Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Ganondorf lives on planet Vegeta  (Read 42480 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warriors: Ganondorf lives on planet Vegeta
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2014, 04:11:10 AM »
Fi is a beast! Greg Yoshidious agrees! She's my go-to when playing a level on hard. Lana's book attack is not great.

« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:05 AM »
Fi is starting to grow on me, but Link is just too much fun with all the weapons at his disposal. Anyone sink their teeth into the Mater quest adventure mode yet?
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
the Mater quest adventure mode yet?

Taking out enemies with a rusted tow truck is going to be da bomb.  Disney's really pimp'n those franchises.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg

Twili Midna is going to be the newest DLC character for Hyrule Warriors.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
Hot Midna? Count me in.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
I have had a lot of fun using Midna, So this news has me excited. I am surprised that her two forms are going to be their own different characters.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »
I haven't opened my copy yet. The main reason I was excited for Hyrule Warriors was Imp Midna so I'm glad she wasn't DLC. Before shelling out any amount of money for DLC, I want to see how much I actually enjoy the game. I'd imagine new stages would be what I'd be most interested in though Twili Midna certainly is an attractive incentive in addition to the stages.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »
I finally put some time into Hyrule Warriors last night when my brother stopped by. A few thoughts:

I'll probably never play this game alone. It didn't seem fun enough to do so. As a co-op game, it's pretty good. Not great, but definitely not bad.

The camera is pretty awful. Centering the camera behind your character works in regular Zelda games because they're typically pretty slow. An action game as fast as Hyrule Warriors could stand to have a much smarter camera. The only thing preventing this from being stupidly annoying is the fact that thus far, the enemies don't really do much.

The game moves so fast at times, causing the camera to "bounce" (particularly when running) that it creates the same problem I have with first person shooters. I get that headache where it hurts behind my eyes. The difference is that once I stop and start slashing at enemies, I don't really have to worry about it. Since the game is mostly about mowing through enemies, I can deal.

I got as far as the part where the party splits before I called it a night. My brother played Adventure Mode until he couldn't advance any further then forged ahead in the story mode, unlocking the character I really wanted (no points awarded for guessing who). Each stage takes a decent amount of time to complete, much longer than I expected. I consider this a good thing. With four announced DLC packs, I was a bit worried that the game was short on content. Thus far, this does not seem to be the case.

Nintendo/Koei Tecmo are really trying the whole "Who is Sheik?" reveal. Okay. It isn't like Zelda was playing a harp in the middle of Hyrule Field in the opening cinematic (inexplicably) or anything... Or that everyone knows who Sheik is. Unless they go in a completely different direction, this is the weakest plot twist since Sheik's reveal in Ocarina of Time.

The lack of voice acting during gameplay is annoying and baffling. I'm supposed to stop and read in the middle of the game. Get the **** out of here. Link still doesn't even talk since they gave him another fairy. It also doesn't make sense in this game because the whole Link-is-an-avatar-for-the-player thing doesn't apply since there are multiple playable characters. Even more bizarre is the voice narration. While I'd prefer voice acting all around, if given the choice, I'd rather read between stages when I'm not doing anything else than have text block my screen and while trying to glance between gameplay and text. Why is this even a thing? If Nintendo is going to change the series this much, to the point where it's barely a Zelda game anymore, stop holding onto old series tropes.

Ultimately, I'm not disappointed. Hyrule Warriors lacks polish which is strange for a Nintendo game (especially Zelda) but not for a Koei Tecmo game. I'm considering the DLC packs, but I'll see how far I get tonight. I read that you can buy all the packs together at a discount.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:24:09 AM by Adrock »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
Gotta multitask! Read AND fight grunts!

Nice impressions, Adrock!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2L8Cfafrvc

3DS!

With Tetra and King of Red Lions
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
And you can transfer them over to the Wii U version!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2015, 11:47:58 AM »
OMG! I called it last night. This makes me happy, not for this game but for the other games on that list. Best e3 in 10 years, maybe ever!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
If the 3DS version is just a port of the Wii U game with more characters I am going to be hella pissed. I am not paying that much for a character transfer.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2015, 01:27:16 AM »
If the 3DS version is just a port of the Wii U game with more characters I am going to be hella pissed. I am not paying that much for a character transfer.

I'm holding out that those characters become DLC for for the Wii U version.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
They would be silly to not do it. Release the 3DS version then offer the characters as DLC for the Wii U crowd.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »
The King of Red Lions looks like a lot of fun. Fingers crossed for Wii U DLC. Also, I forgot how awesome Midna is in this game.