Author Topic: Final Fantasy CC publisher?  (Read 3230 times)

Offline FOX McLOUD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy CC publisher?
« on: January 08, 2004, 05:36:14 AM »
Ok, I thought that Nintendo was publishing the GC and GBA games made by SquarEnix. But now I see from Gamestop.com that it is published be SquareEnix.  What's the deal, I thought that SquareEnix was only a software developer, not a publisher.  Who is really going to publish SquareEnix's Nintendo titles? Is it Nintendo, or is it SquareEnix?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy CC publisher?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 06:12:07 AM »
Errr...They publish too, but I believe Ninty published FF:CC...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy CC publisher?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 09:15:35 AM »
Squarenix has the money to publish their games, so they probably will sometimes.  The GCN isn't  a proven success with RPGs so I guess they let Nint publish them.  I thought they were publishing CC too...

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 09:42:43 AM »
I'm not too worried about either of them publishing it. I'm just glad that it's almost here! We haven't exactly been swamped with coverage, which makes it even more tantalizing. What is it? One more month or so?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 10:02:11 AM »
You know it's possible that Gamestop just f*cked up and the game, as previously assumed, is still being published by Nintendo.  In fact I'm quite sure of that.

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 10:17:29 AM »
I doubt it makes a difference of who the publisher is.

Oh, and is that you from ZU/TAU, Fox?  If it is, then what's up?  

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 11:40:29 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is publishing this.  It is being backed by money from Nintendo's Q Fund and, therefore, is probably being published by Nintendo.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 04:23:09 PM »
Nintendo is publishing this.  Nothing's changed.  It's all too obvious now with the bombardment of both mail and e-mail regarding the game I've gotten this week.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 05:54:48 PM »
lol on gamestop and eb games flyers..i see a ton of fuckups....like for the longest time a link to the past was coming to gamecube..they refered to a wind waker as alttp GC
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 05:25:22 AM »
But on FFTA, on the front of the box, it is marked as published by SquareEnix.  I thought that was supposed to be published by Nintendo to.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 05:28:47 AM »
Just because Square-Enix's logo is on there doesn't make them the publisher.  They were the developer so of course their logo is on there as well -- and I'm sure Nintendo knows that making that name prominent will catch people's attention.  Trust me, Nintendo has published FFTA, Sword of Mana, and now FFCC.  The only proof you really need is the advertising, which is the publisher's responsibility and has been coming directly from Nintendo.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 05:33:05 AM »
Also, I must say that I'm quite surprised the game is given a Teen rating.  I've played through most of it, and I don't see what makes it different than Zelda in terms of content.  It's being given a 7+ rating in Europe.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 05:33:27 AM »
Ok, if you say so.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 05:39:25 AM »
Ok, then don't take my word for it, check Nintendo's profile: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-1539
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 06:20:47 AM »
"I must say that I'm quite surprised the game is given a Teen rating. I've played through most of it, and I don't see what makes it different than Zelda in terms of content."

Zelda looks like a cartoon and Final Fantasy CC doesn't.  That's what I figure anyway.  Lately I find it's been much harder to get an 'E' rating.  Super Smash Bros Melee shouldn't be 'T' and neither should Midway Arcade Treasures or Star Fox Adventures.  It doesn't really matter though since 'T' is the best rating to get in terms of marketing.  It's a "cool" rating like 'M' but makes the game easier for kids to purchase.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2004, 06:32:31 AM »
That's because Ninty pays off the ESRB to get the Zelda games "E" ratings...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 06:40:01 AM »
I highly doubt Nintendo had to pay the ESRB for Wind Waker's rating.  I REALLY doubt it.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 10:28:09 AM »

Nintendo is publishing this. Nothing's changed. It's all too obvious now with the bombardment of both mail and e-mail regarding the game I've gotten this week.

Plus, FF CC isn't even listed under games in the Square Enix U.S.A website..  Square-Enix doesn't need to invest a  lot of money when they just list the game on their website( the max they could do), If I didn't know any better it's like Square wants the game to fail.
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2004, 11:04:03 AM »
"Plus, FF CC isn't even listed under games in the Square Enix U.S.A website.. Square-Enix doesn't need to invest a lot of money when they just list the game on their website( the max they could do), If I didn't know any better it's like Square wants the game to fail."

Maybe they just don't include games that haven't been released yet.  I doubt they want the game to fail but they probably don't care about it as much as the GBA games.  This title was designed pretty much in exchange for a GBA license.  Gamecube development is likely not anything they're going to show much more interest in anyway regardless of sales.  They're now pretty much run by Enix who is a real tight ass about being exclusive to the market leader.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2004, 11:35:21 AM »

Maybe they just don't include games that haven't been released yet. I doubt they want the game to fail but they probably don't care about it as much as the GBA games. This title was designed pretty much in exchange for a GBA license. Gamecube development is likely not anything they're going to show much more interest in anyway regardless of sales. They're now pretty much run by Enix who is a real tight ass about being exclusive to the market leader.

Hence " If I didn't know any better," I know Square doesn't want the game to fail, and I agree with you, they felt forced to make the game.  Square- Enix wasn't even involved with Sword of Mana, and it was developed bye Brownie Brown and Published by Nintendo.  This is part of a bigger problem we have all talked about before, but I dont want to get off topic.  I think Square was a tight ass before Enix

P.S. I like this game, and I'm going to buy it.  I'm just not blind to what's happening!  
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2004, 12:05:07 AM »
They have an agreement with Sony, that's why they had to make up a bogus studio to make FFCC and for the same reason they probably won't put it on their homepage. Officially FFCC isn't from Square.  

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2004, 12:23:09 AM »
And in the end you've got the same choice that you've had since the beginning of video games.

Play it or don't.

Nintendo's a powerhouse publisher, developer...whatever. And so are Square and Enix. Who cares who publishes it? Get it made, get it shipped and put it on the shelves so that I can get it into my Cube.

Simple as that.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2004, 03:16:26 PM »
I know this is a bit off topic but I'm guessing this game will sell like hotcakes. I just went to my local best buy to reserve it and get a gba link cable but when I got there they said they were sold out.  When I asked if any other stores had it they checked and told me none in the State had ANY left.  Hopefully this is a good sign

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2004, 10:46:28 PM »
If you go to any Walmart they'll most likely have 50 million copies. Stores like Best Buy and EB simply don't order enough, that's why they're always "sold out". They err on the side of "sell-through quantity" which is nice and safe for them. Nintendo will press more than enough copies to meet the demand.