Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 110213 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #400 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »
Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania shoots its load all over you?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2012, 12:56:18 AM »
It would be hilarious if they worked this into the Aces & Eights storyline on tomorrow night's episode impact. Imagine Aces and Eights interrupting Hogan and  showing up on the screen and showing off part of the sextape and then saying "checkmate Hogan".

That would be so awesome if they did that, but they probably won't even acknowledge it at all.
is your sanity...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 11, 2012, 05:14:04 AM »
Apparently CM Punk decked some fan in the audience and now the fan is taking legal action. Needless to say Vince is irate. Perhaps Punk will be fired? Or at the very least stripped of the title and fined I would think.
is your sanity...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #403 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:40 AM »
Fan's not pressing charges, Punk holds the title until January when he drops it to Dwayne for no readily apparent reason.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #404 on: October 11, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Man, I really wish Punk would drop the conceited, holier than thou attitude he has and come wrestle for Impact. I'd kill to see a Aries vs. Punk match. Or even Roode vs. Punk. That'd be good, too. Same goes for Bryan Danielson...I hate that he's a WWE wrestler. Drives me crazy.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #405 on: October 11, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
LOL, why would he want to go to TNA? Like it or not, WWE is the top organization the world and Punk (who is easily one of the best in the world, if not THE best) should compete in the top wrestling organization. Punk makes a ton of of money in WWE and wrestles in front of thousands of fans even at house shows (Impact Zone only holds about 900 and most TNA house shows get less than 500 people). And Daniel Bryan (please use his correct ring name) is also a bigger star now than he ever was in the indies, plus WWE has helped him develop a personality and he is one of the top stars in WWE.

BTW, CM Punk and Austin Aries have already faced each other several times before (Punk's last match in ROH was challenging Aries for the ROH Championship) and this 40 minute match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXAk2L74zxo
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #406 on: October 11, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »
Punk wrestled for TNA back in the early days (2003-04) and clearly didn't enjoy the experience. Bryan was probably making more in Japan/ROH.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #407 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »
Bryan wasn't making more. In fact, when he signed with WWE he specifically said he did so because he wanted to make as much money as he can before he retires and his body is too broken down to work for WWE.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
LOL, why would he want to go to TNA? Like it or not, WWE is the top organization the world and Punk (who is easily one of the best in the world, if not THE best) should compete in the top wrestling organization.

If he were fired by Vince TNA is the next best thing. But with that said Vince probably won't fire him. Just like why he didn't fire Orton for drug violations. WWE's top tier wrestlers know they can get away with a lot of stuff because Vince doesn't want to fire them, because he knows if he does they will just go over to TNA and it will embarrass him. Mid or low tier wrestlers or female wrestlers don't matter to Vince. That's why TNA has picked up Gail Kim, Chavo, and perhaps Gallows and others. Vince fired them because they weren't top talent. But someone like Punk or Orton will probably never get fired no matter how much crap they pull.

Also, some wrestlers might find it better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. You see what I'm saying? A lot of wrestlers in TNA are there by choice, like Sting for example. Sting had the opportunity to go to WWE and was invited by Vince but he turned it down because he was worried about what would be done with his character. Some wrestlers aren't all about the money. Some care about the integrity of their character. From what I understand in TNA the wrestlers are given a lot more independence and creative freedom with their character and the storylines they are involved in.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:05:05 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2012, 11:08:33 AM »
Orton wasn't fired because it was only his second violation of the Wellness Policy. If he violates it again (Mysterio is in the same boat), then he will be fired. And wrestlers going to TNA won't embarrass him. TNA is happy to accept drug addicts and they have no testing. Most WWE wrestlers who have gone to TNA said they were happy at first, but it quickly soured. WWE has released top stars before, the biggest example was Kurt Angle (because he refused to enter rehab for his painkiller addiction). Sting not about the money? Is that why he is one of the highest paid wrestlers in TNA (I know at one point he was the highest for sure) despite never being more than part time? The majority of TNA wrestlers are only paid when they are used by TNA (only the top stars have guaranteed contracts), meaning many of them have to rely on wrestling in indie organizations just to make enough money to survive. Right now most of the knockouts are unhappy because the current booker is Bruce Prichard and it is not a secret that he doesn't like women's wrestling and is why they have had such a reduced told (and why Winter, Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky have left this year; and ones like Mickie James and Gail Kim have had reduced roles). The X Division has never had a smaller role in the companies history, and even the tag team division is pretty pathetic.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 24, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »
So, I've officially given up on wrestling. I've stopped watching it several times before, but now that RAW has become 3 hours it feels like a chore. I will watch Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, but I've taken RAW off of the DVR schedule. If Stone Cold Steve Austin comes back, I'll get back into it, but it's just so lame now...and I'm 31.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
So, CM Punk is the longest reigning WWE Champion in the last 24 years. His current reign is 387 days, longer than anyone since Hulk Hogan's first reign from 1984-1988 (1,474 days). That is very nice. No more hotshotting the title. I just hope WWE doesn't give the title to The Rock, he doesn't deserve it.

WWE is still good to watch.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »
So yeah, I was all set to hand Match of the Year to CM Punk/Daniel Bryan from May.

Then the TLC match happened. Hachie machie.

I'm going to have to rewatch it tomorrow, and I suggest you find a way to watch it.
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
Which one?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Which one?

There was only one TLC match (like how there is only one Royal Rumble match). The Shield vs. Team Hell No and Ryback. I haven't seen the PPV, but everyone seems to be saying it was the best match of the night (Pro Wrestling Torch even gave it 4 out of 4 stars).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
So it was Goldberg, Kane, and Daniel Bryan vs the nWo...nice.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2013, 10:11:31 PM »
Nice to see Chris Jericho show up.

John Cena winning the rumble is a facepalm. At least we can expect his title match at Wrestlemania to last more than 18 seconds because WWE can't waste a Cena match.

I have a feeling CM Punk is going to lose the WWE Title to The Rock so Cena can win his 3985645287th title in April. I don't hate Cena. I just think that the way they use him is predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing CM Punk vs Cena at Wrestlemania though. They typically put on good matches.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
Forgot all about it because I stopped watching WWE, watching the end of Rock vs Punk though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »
Wow. Never thought I'd see that ending.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
That was a terrible ending.

EDIT: Wait... That was better, but I was still hoping CM Punk would win. Odd that a part-timer is now champ.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:48:07 PM by Adrock »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »
Or that.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #421 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:01 PM »
Mania better have one damn hot undercard, because I'll be Laytoning my way through the main event for the second year in a row. And it'll be even worse now that Helen Keller can see the ending coming.
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
I would rather not have the match at all than have Rock vs Cena again (especially with the obvious outcome).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 28, 2013, 02:00:06 AM »
Punk's streak vs. Undertaker's streak would have been an awesome Wrestlemania main event. The Undertaker's streak match has been 1 of the major matches of Wrestlemania and it would be a title match. The problem is that Undertaker only wrestles 1 match a year now and giving him the title because no wrestler wants to accept the responsibility of ending the streak puts WWE in a weird position. It also gives them 1 fewer match to hype up since they'd be combining 2 big matches.

Anyway, I wonder who Undertaker will face this year. There's CM Punk if he is out of the title race for now. There's Chris Jericho if he is back for more than a 1 off appearance at the Royal Rumble. It looks like he'll be in a feud with Dolph Ziggler. They can't both lose so that could be interesting. Ziggler still has the Money in the Bank case so maybe they'll have Jericho do something else. Assuming Undertaker even has a match, I'd really like to see him wrestle someone he hasn't wrestled at Wrestlemania before considering we had 2 years of Shawn Michaels followed by 2 years of Triple H.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »
For months it has been rumored that Punk vs. Undertaker is planned, with that being one of the 4 matches WWE already has locked in place (along with Rock-Cena for the WWE Championship, and Triple H-Lesnar).