Author Topic: Who's excited for Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 115588 times)

Offline Ras

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Re: Who's excited for Animal Crossing: New Leaf
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2013, 03:33:19 AM »
So, I just did some reading, and the only way to get homes in the HHS are through Streetpass?  I drove around with my 3DS yesterday and picked up a couple, but I thought I got them from adding some FC here (I happened to add two people right before I discovered I had two people in my HHS).  I guess I'll have to drive around with my 3DS some more. 

Is there a way to share the houses?  This one I got has a main room that is gorgeous.  I'll try to take a screenshot lately.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
I'm looking for more 3DS friends to play Animal Crossing with. My friend code is 4597-0176-3500, and my name is Anthony.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »
So, I just did some reading, and the only way to get homes in the HHS are through Streetpass?  I drove around with my 3DS yesterday and picked up a couple, but I thought I got them from adding some FC here (I happened to add two people right before I discovered I had two people in my HHS).  I guess I'll have to drive around with my 3DS some more. 

Is there a way to share the houses?  This one I got has a main room that is gorgeous.  I'll try to take a screenshot lately.

in the US/EU they are being released through spotpass as well
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/17/animal-crossing-new-leaf-has-an-extra-feature-in-the-u-s-and-europe/

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »
Thanks to Mr. Hutt I have the Blue Falcon and Peach Parasol.

I need now:

Mario Wallpaper (whatever that may be called)
1up Mushroom
Mushroom
Varia Boots
Hero's Pants
Fi Mask
Triple Shells
Triforce

I have to offer:

Bill Blaster
Kart
Midna's Mask
Samus Mask
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ras

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
in the US/EU they are being released through spotpass
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/17/animal-crossing-new-leaf-has-an-extra-feature-in-the-u-s-and-europe/

Thanks for the link.  Before I read that, I drove around with my 3DS all day and was sad I didn't get a single hit.  Now I see I just need to be patient.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »
Phil: I have extras of the 1-up mushroom and triple shells. Did you still need the Mario block flooring? I'll trade for Midna's Mask, or even just a chance to catalog some of your furniture (you have the modern wood furniture?) If Insanolord wants the Bill Blaster, maybe I'll let him trade his 1up shroom for it and I'll trade the triple shells.

Pokepal, did you still need a fire flower, exotic wall shelf, or exotic carpet?

in the US/EU they are being released through spotpass

Thanks for the link.  Before I read that, I drove around with my 3DS all day and was sad I didn't get a single hit.  Now I see I just need to be patient.

Ras: To clarify a bit just in case, you do get homes in the HHS through both street passes and spot passes. I've had about 10 or so street passes and 4 spot passes (Reggie, Krys, Rich, and DY). It's been a really handy way to get furniture.

Oh and you asked on the previous page about visiting between towns - you may have figured it out already by now, but you have to open your gate at the train station to let people in (faraway: online; nearby: local). That is the only time people can come into your town (there is the Dream Suite, but that's something else…). If you want to go to someone else's town, tell the monkey you want to go visit another town, and hope that someone has their gates open. If you register someone as a best friend (you do this when in someone else's town, or when they are in your town) you can then see when they are online, and a notification ("I am online") will go out when they log in. You can also message them while they are in their own town, which can be pretty handy.

I haven't been playing online much lately. Too focused on making those bells! I also have a lot of junk sitting on the ground and don't want people to steal it!

Oh yeah, I have the Best Buy exclusive racoon clock, and will soon get the cat tower if anyone wants to catalog them. They are order-able through T&T.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »
good,  I don't have a bestbuy in town

Offline Ras

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2013, 04:17:26 AM »
Dan, thanks for the info.  I wasn't sure how I got my first two, since I got them right after taking my 3DS on a tour of the city, but I see that I definitely got them from Spotpass, as I have Krys and DY.  Krys's is the beautiful main room I was talking about, and now I won't try to get screenshots since she was Spotpassed to "everyone."  I'm still hoping to get Reggie.

Thanks to some furniture from Krys and DY, my house is not looking too bad.  Bree liked it when she visited.   ;)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
i love how people are complaining about people who have gyroid basements and nintendo/balloon themed rooms in their streetpass homes

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:36 PM »
I just sold off my gyroids. They were in the way and I couldn't see anything constructive coming out of them so I just sold them off. I've seen a lot of houses and I've seen more NIntendo houses than anything else and it can be annoying I guess, but I set a different requirement for houses. If the score isn't around my HHA score or higher then I'm actually not going to look at it. I can guess what they have and a lot of times I'm right. A higher score simply means more variety, a complete set or a theme in multiple rooms. People who have Nintendo rooms won't actually have a very high score so I've been seeing less of them.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »
i've pretty much stopped caring about the HHA now that i have the gold trophy..

i jumped to 100k with a complete exotic set (-carpet) and said screw it.

right now i have all of the mario items in the back room and a few more spread about where appropriate(the virtual boy and balance board are in the basement, i made fun of the room where i put the blue series by putting my blue falcon in there, i have a heroes outfit on one of the mannequins that i use occasionally

generally though i rely heavily on feng shui when choosing how to display stuff and the triforce is insane in that regard(x2 yellow and a lucky bonus on top of that). alot of other nintendo items are also simply filled with reds and greens

right now i'm working on displaying the house the way i want to, feng shui brings some in game bonus's so i will follow that but otherwise screw the HHA

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »
Since getting them game I've been focusing on my village and the Museum and therefore haven't even engaged with any of the HHA stuff. In fact, my home is pretty much used as a giant cupboard that holds all my stuff, with no rhyme of reason.

I plan to eventually create a bar in my basement, and a games room upstairs, but having everything be part of the same collection or all my items and furniture plastered with the same colour doesn't seem all that appealing to me.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
I created a second character, mostly for extra storage, but I've decided to use his house to display all my Nintendo paraphernalia. My only real issue is there's no easy way to transfer items between the two; I basically just have to dump stuff out in front of the other character's house.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »
I created a second character, mostly for extra storage, but I've decided to use his house to display all my Nintendo paraphernalia. My only real issue is there's no easy way to transfer items between the two; I basically just have to dump stuff out in front of the other character's house.
I think you could put all the items in a cabinet in your house or in the train station locker and then access them from another cabinet in the other house. Makes it slightly easier (in theory). You would have to use the same character when placing the items in the cabinet and retrieving them, which may impinge upon your idea that the second character was for storage.

Come to think of it, I am not sure this trick will work if you are accessing a cabinet that is not in your own house (or the train station)
hmmm...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
The cabinet for the second player is separate from the cabinet for the first, which is basically the whole reason I did this as I was running out of room in mine.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »
I know but if you placed items in your player 1 cabinet, can you access them (as player 1) from a cabinet in player 2's house? That's all I am thinking.
I wonder if it would make a difference if player 1 placed the cabinet in player 2's house?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
I don't think that would work. First off, I'm almost positive you can't place furniture in other people's houses, and I don't think player 2 could ever be inside player 1's house since player 1 by definition can't be there with him.

J.P. Corbran

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
You can also send the items via letter, though that takes a few hours
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
I think I'll just stick with the current way. Everything else is even more of a hassle. It may not be elegant, but it's quick and easy.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »
It would be nice to allow items placed outside. Then you could just set a cabinet down outside the other players house and dump to your hearts content without the running back and forth. Plus why do they give you camping equipment if you can't take the tent outside and place it?

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Can you place stuff on tables in this game? I have tried but so far, I can't do it. Why can't I put an alarm clock on a table, or a lamp?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:57 PM »
You should be able to. You could in previous games and I've seen villagers in my town with things on the tables in their houses.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
you absolutely can but the system for doing so can be a bit fussy.

especially if you want the object on the table facing a certain way

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »
My brother has turnips going for 557 in his town today. His retails closes in about 2.5 hours. I can facilitate any last minute friend requests if necessary. His char's name is Sunny and the town is B. Spring !
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:38:52 PM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2013, 03:37:29 PM »
ok i grabbed my two fortune cookies and they both were bill cannons(which i finally got one the other day) #comeon