Author Topic: Zelda Bonus Disc....?  (Read 41769 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda Bonus Disc....?
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2003, 01:33:19 PM »
Eh, who told you this?
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ezaphlix

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2003, 01:43:48 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Have you actually gotten your disc or did you just get an email? There's a difference.

Well, it was just the e-mail (I only registered last night), but I can always hope...
If I want realism I'll go outside.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2003, 01:48:56 PM »
I hope you do, because it mgiht mean I can get it without registering the two games.

In other news, I HATE Nintendo.com- not only does it not recognize my account I already have with My Nintendo, AND can't process my email address to give my a new password, but it won't let me register a new name *at all*. I hate incompitent websites.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2003, 03:43:39 PM »
Where on My Nintendo do you check to see if the disk has been shipped? I registered my GBA SP my GCN and MKDD on friday and I still havent heard from NOA. Wow, lots of Acronyms.
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2003, 03:46:06 PM »
Firstly, you have to register 2 games, not one- Mario Kart alone won't cut it. Secondly, you'll be emailed when the disc is sent.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2003, 03:46:41 PM »
You need to register 2 of the needed games to get the disc...Those that say that they are getting it for only registering their GC or registering their GC and a game are either lying or getting by on a glitch...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
RE: Zelda Bonus Disc....?
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2003, 04:38:19 PM »
Mouse Clicker: Try signing in to My Nintendo now, Nintendo's been working on their site ever since the Zelda bonus disc mishap.  
Oh yea, anyone whos gotten the conformation for only registering their gamecube should consider themselves lucky, you will be recieving your disc.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2003, 05:40:48 AM »
For those of you that got the disc by ordering a subscription, just go to your subscription page and it will say that your subscription came with the disc and when it shipped.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2003, 06:18:16 AM »
"It appears Nintendo did not think it was fair for people who bought a gamecube earlier (like 2 weeks ago and later) did not get a zelda disc and the people who buy the system now for the same price get one. In order to make it fair to all they allow you to get the disc by simply registering your Gamecube. This way, as long as you bought a gamecube, you dont miss out on the FREE disc. If you register a brand new gamecube that came with a zelda disc you will not recieve another one"

That can't possibly be true because I didn't get anything for registering just my Cube.  Now maybe they know if you bought it recently but even then that doesn't make sense because my friend got the email for just registering his Cube and GBA and he bought both well over a year ago.

Doesn't matter anyway because I've registered both Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi so I should be fine.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2003, 11:44:17 AM »

For those of you that got the disc by ordering a subscription, just go to your subscription page and it will say that your subscription came with the disc and when it shipped.

I just ordered a subscription online, and they had a huge list of free things from which I could choose one to be shipped with my first copy. One of those things was the Zelda Collector's Edition, so I went ahead and selected that. Maybe people who mail in a subscription get it by default.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2003, 12:55:17 PM »

That can't possibly be true because I didn't get anything for registering just my Cube. Now maybe they know if you bought it recently but even then that doesn't make sense because my friend got the email for just registering his Cube and GBA and he bought both well over a year ago.

Neither did I, but I registered before all these shenanigans began... That kind of cheeses me off. Oh well, I'm getting Mario & Luigi and Mario Party in a couple days anyway... (already have MK) Plus I can always use my other GameCube I'll just sign my Mom up or something.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2003, 01:31:48 PM »
I registered a second game today and already got an email saying I qualified. And I have a couple MP5 PINs up for grabs. ;¬]
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2003, 07:18:01 PM »
Here's what I just got in my inbox:

Hello,

Thank you for registering your Nintendo GameCube at Nintendo.com.

We wanted to make you aware of an error in our product registration
program. In order to qualify for the Zelda collector's disc, we
requested that two software titles be registered in addition to a
Nintendo GameCube system.  However, due to a programming error, you
received an e-mail letting you know that you had qualified for the
Zelda collector's disc before all required products had been
registered.

We wanted to let you know that despite the error, we have gone ahead
and sent you the disc as stated in our e-mail.  It was sent via the
postal service and should be received in 3-5 days.

If you haven't yet registered any software titles, please be sure to
do so in order to be eligible for future promotions that are in the
works at Nintendo!

Thank you.

Nintendo of America

Hahaha! dude, they screwed up!! but I'm still getting the disc! YAY!!
It doesn't matter though because I'm expecting Mario Kart: DD and Mario & Luigi any day now.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2003, 08:53:24 PM »
What the hell! That is bull crap, you get your damn disc in 5 days and I don't even know if mine has shipped yet! Oh well, hehe.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2003, 03:33:16 AM »
Hmmm, at least they admit there was a mistake and they allowed you to have the disc anyway. Top notch fellows, those Nintendo blokes.

Oh, and sort of a related topic, I went into Gamestop yesterday and I saw an official Nintendo Players' Guide for the Zelda Collector's Edition. I just thought that was funny.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2003, 04:03:58 AM »
GF getting me NP for Christmas for the disc.  I am a happy gamer

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2003, 06:17:09 AM »
So the guy who gets the disc because they messed up gets a confirmation that his disk has been sent and I, who registered two of the valid games, don't?  That kind of sucks.  Send me my disc already, Nintendo.  I didn't exploit a glitch to get it.  I may have swiped a PIN number from a rental copy of Mario Kart but I didn't exploit a glitch.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2003, 06:47:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
So the guy who gets the disc because they messed up gets a confirmation that his disk has been sent and I, who registered two of the valid games, don't?  That kind of sucks.  Send me my disc already, Nintendo.  I didn't exploit a glitch to get it.  I may have swiped a PIN number from a rental copy of Mario Kart but I didn't exploit a glitch.

I didn't want to exploit a glitch because I've actually bought both games too (they are on their way). And I'm gonna register them both when I get them.
And since I'm in France, I should have them in a few days, not like my bonus disc that should arrive at a friend's in California and then be shipped again to me.
Be happy guys, you're gonna get your disc too!  
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2003, 07:59:14 AM »
Well I was joking around with the "exploiting a glitch" thing.  My friend got a free disc with the bug too.  I was just irritated that I hadn't got my shipping comfirmation yet.  Of course that doesn't matter now because:

Hello!

You recently received an e-mail from Nintendo explaining that because you
have registered your Nintendo system and games online, you've qualified
for the LEGEND OF ZELDA: COLLECTORS GAME DISC.

We wanted to let you know it is on its way to you. Your award is being sent
via First Class Mail, so you should receive it within 2 weeks.

Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Whoo Hoo!!

Offline Panterastud

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2003, 08:44:30 AM »
Is the nintendo website messing up for anyone else? It wont let me register MKD or my gamecube, even though I went through the registration process of getting a username and all the crap.
-Jeff-

Name:  Jeff
Town: DEJAVUE

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2003, 09:05:12 AM »
I don't know why, but when I tried to register my cube, it said the code was invalid. How many digets is it supposed to have? I got the number from the bottom of my Cube but that didn't work. That would really suck if they don't give the disk 'cause I don't have the cube registered. I mean seriously, what other console could I POSSIBLY be buying Double Dash for?! STEWPID!

EDIT: Scratch that post. Like mouseclicker, My F*CKININTENDO won't recognize my screen name or password. I use the same one on every site but this one. screen name:bernypark password: ***************************************_** It cannot be WRONG! Damn. Now I hafta subscribe to Ninty Power to get the disk. That sucks.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2003, 09:33:43 AM »
Ok, mouse and anyone else having trouble with MY NINTENDO, here's some help. I used this to get back in my account.
1. Ask them to email you your password. Just type it in where it tells you to on the login page. They will send you a temporary password.
2. Open your email and copy the password. Paste it to the password area. For me this didn't work at first, but the password HAD to be right, so I pushed the send button a few times and finally it worked.
3. Now you MUST change your password and that's the only thing they let you do so do that.
4. Enjoy

If anyone knows why I can't register my Cube, I would appreciate the help.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2003, 09:46:20 AM »
I'm always able to login, but, but, with this new dangfangled site design I'm sometimes closed out and they give me an error message like "could not establish connection. bad pool"  WTF

I guess their server is just fUxXor
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2003, 09:52:55 AM »
Yeah, that's the message I got.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2003, 11:13:47 AM »
The site was 99% working for me for the past hour.

I get the "bad pool" message late at night.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.