Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1590546 times)

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #4500 on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
You must really hate Reggie, if you have so much time dedicated to hating on him. Me? He's my boyfriend.

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
I don't hate your boyfriend.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: October 11, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »
How else does he answer it?  He basically said he can't answer it until the future consoles actually officially exist and they can see what they are up against.  So he tells them to wait until this competition is actually started before he will answer it for real.

And even then, he'll say look at all the games they have released already and the ones they have planned for the near future and that is how they will combat the PS420.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: October 11, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
Still what does 19 times more powerful than PS3 even mean?

19 times more powerful than the PS3 when it comes to online security and protecting consumer information.
is your sanity...

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: October 11, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-what-is-inside-the-wii-u

Questions and Answers from Big N.  Also a few pics of inside the console. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »
According to Joystiq, "a triple A Square Enix" Wii U port is being worked on by Straight Right, who is currently handling the Mass Effect 3 port and an original IP for Wii U.

Joystiq puts Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, and Deus Ex: Human Evolution as likely candidates. My money is on Tomb Raider. It's the biggest name and the only one that has a chance of launching around the same time as the PS3/360 versions. Hitman: Absolution is set to release 2 days after Wii U, but I'd be surprised if a port was ready so close though a release months down the line for the Wii U version isn't out of the question. I mean, same goes with Tomb Raider, but a least it's like 5-6 months from release which gives Straight Right a bit more time. It would be beneficial to launch as close as possible.

I suppose there's a possibility it's the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy with Lightning Returns pending release, but that's a lot work. Then again, they could just port Lightning Returns to somewhat match the ridiculousness of just porting the last part of a 3 part story like Mass Effect 3...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:50:30 AM by Adrock »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: October 15, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »
There were also rumors of Tomb Raider coming to Wii U back around E3. I remember typing up an article about them in my exhausted and sleep-deprived state at our hotel.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: October 15, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Earlier this year, Crystal Dynamics denied that a Wii U port was being made, but it's possible they meant they weren't working on it which falls in line with this news story or that a decision was made afterwards. That was back in January and I remember the rumors around E3. Things can change. Joystiq didn't list this as a rumor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:29:53 AM by Adrock »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: October 15, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
Joystiq, frankly, doesn't have as high journalistic standards as we do.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: October 15, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
Joystiq was the 1st place I saw the news. If you weren't slacking and reported this earlier, I would have to cheat on NWR to get my Nintendo news. This is your fault. I also blame BlackNMild and Caterkiller.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
So some info has surfaced on the Gamestop listing for the Wii U Pro controller.

Good News:  It lasts up to 80 hours on a single charge.
Bad News:  Not backwards compatible w/ Wii, meaning it can't function as a CCP.

Knew I shouldn't have passed on that Goldeneye CCP.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-black/104811

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4512 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
Well, duh. I don't think anyone thought or expected the Wii U Pro Controller to work with the Wii. It's like expecting the Wii U GamePad to work on the Wii.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: October 15, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »
Well, duh. I don't think anyone thought or expected the Wii U Pro Controller to work with the Wii. It's like expecting the Wii U GamePad to work on the Wii.

I wouldn't expect it to work on the Wii but it SHOULD work when playing VC games on the Wii U.  All this "running in Wii mode" stuff about the VC is a technical limitation that doesn't really need to be there and is not something the typical consumer would buy as a worthwhile excuse.  Any consumer would expect the Wii U Pro Controller to be able to run VC games, particularly if they bought a VC game on their Wii U.  If you have to use the Wii CC to play VC games on the Wii U that is super duper lame.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4514 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »
That is not what peanut was saying though, he was talking about using the Pro Controller on the Wii  itself.

As for Wii mode on Wii U, I think it's a safe bet that Nintendo will release updates to those games over time. The fact that every VC game uses its own emulator is what makes it hard to just do one update to make them all work.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: October 15, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
80 hours on a single charge? Mother of... That's jawesome.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: October 16, 2012, 01:08:11 AM »
Bad News:  Not backwards compatible w/ Wii, meaning it can't function as a CCP.
Ahaha, i guess i am not buying it anytime soon.

Unless they will force me to by not including CCP support in newer games... Which they might...

I have my CCP Pro and simply see no reason to get this anyway.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4517 on: October 16, 2012, 01:25:08 AM »
There is no real reason for developers to really support the CCP. The Wii U Pro Controler has more functions (and is beneficial to consumers by not requiring them to have it connected to a Wii Remote, which also wastes batteries). I know at least 1 Wii U game that will support the CCP: Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: October 16, 2012, 01:33:02 AM »
There is no real reason for developers to really support the CCP.
Expect for people who have it.

The Wii U Pro Controler has more functions
Like what?.. Rumble? Oh, and clickable sticks i guess...

Still forcing people to buy that by removing CPP support would be dickish.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4519 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »
For Wii U games, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect developers to support the Wii U Pro Controller but not the Classic Controller Pro. It's not at all dickish to have people buy the new controller to buy the new games, and it's not removing anything since it will still be supported for Wii games. If anything, Nintendo is being generous by even letting developers add support for the CCP in Wii U games.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
80 hours on a single charge? Mother of... That's jawesome.
Reminds me of the Wavebird's battery life.  That was listed as 100 hours.  I still don't think I've ever changed the batteries on that thing.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: October 16, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
The Wavebird had a pretty generous battery life, but I don't remember it lasting 80 hours. The Dual Shock 3 definitely doesn't touch that number. I can't wait to try the Pro Controller.

On a semi-related note, has it been confirmed if the Pro Controller has an accelerometer and gyroscope? I doubt it or that many games would use them on the Pro Controller, but the parts are inexpensive so it would be nice to include just in case.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:04 PM »
That is not what peanut was saying though, he was talking about using the Pro Controller on the Wii  itself.

No, I wasn't.  I was talking about it working with CCP-compatible Wii games on the Wii U.  I guess I should've specified that a bit more as "Wii games" instead of just saying "Wii" and assuming you'd know I meant "Wii Mode." (This wasn't a flip-flop, this is actually what I meant).  Sure it was something that really shouldn't have been expected since the announcement that the Gamepad wouldn't do this (it's the exact point I started expressing doubt that the U Pro would function as a CCP).  Still, it's in no way a dealbreaker, and anyone who would is a moron.  For Mario's sake, Nintendo has already made the Wiimote+Nunchuck forwards-compatible!!!

As for the VC games, I'm sure they'll be reintroduced on the Wii U with U Pro compatibility (all the while allowing Wii-purchased VC games to be played w/ the CCP on Wii U).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:52 PM »
Nintendo are usually conservative with their numbers, so if that info actually comes from Nintendo then I'd think it'd be accurate. My Classic Controller can go for 60 hours or more on 2 rechargeable AAs, so 80 seems believable to me if it has its own special battery.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »
Iwate Asks on the Gamepad, haven't read it yet.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/gamepad/0/0
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn