Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 671121 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Calm before the storm? Edition)
« Reply #2075 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:50 PM »
Just for conversational purposes, here is another mock-up

I like the amount of detail in this one, and the fact this it includes the Dock, but I don't like that you need a separate middle piece to use the detachable controllers, and I also don't like that there doesn't appear to be a 3DS mode (I really like the idea of being able to change the orientation of the screen and the controllers if the game needs to use that perspective - 3DS mode, Top Down Shooters/dungeon crawlers/pinball, etc etc).
But just for getting a basic look at what this thing might look like, I generally like the designs I've seen so far.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:39:38 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2076 on: September 18, 2016, 10:40:31 PM »
BlackandMild, that is almost perfect, but I would expect Nintendo to make a design that does not require the Third Component to make the controller.  It is a additional component that means something could get lost, or Broken. 

However, the 3rd Component could be the Brains of the controller and also a potential pointer for Wii Games.  And I suppose the Docking bay could have slots on the side to lock 2 separate middle pieces together for storage and charging.

Personally, I think it is more elegant to have the two controllers slide into each other and lock into place...and eliminate the need for the middle piece. 

Other than that, that Mock Up is perfect.  Now think about how the right side could be replaced with a Gamecube controller, or Nintendo 64 button layout, or Street Fighter Layout fairly cheaply.  Now also imagine that the left part could be replaced with a bigger D-Pad or Control Stick or even Extra buttons or Rhythm games....or piano keys for a music game. 

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 18, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »
I really like that mock up. I would be very happy if the actual product if similar to that

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 18, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
I think a square would be uncomfortable to hold, but I guess it depends on the contours on the backside.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2079 on: September 19, 2016, 12:02:21 AM »
The question is can the above design capable of sharing assets, like the base console using the handheld's processor for additional power, or access the RAM on the portable device?  If that is impossible then this design really isn't improving anything. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 19, 2016, 12:12:14 AM »
not sure if this was mentioned, and I'm sure it's of no surprise to anyone if true, but it looks like Nintendo might have a New Metroid in the works
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/53as8q/metroidnintendocom_seems_to_be_a_webpage_that/

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »
All this controller talk just does not appeal to me at all. I was able to deal with the Wiimote and Nunchuk combo well but after the honeymoon period with the GamePad wore off I basically refused to use it unless the game required it like Splatoon or Mario Maker. And even with Mario Maker once I stopped making stages I switched to the Pro Controller and only used the GamePad to input stage codes. I feel like Nintendo managed to make the GamePad as ergonomic as possible and even then it's still uncomfortable for long periods of play.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 19, 2016, 04:45:07 PM »
I would be okay with getting detachable-type controllers if it meant getting something similar to the Wiimote and Nunchuk again. That's still my fave controller for a variety of reasons, including that it comes in "two parts."

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 19, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
If it means the return of the pointer driven FPS mechanic in future COD and Splatoon titles than I am all in for the detachable controller feature. Hopefully this turns out more like what happened when Nintendo went to optical media (super fast load times) versus what happened with some of their other experimental features.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2084 on: September 19, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »
These mock-ups are getting really good.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2085 on: September 19, 2016, 09:52:10 PM »
I would like Nintendo to just go back to the Wiimote and perfect its design.

Get Wiimotion Plus working perfectly in Nunchuk You can keep it wired, I think it is better that way.

Then The Wiimote would be better if you put the pointer on the side of the buttons and not the D Pad.  Then give the Button layout like the Gamecube Controller.  Big A Button, Left and Right Bean shaped Buttons and then a Small B Button either in a circle shape or Bean shape above the Big A Button.  This would give you a pointer with 4 easy and comfortable face buttons.  Then the bottom Trigger give it resistance for use as a gas pedal and the click feature from the gamecube.  Finall do the same with one of the Nunchuk triggers and provide Resistance with a click feature.  Make the Nunchuk bigger and give it the ergonomics to comfortably rest two fingers on the triggers. 

Done Nintendo you have just designed the perfect controller for most 3D action games and FPSers and you didn't even need to invest in new technology.

Offline Soren

• View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 20, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »
Hopefully Nintendo also puts dual SDXC card slots for hot data swaps and mass storage expansion.

But that would be future proofing... So I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 20, 2016, 11:10:35 AM »
The Pokemon Company Will Make Games for NX, Confirms Water is Wet

Also, Tsunekazu Ishihara basically just confirmed a hybrid of sorts:
The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device. We will make games for the NX.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 20, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
The Pokemon Company Will Make Games for NX, Confirms Water is Wet

Also, Tsunekazu Ishihara basically just confirmed a hybrid of sorts:
The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device. We will make games for the NX.

You have to wonder if developers are tired of having to withhold information on the games they're making for the console.  Probably part of why Ishihara stated that, or maybe it's part of what Nintendo felt ok with him saying about the console to this point.

This "confirmation" is kind of a moot point at this point, given the leaks that have more or less confirmed it anyway.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 20, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
We're way past due for something. Any dev with an opportunity to release a game at launch for this system has got to be just as or even more annoyed as the general public is with Nintendo right now.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 20, 2016, 01:38:15 PM »
We're way past due for something. Any dev with an opportunity to release a game at launch for this system has got to be just as or even more annoyed as the general public is with Nintendo right now.
Or they know when Nintendo is actually revealing the NX and are not annoyed at all.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 20, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »
Or they know when Nintendo is actually revealing the NX and are not annoyed at all.

I would be inclined to believe that but I don't think even Nintendo knows when Nintendo is revealing the NX.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 20, 2016, 07:36:49 PM »
I hope sooner. An announcement within days would be very nice.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2095 on: September 20, 2016, 08:41:16 PM »
Maybe sooner than later on the announcement?

All Zelda related, apparently. So technically NX-relevant, but only inasmuch as Zelda's supposed to be a launch title.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2096 on: September 21, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »
Maybe sooner than later on the announcement?

All Zelda related, apparently. So technically NX-relevant, but only inasmuch as Zelda's supposed to be a launch title.

Damn. :(

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 22, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Ubisoft continues to make vague, positive comments about the NX and Nintendo:

Speaking to IGN at an Ubisoft event yesterday, Guillemot - who has previously expressed his admiration for the upcoming console - explained specifically why he was excited for NX:

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive," he said. "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now."

During a separate presentation, he called it "a fantastic machine", going to on to explain that "I think it's a really new approach, it's really Nintendo, coming with something new again. We love it."

Nintendo's last home console, Wii U, has been a sales failure. When we asked if Guillemot saw the NX as a step back towards the Wii's more inclusive (and financially successful) approach, he said:

"It's difficult to answer that [before NX is revealed]. What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here."

http://ign.com/articles/2016/09/22/nintendo-nx-fantastic-will-offer-different-experience-to-other-consoles-ubisoft-ceo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: September 22, 2016, 05:38:16 PM »
I hope it's all legit praise and not just towing the supportive line.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2099 on: September 22, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »
Rayman 2 port confirmed.