Author Topic: PREVIEWS: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »
Prepare to slice and dice the undead in Capcom's latest survival horror video game.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=16848

Capcom is bringing their popular Dead Rising series to the Wii in a new game titled, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop. The original Dead Rising was released on the Xbox 360 in the summer of 2006. Players will take on the role of journalist Frank West, as he explores a zombie ravaged mall in the fictional town of Willamette, Colorado.    

Running on the same engine used by Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, the game will allow gamers to target and shoot enemies using the Wii Remote. If a zombie succeeds in grabbing the player, they can shake the Wii Remote to throw the zombie off. Capcom has littered the shopping mall with a plethora of items that can be used against the zombies such as benches, umbrellas, golf clubs, lawnmowers, and footballs.  Swinging and throwing items at enemies is also possible with Wii Remote gestures.    

The origin of the zombie attack will be discovered by completing individual case files, which each give a piece of the story. While searching the mall, players will also run into other survivors who may need saving. The mall features a number of restaurants and shops where humorous costumes can be found and food can be devoured as extra health.    

Compared to the Xbox 360 game, Capcom has promised the inclusion of new enemies and a more robust save system.    

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop will be released this upcoming winter.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
I still hold at hope that Capcom will deliver.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »
The 360 version is too hardcore for my liking; I'm willing to take a hit in graphics for it to be more accessible.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »
The graphics in the 360 version weren't anything to write home about anyway. If I didn't already own the game I'd be much more excited for this one. It seems as if it is turning out decent and the Wii controls should be fantastic.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 06:59:49 PM »
I still hold at hope that Capcom will deliver.

From what I've seen this game has more in common with RE4 than with the original Dead Rising.  If you liked RE4, you'll like this game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
From the videos I've seen, the gunplay controls look much stiffer than RE4's.. I'd have to play it to make a judgement though.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig