Author Topic: Zelda: Collectors edition promo  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Anbesol

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda: Collectors edition promo
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:12:37 AM »
okay - as one of the gamecube custoemrs back when it was $150, i obviously didnt get teh free zelda: collectors edition title. so i had to do it the other way - purchasing two nintendo produced games - 1080: avalanche adn Mario Kart: double dash.  now, ive been searching throughout the nintendo website and i still quite dont understand exactly how im supposed to register and get it free.  do i just register teh games adn then theyll send me the zelda?  or do i have to do soemthing else?  

oh, and yes, im pretty new - i had a few posts on here before which were pretty uhm, bitter i guess.  sorry for that, fortunately i removed that stick from my arse

anyway, help would be much appreciated.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda: Collectors edition promo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 09:29:08 AM »
1- Go to Nintendo.com
2- Register for 'My Nintendo' (sign up now!)
3- then click on the link that says 'register products', there, put the codes you got on the cards.
And you're done!
Make sure to register a valid email address and mailing address so Nintendo can tell you when you are getting the disc and stuff.
I hope that was clear enough
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 10:29:41 AM »
Wait...so I DON'T need to register my Gamecube? Aw, jeez. And  I spent all that time emailing Ninty and cursing their damned site for not working and... *sigh* Well, now all I need is Mario and Luigi! Unless some freak actually doesn't like Zelda and wants to give me their PIN number so it doesn't go to waste...
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline ExtremeGcube

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:26:02 PM »
no you do register their gamecube at nintendo.com.  Follow this link . . . actually in the bottom right corner of the website is a place to register games. or click on the register products link at the top of the page. It's all pretty self explanatory on their website.  First you have to register yourself on the nintendo website and sign in then register the games after you register everything you need to register then you will get a message that says you will have everything requried for the bonus disc and you will recieve your zelda bonus disc in the mail.
The last temptation is the greatest treason To do the right deed for the wrong reason.  ~ T.S. Eliot

Offline RareWare

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 12:29:50 PM »
You might wanna wait, there site is having a lot of problems keeping up with demands at the moment.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda: Collectors edition promo
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 01:41:36 PM »
Yeah, so I've noticed. I've entered my code (and I KNOW it's the right one. I must have checked 40 times. ) and it says its invalid. But like you and now their site have said, they are getting overloaded with demand for the disk and they can't handle all the traffic. I have to wait for Christmas anyways so it's no biggie.

EDIT: Ok, now I am REALLY fed up with this site. Can someone give me an example of a code for their Gamecube that they used that worked? I don't know if I'm typing it in wrong or what, but I am MIFFED. <–––––That's me.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 01:48:11 PM »
FYI: It took approximately THREE DAYS to get my Zelda Disc after registering my games.  That's SERVICE.

Disclaimer - I live in Bothell, 20 minutes from Redmond, so your shipping times may (and likely WILL) vary.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 01:52:12 PM »
I live in South Carolina, which is almost completely opposite Redmond(heading diagonal down from left to right), and I got it in 5 days...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 03:20:02 PM »

Originally posted by: RickPowers
FYI: It took approximately THREE DAYS to get my Zelda Disc after registering my games.  That's SERVICE.

Disclaimer - I live in Bothell, 20 minutes from Redmond, so your shipping times may (and likely WILL) vary.

I went the Nintendo Power way and it says my disk shipped November 20, but i still haven't gotten mine. I live in New Jersey which is kind of far but thats still pretty long.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 03:37:42 PM »

Originally posted by: RickPowers

I've been waiting over a week...  (I live in northern Canada)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2003, 04:02:47 PM »
I still can't register my friggin cube and I have to wait til at least 4 days after Christmas...assuming I can register my precious.

EDIT: Ok, my code on my cube is
2 letters
8 numbers
and then a letter in a shaded box which they say to include

should I be putting spaces in or what, cause I am really getting fed up with this.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2003, 04:16:53 PM »
I just registered my two games (MarioKart and Mario & Luigi).  So, do they automatically send me my copy or do I have to do something else?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 04:25:23 PM »
"I just registered my two games (MarioKart and Mario & Luigi). So, do they automatically send me my copy or do I have to do something else?"

i think in a day or two you should get an email from nintendo saying that you qualified for the bonus disk and it will be sent soon- it should only take about 1-2 weeks
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2003, 05:34:59 AM »

Originally posted by: ib2kool4u912

I went the Nintendo Power way and it says my disk shipped November 20, but i still haven't gotten mine. I live in New Jersey which is kind of far but thats still pretty long.

Same here.  I was starting to worry, but if others are in the same boat, I'll wait it out a bit longer.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2003, 06:03:29 AM »
Well in the email I got, it said that it could take up to 2 weeks to get to me...So that's probably the problem...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 09:03:30 AM »
How does the bonus disk come?  Does it come by mail or by like UPS or FedEx?

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 11:04:02 AM »
If you don't get your disc tomorrow and you subscribed to Nintendo Power on the 17th you should call.  They shipped all the discs for the subscriptions out on the 20th and said if it doesn't come by the 5th to call up.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2003, 11:43:38 AM »
"FYI: It took approximately THREE DAYS to get my Zelda Disc after registering my games. That's SERVICE."

"I live in South Carolina, which is almost completely opposite Redmond(heading diagonal down from left to right), and I got it in 5 days... "

Me = jealous.

I'm in the same boat as Grey Ninja, waiting longer because of a man-made border.  It realistically only takes like 4-5 hours tops to get from Redmond to my house but like with new game releases I'm getting screwed.  When a Canadian has to wait longer for merchandise to make it past the border it means the terrorists are winning.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers