Author Topic: Smash Bros. Trailer to Hit Nintendo Direct Next Week  (Read 10282 times)

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Smash Bros. Trailer to Hit Nintendo Direct Next Week
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

New Super Smash Bros. footage is coming soon, says Sakurai.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34464

A trailer for the next entry in the Super Smash Bros. series for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will be seen during the next Nintendo Direct on June 11.

The news comes from a Tweet posted by designer Masahiro Sakurai, who also confirmed his attendance at E3 next week, this morning. Roughly translated, the post reads:

"I should note. During the Nintendo Direct showing at 23:00 on June 11, a new video of Smash Bros. will be unveiled for the first time. It will be shown simultaneously around the world! Don't miss it."

At this stage, we can only speculate as to what will be shown in this video footage, but you can be sure we will be there to give you the details as they surface.

Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Smash Bros. Trailer to Hit Nintendo Direct Next Week
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
Hip hip hooray! As if there were any doubt!

If I see Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo or Megaman I will just lose it!

I completely expect Palutena and Little Mac in the reveal trailer. Well maybe switch one of them out with Dixie Kong.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:49:27 AM »
Hype erection get.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
I'm not a fan of the Smash Bros gameplay, but I'm still really excited to see what this next generation of the series will look like. My biggest hopes are for Mega Man, Little Mac and Shulk to be included as playable characters.
Gouge away.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
Maybe i'm the only one here, but I'm not expecting a big reveal on the roster other than maybe a total count, and possibly a short reveal of some returning characters.  I'd imagine it's going to be more a means to announce the name, give some visuals of levels/gameplay, and a release window.

I would be incredibly happy if they would announce Fall/Winter this year, but I'm expecting it to be at least a year out, frankly.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »
Maybe i'm the only one here, but I'm not expecting a big reveal on the roster other than maybe a total count, and possibly a short reveal of some returning characters.  I'd imagine it's going to be more a means to announce the name, give some visuals of levels/gameplay, and a release window.

I would be incredibly happy if they would announce Fall/Winter this year, but I'm expecting it to be at least a year out, frankly.

I think a 45 to 50 character roster is likely so just like the last 2 Smash Bros debut trailers we will see at least 5 new comers.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
I only expect a combined Wii U and 3DS reveal trailer with some new challengers and early gameplay footage, maybe ending with a release time frame (e.g. Fall 2014). I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was more.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »
Little Mac would be cool. Never thought of that before.
If Little Mac is in, I hope Doc Louis is a secret unlockable character.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »
Fatty, you need to come by the boards more. Little Mac has been brought up 472727742972 times. I counted.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:25 PM »
Ha! Figures. I am fairly active here but I don't wander the smash boards much.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »
I meant, NWR. Don't go to other boards. All the cool people post here.

Offline silverwings01

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
Please just remove tripping. that's all I ask.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
@adrock, I also meant NWR. I don't go to to other boards.
I meant: I don't wander the NWR smash boards much. Thus, idea of Li'l Mac, new to me.
Sheesh, language is hard!  :'(
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 05:16:03 PM »

E3 is already over, Nintendo has won.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
What is that Gif from?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »
What is that Gif from?

Not sure.  I've seen it used on Neo Gaf and 4chan several times so I don't know where it originally came from.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
Hmm, all you people expecting the roster to be superhuge and all of these odd characters in it kind of scare me.

Personally I think the roster will be about the same or most likely even smaller. The reasoning behind this would be the fact that they said they were going to be very tight on the uniqueness of each character and wanted all of them to be very different from each other. Personally I think the roster will contain only must-have, very well-known characters and only a handful of totally-new ones.

Besides that, the main characters I want added to the roster are Krystal (using a spear like her original design) and Phosphora (long-range attacks and fast). Girl power, woo! (to all you people wanting palutena or viridi as characters- gods don't meddle in the affairs of mortals!)
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
I think that Kid Icarus: Uprising justifies the removal of Pit from the Smash Bros Series.

(half joking, but welcomes the smites)
Gouge away.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 08:47:49 PM »
Hmm, all you people expecting the roster to be superhuge and all of these odd characters in it kind of scare me.

Personally I think the roster will be about the same or most likely even smaller. The reasoning behind this would be the fact that they said they were going to be very tight on the uniqueness of each character and wanted all of them to be very different from each other. Personally I think the roster will contain only must-have, very well-known characters and only a handful of totally-new ones.

Besides that, the main characters I want added to the roster are Krystal (using a spear like her original design) and Phosphora (long-range attacks and fast). Girl power, woo! (to all you people wanting palutena or viridi as characters- gods don't meddle in the affairs of mortals!)
i agree, we will likely see all "clones" gone except for luigi and falco, link will probably wind up getting some of toon links speed boosts, ganondorf will likely get a sword at last...

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
The only reason they ported Injustice to Wii U so that Superman can be in Smash.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 11:18:40 PM »
The only reason they ported Injustice to Wii U so that Superman can be in Smash.

The easy joke is saying something akin to "putting the Super in Super Smash Bros" but the REAL joke would be.. putting Superman64 version Superman in Smash Bros.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 11:23:00 PM »
I know people say it won't happen, but I'd still like Nintendo to give the Startropics series a little love.  Put Mike Jones in the game!  Also, in the not-gonna-happen file, I'd love to see them include Wart and Mouser from Super Mario Bros USA.  :)

I'd still like to see Geno (from Super Mario RPG) and Fawful at least make cameo appearances this time around at least as assist trophies (or some equivalent).

Lastly, are there any guesses for the Fire Emblem characters this time around?  Chrom seems as if he would be a given, of course.  Would Lucina be the second choice?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »
I'm calling it now - Dark Pit is going to be in it.
Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 01:37:58 AM »
Nintendo posted a an E3 community in Miiverse and already I'm arguing about Ridley! I enjoy reading another persons double standard.

Join on in and argue fer it or again it! Ridley is too big NOT to be in Smash!

This is Sakurai we are talking Mataata, he goes nuts with everything. You should very well expect 8-12 new characters/move sets.

Edit: hey someone really knowledgable might know the answer to this. In a Nintendo Power interview after Brawl released, Sakurai said some character/s were tied in legal issues. Aside from Geno(who Sakurai acknowledged once before) is there anyone else Sakurai would have had trouble getting access to?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:14:19 AM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 04:02:29 AM »
I think since Namco Bandai is making that game, we can expect at least one of their characters to show up – very likely someone from the Tales franchise. Pray that it's not another sword fighter.