Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 670618 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Calm before the storm? Edition)
« Reply #2100 on: September 22, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »
Rayman 2 port confirmed.

I think that has been on nine systems. Has any game topped that yet? Resident Evil 4 maybe?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 22, 2016, 08:57:33 PM »
maybe it's like a gigantic AR Tablet.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 22, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
I cant take anything Ubisoft say very seriously. They always jump on new hardware.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 22, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »
I cant take anything Ubisoft say very seriously. They always jump on new hardware.

Nintendo should be happy Ubisoft is saying anything at all about them after what happened when they went all in on Wii U.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2104 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »
Ubisoft took a gamble and made a lot of money all in on them with the Wii.  Ubisoft is willing to take gambles because they know early system launch that you can usually make your investment back.

I am curious about Ubisoft's numbers for the Wii U if they did make money or not.  Overall, betting on Nintendo early in the life cycle is probably still a safe bet. 

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 22, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
Ubisoft took a gamble and made a lot of money all in on them with the Wii.  Ubisoft is willing to take gambles because they know early system launch that you can usually make your investment back.

I am curious about Ubisoft's numbers for the Wii U if they did make money or not.  Overall, betting on Nintendo early in the life cycle is probably still a safe bet.

Ubisoft's Wii U lineup is bigger than it should have been. Even after it was clear the system was a dud they picked up the tab for Cloudberry Kingdom, released Splinter Cell Blacklist, finally gave us Rayman Legends and released an Assassin's Creed game that they knew was probably going to tank hard (it did). Then they threw us another bone with Child of Light. Then almost a full year later gave us WatchUnderscoreDogs.

You could say any money they made from the Wii U's launch was lessened by what they put out the rest of that first year.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 23, 2016, 03:03:02 AM »
pretty sure this is nothing NX related, but interesting none-the less
Nintendo patents projecting flat images on uneven surfaces

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/WO2016147731A1.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/WO2016147731A1.pdf

source

and here is discussion on the patent from back in August that first mentioned some sort of projector on what is believed to be an NX related patent
http://www.n-sider.com/blog/2016/08/nintendos-nx-could-be-a-super-game-watch
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:17:38 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 23, 2016, 11:29:07 AM »
According to Digitimes, Foxconn has started a trial production build of the NX. 

For anyone not in the know about supply management/logistics.  There's usually something called a PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) prior to giving a supplier full approval to produce your product in full production quantities.  Essentially, it's a verification check to ensure the supplier can consistently and reliably produce your product per the specification outlined in the product, that their production processes are consistent and repeatable, and also acts as a last check to identify any potential issues that could cause production issues. 

This also usually includes what's referred to as an ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report), which necessitates a trial production run of a certain quantity as a verification that what the supplier submits in their PPAP is accurate.  My guess would be that the "trial production" is Foxconn's ISIR required in order to submit their PPAP for approval from Nintendo prior to starting their full production build.  Also makes sense if they expect a certain lead time for component parts on production quantities, as well as time for logistics from foxconn to their distribution partners, and eventually retail.

tl;dr - if at all true, a positive sign we're not far from a reveal (whether through Nintendo or Foxconn employee leaks), and also a positive sign we're not going to see a launch delay, barring any catastrophic findings from the PPAP submission/approval process.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:48:34 AM by lolmonade »

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 23, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the breakdown.  It reminds me of the Iwata Asks discussing manufacturing.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 23, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »

Ubisoft's Wii U lineup is bigger than it should have been. Even after it was clear the system was a dud they picked up the tab for Cloudberry Kingdom, released Splinter Cell Blacklist, finally gave us Rayman Legends and released an Assassin's Creed game that they knew was probably going to tank hard (it did). Then they threw us another bone with Child of Light. Then almost a full year later gave us WatchUnderscoreDogs.

You could say any money they made from the Wii U's launch was lessened by what they put out the rest of that first year.

For what it is worth, I bought most of those Ubi titles to support them in that investment. Granted, there was not a lot else going on the system, but I appreciated having the titles available.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 23, 2016, 06:40:02 PM »

EDIT: NEVERMIND. It was all fake.

JUST ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING CONSOLE ALREADY NINTENDO FFS!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:50:44 PM by Soren »

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Foxconn "Leaks" Edition)
« Reply #2111 on: September 23, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »
Ahh, I looked before you edited! That Neogaf thread has been closed, but it's not 100% debunked. It seems like it originated on a Chinese forum on a newly created account. Some claim it's the same person who apparently leaked sketches of the PS4 pro. I wanna hear more from Neal!

Anyway, it wasn't too crazy, aside from the addition of an additional computational unit that was claimed to also be portable. Otherwise the same Gamepad with detachable controllers and a TV dock that has been widely rumored/mocked up.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 23, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »
What was it? I missed it.

Found it on GameFAQs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189706-nintendo-nx/74331238
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:51:04 PM by Lemonade »

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #2113 on: September 24, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
NX?

What's that? A new console? I'm betting Nintendo are gonna jump into the candy making industry. Sign me up.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 26, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
Thanks for the breakdown.  It reminds me of the Iwata Asks discussing manufacturing.

No problem!  I have experience and interest in manufacturing/supply management, so I always find it fun to inject my knowledge of the subject, but not sure how much interest there is here from others when I do post a wall of information on occasion  :-\ .

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »

No problem!  I have experience and interest in manufacturing/supply management, so I always find it fun to inject my knowledge of the subject, but not sure how much interest there is here from others when I do post a wall of information on occasion  :-\ .

I enjoy those posts! I usually don't have much to add on the topic so I don't reply.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2116 on: September 26, 2016, 05:37:34 PM »
This seems way, way too specific:
http://docs.pawbyte.com/platform-specifics/#nintendo-nx
At this time we are unable to disclose development in regards to support for the Nintendo platform codenamed “NX”.

Please check back at our estimated date of October 4, 2016 6PM CST.
This is a game development engine that works for PC (all three OSes + HTML5) and it added Wii U support a few months back. I don't think anything commercial has released on Wii U using it. Yet.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:01 PM »
This seems way, way too specific:
http://docs.pawbyte.com/platform-specifics/#nintendo-nx
At this time we are unable to disclose development in regards to support for the Nintendo platform codenamed “NX”.

Please check back at our estimated date of October 4, 2016 6PM CST.
This is a game development engine that works for PC (all three OSes + HTML5) and it added Wii U support a few months back. I don't think anything commercial has released on Wii U using it. Yet.

I guess what I'd like to know next is when was that page updated....
Does Nintendo usually do announcements on Tuesdays?

I'm not expecting anything on that date, but it would be funny because no one in the "guess the date" thread picked Tuesday Oct 4th. Although EVERYONE would be happy since it was announced, and much sooner than nearly half of us guessed.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2118 on: September 26, 2016, 06:38:59 PM »
The last couple of Directs were announced on Tuesday for Thursday airing, among other things.

October 4 is already reserved for a Google event in the larger media's mind, though.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 27, 2016, 01:53:45 AM »
The last couple of Directs were announced on Tuesday for Thursday airing, among other things.

October 4 is already reserved for a Google event in the larger media's mind, though.

Well... there was that joint Nintendo Google operating system was never released publicly, right?
what if the NX is the fruit of that labor.

did we even find out what happened with that joint project BTW? it was so long ago I really don't remember.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 27, 2016, 04:29:04 AM »
How strangely specific. It would be pretty interesting if Nintendo and Google have teamed up to make something.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 27, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
It's good thing I used to keep my rumor threads all neat and organized with those indexed post, because I knew there was a time when you'd want to reference back to something, but it would be too hard to find.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg731247#msg731247

I don't think anything ever came of it, not that we saw in an actual product, but I could be wrong as all that was quite some time ago. It's been in development forever.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:37:02 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 27, 2016, 06:27:56 PM »
Hey BnM apparently Nintendo NYC is hosting a private event on the 1st according to twitter. So there's a chance we could be seeing the NX there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:33:05 PM by MysticGohan »
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2123 on: September 27, 2016, 06:32:20 PM »
If by the NX you mean the stars of your favorite random Disney Channel shows promoting Disney Magical World 2, yes.
Tutorial box out.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 27, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
If by the NX you mean the stars of your favorite random Disney Channel shows promoting Disney Magical World 2, yes.

You know something's going on, and it's damn near time to unveil this thing! And prove what I've been going with since day 1 :p
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res