Author Topic: Zelda Bonus Disc....?  (Read 41711 times)

Offline RyanL

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda Bonus Disc....?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2003, 04:34:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
I'm talking about the e-mail that says the disk is being shipped that people say they got.

Within minutes of registering my Gamecube and games, I got the email stating that I had qualified for the bonus disc and that it would be shipped sometime in the next two weeks.

-Ryan

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2003, 07:04:38 AM »
I am going to cry now
In Europe outside of the Mario Kart bundle...
You can only get it via NOE's online store star catalog...
Which means you have to save up 4500 stars...
Which means at 250 stars per registered game...
I'd have to register about 18 Nintendo games!
Now I'm a big fan and all, but that's just insane

To top it off, the Zelda compilation disc will only be available in limited quantities in the star catalog. And it doesn't even come with it's own case nor cover. I don't think I've ever felt this screwed over before over something that's free  
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline alvinaloy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2003, 08:12:14 PM »
Tell me about it. I'm in Singapore, the closest region is either PAL Australian (usually slow games release) or NTSC Japanese (don't understand nuts about it). So I'm playing on an NTSU American Cube. I'm planning to get Mario Party 5, Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi Super Saga... But since I'm not in America, I can't get the Zelda disk!

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Bonus Disc....?
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2003, 08:20:41 PM »
alvin, if you get Nintendo to send the disk to my address, I would be willing to send it your way if you agreed to pay shipping.

6-9914 Penhorwood St.
Ft McMurray, AB
Canada
T9H 3N3

I already have my own disc on the way, so it's not like I am trying to rip you off.  If you would like, you can get the disc sent to one of my aliases, Clyde Arrowny.  That way I will know it's for you.  I just have some pity on you, as I know what it's like to be left out of things like this, being Canadian and all.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2003, 02:20:59 AM »
I can't believe what just happened. I got an email from Nintendo saying that because I registered my Gamecube and games I was going to recieve the Zelda disc. The thing is I only registered my Gamecube and ONE game - Mario Kart. I even checked my account and it still only lists the one game.
I guess maybe this was a mistake and, if so, I hope it follows through and I actually get the disc. I was eventually either going to buy MP5 or M&L and I still will, but now I might get the disc a lot sooner than I expected.

Offline OO7craft

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2003, 02:24:17 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL
Nintendo messed up.  All I registered was My nintendo system and mario Kart..... NO other games or systems and they sent me the bonus disc.  take a look

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/211103-registered.jpg <--------- My 1 game and 1 system registered

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/211103-mail.jpg <----------My Email from nintendo telling me they are sending the disc

Now I dont need to buy thier lame rehashed mario party game, a GBA game with no GBA and a snowboarding game that does not interest me.

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2003, 03:09:25 AM »
Maybe it's not a mistake and Nintendo has simply revised the conditions to get the disc. Nintendo has made similar last minute changes before. It may have decided it was more important to get the whole game registration thing popularized over anything else. Maybe it realized that only requiring ONE registered game would mean that FAR more people would get into it. Of course Nintendo may have also done it to combat cheaters. People have been coming up with all kinds of evil schemes to register a second game they don't really have. Why should they be rewarded while honest Nintendo fans miss out? Now all those people who rummaged for hours through the dumpster behind their Blockbuster Video for a pin number may have done it for NOTHING. Now THAT would be justice

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2003, 06:13:43 AM »
I got an email from Nintendo today saying they will send me the bonus disc within 2 weeks.
And I only registered my GC and my GBA SP.
Maybe the conditions have changed for real.
But I don't care because I'm still getting Mario Kart DD for my GC and Mario & Luigi for GBA.
So in any case, I'll get the disc
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2003, 06:42:57 AM »
or maybe there's just a problem with the website, nintendo's going to catch on, and all of you lose.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2003, 06:56:39 AM »
If there is a problem I'm sure Nintendo will be wise to it pretty soon.  Getting an email after registering only one game is one thing.  It's no doubt an automated email so it may just be a bug in the code.  Actually having Nintendo send you something is another.  When they ship there's going to be human involvement with processing the order.  Odds are someone is going to notice that not everyone has everything registered properly.

I just hope that a bug or people getting PINs from dumpsters isn't going to cause Nintendo to ditch the whole thing before I get a disc.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2003, 12:05:59 PM »
I've heard of people getting the disk by registering just their GameCube.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2003, 01:02:45 PM »
Hmm, I'm starting to get worried cause I ordered my resubscription monday and still have no word on it being shipped

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2003, 01:03:32 PM »
Okay, on the Nintendo site thing it says my disk got shipped yesterday, but I can't figure out how to track it. Any help?  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2003, 06:43:53 PM »
"Hello!

You recently received an e-mail from Nintendo explaining that because
you
have registered your Nintendo system and games online, you've
qualified
for the LEGEND OF ZELDA: COLLECTORS GAME DISC.

We wanted to let you know it is on its way to you. Your award is
being sent
via First Class Mail, so you should receive it within 2 weeks.

Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc."

Well, it seems like Im getting it for sure, has anyone else got this 2nd email?

EDIT: Btw, I registered my gamecube, Mario Party 5, and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~
  ~\_-Kids who made it-_/~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2003, 08:28:50 PM »
'My Nintendo' page says my Zelda disc was shipped on the 20th.  But I got no email.

Being shipped via first class mail, there is no way to track it.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline MattCrafty

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2003, 03:00:46 AM »
Boy am I lucky!  I just got a new Nintendo Power issue yesterday with a big sticker on the front that says "This is your last issue! Renew Today!"  Perfect timing to get the Zelda Disc!
This post is certified virus-free.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2003, 10:21:27 PM »
OK, I got the email saying that my game has shipped too! YAY!!!!
So I guess the requirements to get the disc have really changed.
Yippee!  
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2003, 02:02:28 AM »
I registered my Cube and MKDD on the 19th and haven't gotten the disc. If this isn't a mistake, eat me Nintendo. But the register page is down, so I think they're fixing something.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2003, 03:36:22 AM »
You have to register two games, man, not just one.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2003, 04:03:16 AM »
That was poorly worded, sorry. I meant that if only having to register one item isn't a mistake, Nintendo is invited to bite me.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2003, 04:04:42 AM »
Ah, well then I'm gonna go ahead and have to agree with you on that.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2003, 09:31:34 AM »
I'm intending to get Mario and Luigi now, so two games will not be a problem, but how long does the offer last?  Because I'm probably getting it for Christmas.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ezaphlix

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2003, 12:58:18 PM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
I've heard of people getting the disk by registering just their GameCube.

Yep.  I'm one of them.
If I want realism I'll go outside.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2003, 01:04:18 PM »
Have you actually gotten your disc or did you just get an email? There's a difference.

Offline OO7craft

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2003, 01:29:33 PM »
Ok I found out the truth....

It appears Nintendo did not think it was fair for people who bought a gamecube earlier (like 2 weeks ago and later) did not get a zelda disc and the people who buy the system now for the same price get one.  In order to make it fair to all they allow you to get the disc by simply registering your Gamecube.  This way, as long as you bought a gamecube, you dont miss out on the FREE disc.  If you register a brand new gamecube that came with a zelda disc you will not recieve another one

ez