Author Topic: REAL TALK: The amount of negativity here has gotten absurd.  (Read 25690 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: REAL TALK: The amount of negativity here has gotten absurd.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »
There should be no surprise as there's more negativity when Nintendo does not do as well in the marketplace or their current platform(s) flounder(s). I used to be real bad as a poster. Not here, but other places. I know now that a lot of it was because I was bipolar and unmedicated, but some of it was pure immaturity.

I'd like to think I've grown out being a dick online, but sometimes it's hard to realize that people are being mean to you because they have anonymity or just want to hurt your feelings. Sometimes you take that stuff to heart. When I left the NWR staff, I was not in a good frame of mind, but now I'm much better.

Anyway, all I know is that I love Nintendo. They're my favorite publisher, but they do a lot of things wrong. I will state when they are doing something I don't agree with or something that is stupid to me. However, I don't want to voice my perceived negativity in a way that is condescending to other posters. I think that's a problem: how you word your argument. You can be passionate, but don't resort to talking down to the person you're communicating with. I'm not always the best at this, and it's easier said than done.

I'm just rambling, so sorry if none of the aforementioned posting makes sense.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
**** all y'all. I don't discriminate. I hate each and every one of you with an equal burning passion. You are all miserable, mewling little pukes.

Now that that is out of the way, who wants my Animal Crossing Balloon Furniture? I have a sofa, table, chair and lamp. I'm tired of them and would happy to give them away because I like making people happy. If you have something to trade, that'd be nice too.

Nobody wants balloon furniture.  That stuff is the worst.  God, you're such a terrible poster.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
Hey now! This is REAL TALK. We try to make this a welcoming environment with no jokes allowed so I think you should just get the hell out of here.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
**** all y'all. I don't discriminate. I hate each and every one of you with an equal burning passion. You are all miserable, mewling little pukes.

Now that that is out of the way, who wants my Animal Crossing Balloon Furniture? I have a sofa, table, chair and lamp. I'm tired of them and would happy to give them away because I like making people happy. If you have something to trade, that'd be nice too.

Nobody wants balloon furniture.  That stuff is the worst.  God, you're such a terrible poster.
I agree. God is a terrible poster. He barely comes in here anymore, the douche-bag.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
Hey now! This is REAL TALK. We try to make this a welcoming environment with no jokes allowed so I think you should just get the hell out of here.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Time to get my masterplan underway.........
Made you look ****.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 09:50:51 AM »
I was searching for something else when I came across a post from awhile back.

In particular, I loved a reply from BlackNMild.  I think it sums up a lot about the forum.
This is a place for die hards and fairweather fans alike. There are also plenty of people that just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something, and each and everyone of them are more than welcome to come here and converse about all things Nintendo and whatever other topics may come up too (within forum guidelines).

We may not all agree and we may not all like each other from time to time, but that doesn't mean we can't all share our opinions in a civilized manner in a centralized place.

The last thing we want is to become an echo chamber of fanboys with hive mentality that will chase off differing opinions just because they don't fall in with the pre-established line of thought.

We are a community of different people with different likes and dis-likes.  As long as you keep it respectful and within guidelines, you should be able to discuss whatever topic is at hand. And just because some people critique far more often than they praise, doesn't mean they didn't have a few good points somewhere in there. We not all here just to pile praise ontop of more praise and blindly ignore any faults. We are here to have discussions, and that is kinda hard to do without opposing opinions.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »
I agree. God is a terrible poster. He barely comes in here anymore, the douche-bag.

I know! right? Did you catch his Deuteronomy post? Complete nonsense!
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
Yes.  I'm a sick, sick man, I know.

*brofist*

I've got like 60+ Skylanders....
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
You only have 60 and you dare try to "brofist" me?  You're not even worthy!

:D :D :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »
And you have no aura to be worthy!
Made you look ****.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
Can we count my wife Digital collection as well.  She has all but 1 variant digital. (Easter Pop Fizz)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
No.  Just because I don't have an iOS device, so those digital variants are off limits to me. :(

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
I was going to count my Skylanders collection, but I'd rather not revisit how much I have blown on those games until Swap Force comes out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
Mine are in a spreadsheet... ;)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
I've got everyone but a couple in the new series minus a good amount of variants but, I do have every one of the Babies.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
I have every standard release figure, including the various retailer variants.  Out of the super-rare exclusives and chase figures, I only have the Toy Fair Cynder and S1 Flocked Stump Smash.

I've got everything released so far - the only things I need to finish my Giants collection (short of any other weird announcements) is LightCore Hex (which will come with my pre-order), Pumpkin Eye Brawl (who should be out next weekish) and a boxed Jet-Vac (which Dasmos is getting me from AU).

Just got a boxed Punch Pop Fizz from GAME in the UK.  Waiting on the last two Sidekicks from my second set to arrive.

*Not* looking forward to what I end up spending next month.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 10:24:46 PM »
I am going to let this be my last post as I need to once again leave this place before I bring up too many of my old bad habits.

For those who were in the dark, I was animecyberrat, oh and segagamer12 in case you didn't knnow that also. I am now of the mind that this place is never going to be welcoming for me.

So long and good riddance I say. Whichever mod has the power to ban please do me the honors of making sure I never return to this cesspool.....
Can we get back on topic here... this is a serious issue.

Variety of opinions, fine by me... but we really need to work on welcoming new posters...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:33:16 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 03:40:33 AM »
But he isn't a new poster. Look up his two alts. He's been here since 2005.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
but most of us didn't know about them

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »
*shrug*  I know the problem I have is I don't really discriminate between a new and old poster.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

In particular, I loved a reply from BlackNMild.  I think it sums up a lot about the forum.
This is a place for die hards and fairweather fans alike. There are also plenty of people that just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something, and each and everyone of them are more than welcome to come here and converse about all things Nintendo and whatever other topics may come up too (within forum guidelines).

We may not all agree and we may not all like each other from time to time, but that doesn't mean we can't all share our opinions in a civilized manner in a centralized place.

The last thing we want is to become an echo chamber of fanboys with hive mentality that will chase off differing opinions just because they don't fall in with the pre-established line of thought.

We are a community of different people with different likes and dis-likes.  As long as you keep it respectful and within guidelines, you should be able to discuss whatever topic is at hand. And just because some people critique far more often than they praise, doesn't mean they didn't have a few good points somewhere in there. We not all here just to pile praise ontop of more praise and blindly ignore any faults. We are here to have discussions, and that is kinda hard to do without opposing opinions.

Wow. I guess I have my moments.
and after reading it, I do remember typing that out, but that was only 2 years ago.

can I applaud myself? I feel that was a well put post and wish to applaud my past self for having a moment of articulated clarity.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »

Wow. I guess I have my moments.
and after reading it, I do remember typing that out, but that was only 2 years ago.

can I applaud myself? I feel that was a well put post and wish to applaud my past self for having a moment of articulated clarity.
There ya go.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
speaking of negativity, Unclebob has been picking on me for a while!
Made you look ****.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
Where, exactly, have I picked on you?