Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Splatoon 3: Enter the Splatlands

(1/5) > >>

M.K.Ultra:
Welcome Inklings and Octolings to the Splatoon 3 thread! 
Splatoon 3 is planned for a 2022 release on Switch [WUT!] :o.
According to the official site the third entry in the series will have players:

* Discover the Splatlands, a new sun-soaked region with trendsetting inhabitants
* Experiment with new styles for Inklings and Octolings
* 4v4 Turf Wars* are back, with new stages, new maneuvers, and new weaponsComments
What is your history with the Splatoon series?
What are your current stats?
What changes do you hope to see with the new game?
Should this type of game just have one iteration per console?

M.K.Ultra:
Here are my stats for the first two games.
Splatoon

* Final Level: 36
* Final Rank: A-
* Total Play Time: 100 hours
* Preferred Weapon: Berry Splattershot Pro
Splatoon 2

* Current Play Time: 110 hours
* Preferred Weapon: Splattershot Pro

Order.RSS:
...Splat Max Fury Railroad?

Thought the trailer for Splatoon 3 definitely looked promising, had sort of hoped it was a spin-off with a meatier campaign based on the mood they were setting.
Splatoon probably isn't quite for me anymore: I've largely eliminated multiplayer games from my life since I have a tendency to play them for 100 hours if left unchecked. I'd rather play 10-20 short indie games in that timeframe, than a single game without a lot of story progression. That said, I do really admire Splatoon. The world and character designs have that immediate Nintendo magic, and there's a sense of urgency in both its gameplay, and the environmentalist message underpinning the franchise.

I don't really remember stats to share, only played the first one for ~20ish hours. Cleared the campaign and did a bunch of Turf War, especially with the Splat Roller type. I've always gravitated towards support roles in other team shooters, usually played Engineer or Medic in Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 1942. BF2 also had an ammo support role I was good at.
The Roller wasn't quite that, but it's satisfying to neatly fill in landmass or paint over the opponent's turf. Also very fun to run folks over with when they're not looking. I don't know if I ever even tried switching from default weapons... the last time I played I accidentally talked to a dude who insisted on detailing like 20,000 weapons I had apparently unlocked, and you couldn't escape that conversation. Literally sat there mashing A for 10 minutes.  >:(

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Discord.RSS on February 25, 2021, 03:11:55 PM --- the last time I played I accidentally talked to a dude who insisted on detailing like 20,000 weapons I had apparently unlocked, and you couldn't escape that conversation. Literally sat there mashing A for 10 minutes.  >:(

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that happened to me to. I think they fixed that and you can fast forward through it now by holding down A for about one minute.

nickmitch:
Yeah, that fast-forward was desperately needed.

I played the original quite a bit.  I really liked it at the time.  I played Splatoon 2 for a good while when it first came out, but kinda fell off.  I frequently would miss the splatfests, which went from disappointing to reaffirming me not playing as much.  I also didn't finish the Octoling expansion. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version