Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165164 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2450 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:17 AM »
ABC got budgets man, tinted car Ghost Rider means we get to "see" him more often than we saw Hive faced Ward.

and ShyGuy, I'm waiting for that SHIELD reveal at the end of The Defenders where Coulson shows up in the post credits.
....hell, a CG Spidey in the background would be biggest bone thrown yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: September 16, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:28:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: September 16, 2016, 08:30:39 PM »
Agents of SHIELD s4

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:38:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: September 17, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »
HAWT TOYS!!! Come and get your Hot Toys!!!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2454 on: September 17, 2016, 12:45:58 PM »
Damn.  These toys are getting a little too realistic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: September 17, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
I know they cost a lot now, but just imagine how much they could be worth in the not so distant future. Especially if the MCU continues to become a thing of generations to come, like Star Wars, Star Trek, and James Bond.

I know as a movie series, it's already the most profitable there is, and once Spider-Man drops, you figure it's not only going to increase its lead in movies, but might be able to take the crown in franchise merchandising as well.

$3Bill well spent Disney.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: September 20, 2016, 02:05:59 AM »
Here is a long slight SPOILER filled interview talking Agents of SHIELD S4
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/19/agents-shield-season-4-spoilers

and possibly another:

Everything to Know About Ghost Rider, Rogue Daisy and LMDs
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-season-4-preview-929631
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:11:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: September 20, 2016, 03:21:41 AM »
Hey Everyone!!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: September 21, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »
If anyone wants to see the revealing of the Rider the Agents of Shield clip is below.

https://youtu.be/ydl0_ObqgPg

It's not really a spoiler because it's just a brawl with no real context but consider yourself warned all the same if you haven't yet seen the episode.

Good episode though.  Some nice changing up in the show and some interesting reveals.  Ghost Rider looks awesome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: September 21, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »
AoS was good last night. I'm looking forward to this season. Should be a fun ride.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 22, 2016, 06:44:11 AM »
I really think Mack from AoS would have been a great Luke Cage. He has a better look and voice that I would associate with Luke more so than Mr Colter.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 23, 2016, 02:05:17 AM »
Could REd Skull be coming back for Infinity War? or just at all in the future of the MCU?

This could be nothing, but then again, it's come up twice now in the last few months, but Hugo Weaving went from "Hell No, only if Marvel forced me" in regards to playing Red Skull again, to all of a sudden "Hey... maybe, I don't know... I have no idea, that haven't said anything..." twice now.
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/role-recall-hugo-weaving-on-his-journey-from-priscilla-to-the-matrix-to-the-dressmaker-130831224.html
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Weaving joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe to bedevil the Star-Spangled Avenger on his maiden movie adventure. Long one of Cap’s most persistent villains in the comic-book world, the MCU’s Red Skull was last seen being consumed by the Tesseract, one of the all-important Infinity Stones. Currently kept in lockdown in Asgard, this cosmic cube seems destined to reappear in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War… and maybe Weaving along with it?

I thought it would be a lot of fun to play a classic über-Nazi, someone who thought Hitler was a pussy! [Laughs] It was fun to play; I enjoyed the outrageousness of the German accent that I employed and I enjoyed the extraordinary mask and costume, even though it was unbelievably hot inside it. I enjoy mask work; I enjoy trying to animate masks and reveal certain things that the mask itself might not reveal. V for Vendetta was another example of that, but there was less animation within that mask versus the Red Skull.

With Marvel, it’s pretty basic stuff: accept the deal and enjoy the ride. It’s not a major stretch for an actor, but on the other hand the difficulty with the Marvel universe is maintaining a link to a human dimension within such an extraordinary, technological CGI universe. In terms of me going back and doing another one, I don’t know. I’m not sure what they’re up to with the Red Skull.

I think every major Marvel villian killed in the movies was taken out by an Infinity Stone (Red Skull - Tesseract (Space Stone) / Malekith - Aether (Reality Stone)/ Ronan - The Orb (Power Stone) / Ultron - "Sceptor" (Mind Stone)), so it's possible they weren't killed at all, but actually just trapped inside the stone. We could see Thanos release them from this Gem Prison to confront Earth's Mightiest Heroes all at once, as that would surely be a conflict needing ALL HANDS ON DECK

And just because I had to look this up, don't forget the THANOS theory when it comes to the stones

T. H. A. N. O. S.

Each letter in his name represents the name of the object that houses each stone. (Hover over the letters to reveal the association... or quote the post)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:48:15 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 23, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »
I really think Mack from AoS would have been a great Luke Cage. He has a better look and voice that I would associate with Luke more so than Mr Colter.

Before all of the announcements were made about Luke Cage casting, I actually thought this was an avenue they were planning with Mac becoming Luke Cage.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:14 AM »
Before all of the announcements were made about Luke Cage casting, I actually thought this was an avenue they were planning with Mac becoming Luke Cage.

That idea crossed my mind too.  That would have been amazing.  He just seems to be a better fit for it. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:50 AM »
I'm super juiced for LUKE CAGE right now.

That cameo at the end too!! I'm so ready.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 26, 2016, 11:11:39 PM »
Luke Cage is looking pretty good so far. Good to see Rosario Dawson again, I really like her character in both Daredevil and Jessica Jones, it makes me wish she had a bigger role.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 27, 2016, 01:41:49 AM »
she supposedly has a much larger role in Luke Cage in comparison to the other 2 shows she was on.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 27, 2016, 01:43:44 AM »
I guess this is going to be as rough as the last 3 shows :(

I'll be looking away a fair bit I guess.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 27, 2016, 09:54:51 AM »

Yeah, these netflix shows have been fairly violent. Probably R rated violent. When they start cutting Turk's leg off in Daredevil Season 2...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2470 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:40 AM »

Yeah, these netflix shows have been fairly violent. Probably R rated violent. When they start cutting Turk's leg off in Daredevil Season 2...

And I really hate Netflix decision to go as brutal as they did.  Netflix decision to allow R-rated violence is disappointing.  They could have easily gotten results like the Nolan Batman Trilogy and made movies people can show their kids.  Instead they made shows that excessive violence keep younger fans away, and older fans that just don't care to see that much violence. 

Somebody really needs to teach the new film makers restraint just because you CAN show something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.  I also think that having restraint in the violence would have made it easier to have characters cross over into the movies or even on to SHIELD.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 27, 2016, 04:31:36 PM »
I also think that having restraint in the violence would have made it easier to have characters cross over into the movies or even on to SHIELD.

I think this is indeed going to be quite jarring for many of the fans of the more violent style of the Netflix shows.  Imagine having Kingpin go from beheading someone in a car in Daredevil to going to something like Spider-Man which is looks to be the exact opposite.  They've already established how far and what Kingpin is prepared to do to make a point.  They won't be able to do it in the movies, unless they somehow subtly imply such things without actually showing it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:13 PM »
I like that they didn't pull punches. They are in the Punisher/Daredevil world where things are a little scary/realistic. They are dealing with the dank dark underworld, not the sleek world of espionage.

Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Punisher are all the darker comics. I expect them to tone it down for defenders and Iron Fist though. Those are lighter comics. I think Marvel goes the spectrum. The MCU is rich and diverse.

It's not like its A Serbian Film(Don't watch that) or Human Centipede 2.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2473 on: September 27, 2016, 07:45:49 PM »
You don't have to show graphic violence to not pull punches.  That is why I mentioned the Dark Knight series.  They edited and cut that film so tight, that you felt every punch and act of violence (Like the Joker Magic Trick) without having to show it. 

Or another example, the Dare Devil hallway fight scene was brutal, but not very bloody.  You felt the battle without having to be disgusted with gore.  The netflix shows I believe made a miscalculation.  They could have shown almost every scene in Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones season 2 without pushing the Gore factor. 

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 27, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »

Or another example, the Dare Devil hallway fight scene was brutal, but not very bloody.  You felt the battle without having to be disgusted with gore.  The netflix shows I believe made a miscalculation.  They could have shown almost every scene in Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones season 2 without pushing the Gore factor. 

Precisely.  Or the big stairwell fight scene in season two.  They made the point well without the blood and graphic violence.  But hey, it is what it is. I'll just be fast forwarding the yucky bits :)