released this video a few days ago.

The most notable addition is their HD rendition of Hyrule Castle which just looks great.

Remade stages from the original Super Smash Bros. is one of the main things I think is missing from the Wii U version. I guess you can make it in the Stage Builder but it isn't the same. I don't know how often I'll play Project M after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is released, but I'll definitely download version 3.5.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »
Damn, that stage looks sexy. Though apparently someone on reddit found that there's going to be a Smash 64 stage in the game, but we don't know if its been "HD"-ified.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
I've heard that there is some amusing things with certain bosses in the subspace emissary due to them having their audio files overwritten for mewtwo and roy.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
Damn, that stage looks sexy. Though apparently someone on reddit found that there's going to be a Smash 64 stage in the game, but we don't know if its been "HD"-ified.

The stage select screen on the My Music page shows Kongo Jungle is the N64 stage.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dreamland and Yoshi's Story from 64 also return since they were in Melee.  I mean, there was only 3 N64 stages in Melee and none in Brawl and now one of those 3 from Melee is going to return in Wii U.  We got Dr. Mario back and now Mewtwo is also returning so I wouldn't be surprised if all Melee's N64 stages get brought back just because bringing things from Melee back seems to be the thing. 
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 11:52:58 PM »

If you ask me it's an improvement.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:04:24 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
Hyrule Castle is the quintessential Smash stage, I have no idea how it hasn't made a return yet!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 02:06:54 PM »
... because bringing things from Melee back seems to be the thing. 

You know I was just thinking the other day it would be funny if within this smash you could play with the new models all the other smash games with there balancing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.