Author Topic: Nintendo Reveals Two New Titles and Upcoming Release Schedule  (Read 24295 times)

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Reveals Two New Titles and Upcoming Release Schedule
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
Maybe the "bot" with the soccer ball just actually dribbles the ball in front of it. Like, it's a robotic racing soccer player.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »
I was trying to imagine some form of bot that's suitable for racing. These animal shapes and the presence of the football worry me though, one of the things I liked about Excite Truck was that there were no real weapons so it was more about the physics of your vehicle than random barrages of items.

The shapes are just to give the vehicles some character, which is why it strongly reminds me of Stunt Race FX.

The ball may be an item, or a ball-shaped robot (okay, probably not with this theme).  It's an odd enough choice for an attack item to make me suspect some sort of ball-kicking mode instead, either for tricks or just straight up soccer, at least as straight up as soccer with racing robots can be.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
I was trying to imagine some form of bot that's suitable for racing. These animal shapes and the presence of the football worry me though, one of the things I liked about Excite Truck was that there were no real weapons so it was more about the physics of your vehicle than random barrages of items.

The shapes are just to give the vehicles some character, which is why it strongly reminds me of Stunt Race FX.

The ball may be an item, or a ball-shaped robot (okay, probably not with this theme).  It's an odd enough choice for an attack item to make me suspect some sort of ball-kicking mode instead, either for tricks or just straight up soccer, at least as straight up as soccer with racing robots can be.

I thought the game is confirmed to have mini games, so perhaps theres a soccer mode... like the one Excitebike 64 had which was a fucking blast to play!

i seriously hate this generation becuase mini-games have such a bad stigma behind them. Am i the only one who thought the mini-games in that one were kick ass? I loved playing a friend in soccer, and loved the challenge of the mounting climbing one, it was so much fun!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2009, 06:37:29 PM »
I don't remember the soccer mode in Excitebike 64.  I just played the desert race over and over again.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »
That bat bot sure looks ready to kick ass.

Oh, and classic NES controls for Punch-Out are confirmed.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
The game looks a lot like Wipeout when it comes to vehicle designs.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2009, 07:45:57 PM »
Huh? Wipeout vehicles do not have wheels, and they do not look like animalz, nor do they have any relation to bots.
I would like to know what made you think that the vehicle designs between Wipeout and Excitebots have any correlation.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
I thought the game is confirmed to have mini games, so perhaps theres a soccer mode... like the one Excitebike 64 had which was a fucking blast to play! i seriously hate this generation becuase mini-games have such a bad stigma behind them. Am i the only one who thought the mini-games in that one were kick ass? I loved playing a friend in soccer, and loved the challenge of the mounting climbing one, it was so much fun!
I'd just like to give a "hecks yeah!" to this. ExciteBike 64 is awesome, it's not only the best bike racer but also one of the best racing games ever conceived. My sister and I loved to play the Hill Climb level backwards, it was fun to see who could make it down first... and who could cause the most excellent crash at the end!

If this ExciteBots game is going to take pages from ExciteBike 64 (which I hope it does) then I also hope to see a track editor this time around.

Who hates minigames? Sometimes the minigames grab me more than the main game; I've probably spent more time playing the minigames of Mario Super Sluggers than I have the actual baseball games.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/images/wipeout-pulse-05.jpg

http://www.wiids.nl/files/Excitebots_Exclusive_11.jpg

Yeah I know these have wheels but I mean the futuristic design.Not to mention even the flame coming out of the back is the same color.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:57:02 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

Yeah I know these have wheels but I mean the futuristic design.Not to mention even the flame coming out of the back is the same color.

You know you just opened a can of worms in putting those pix side by side right??   8)
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »

You know you just opened a can of worms in putting those pix side by side right??   8)

Don't care, it was just a quick observation I made regarding some of the vehicle designs.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:49 PM »
Ah yes. I see what you mean. I don't feel the connection, but I understand what you were saying.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
I'd play Excite Truck over any Wipeout game. I actually am kind of excited to see what they do with the futuristic robot designs. Not to mention it has been in development since Excite Truck!

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2009, 08:21:07 PM »
That bat bot sure looks ready to kick ass.

The racing turtle-bot has a ...tambourine?
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
I'm also excited to see what they can muster out of this re-envisioning of Excite Truck too.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
I'd play Excite Truck over any Wipeout game. I actually am kind of excited to see what they do with the futuristic robot designs. Not to mention it has been in development since Excite Truck!

Now that Wipeout HD has Sixaxis support, I actually play them both at the same time.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »
I don't remember the soccer mode in Excitebike 64.  I just played the desert race over and over again.

well you suck, but not as hard as the interweb does for not helping me find a SINGLE screen or video of this mode. It was fun. Its you and another player in a giant soccer feild, with a giant soccer ball in the middle. The game starts and you race to take control of the ball, and since you're on a bike, its pretty hectic controlling the ball. H it it to fast and the ball goes flying, so you race your friend to it but oh no! He cuts in front of you and causes you to bail, giving him plenty of time to hit the ball close to your net!
You race back to catch him doing a wheelie to roll the ball gently into your goal for a score, and you laugh and laugh at how awesome it is you're playing soccer on a motorcycle lol

I thought the game is confirmed to have mini games, so perhaps theres a soccer mode... like the one Excitebike 64 had which was a fucking blast to play! i seriously hate this generation becuase mini-games have such a bad stigma behind them. Am i the only one who thought the mini-games in that one were kick ass? I loved playing a friend in soccer, and loved the challenge of the mounting climbing one, it was so much fun!
I'd just like to give a "hecks yeah!" to this. ExciteBike 64 is awesome, it's not only the best bike racer but also one of the best racing games ever conceived. My sister and I loved to play the Hill Climb level backwards, it was fun to see who could make it down first... and who could cause the most excellent crash at the end!

If this ExciteBots game is going to take pages from ExciteBike 64 (which I hope it does) then I also hope to see a track editor this time around.

Who hates minigames? Sometimes the minigames grab me more than the main game; I've probably spent more time playing the minigames of Mario Super Sluggers than I have the actual baseball games.

HECK YEAH right back atcha buddy, this game rocked! My only regret is never having been able to unlock the "excite" mode, where they recreat the type of levels found in the original game in glorious N64 3d!! Man.. i should really dust off again..
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
ign64 should have vids.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2009, 10:30:07 PM »
That scenery does look like 1080 64
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.