Author Topic: New GameCenter CX Game in Development for 3DS  (Read 1127 times)

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
New GameCenter CX Game in Development for 3DS
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

Kacho on!...to the 3DS, courtesty of G.Rev.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34482

G.Rev is developing a brand new game for the 3DS, based on the cult Japanese television show GameCenter CX (known as Retro Game Master in the west). The game was announced at the end of the latest episode of the show, and will once again be published by Namco-Bandai.

The official Twitter account of G.Rev. has said the following: “It was announced on a recent episode of 'GameCenter CX' but this time around, it has been decided that our company will be making it into a game! We are zealously developing at the moment and we’ll do our best! Please look forward to upcoming episodes for further details!â€

GameCenter CX is a show about a Japanese comedian, Shinya Arino, challenged with completing notoriously difficult retro video games. Alongside the challenges, Arino also visits various Japanese arcades and candy shops, as well as various other game-related segments that change from season to season.

Two games based on the show were previously released in Japan for the Nintendo DS, developed by indieszero (developers of Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy). Only the first game in the series, which was renamed Retro Game Challenge, was brought to the West, courtesy of Xseed, but due to the low sales of the game the sequel was never localized.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: New GameCenter CX Game in Development for 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 12:12:15 AM »
And we will never see it.

To all who didn't bought DS game...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 01:08:56 AM »
The original was a blast on the DS. It's a shame so few people bought it.

Sometimes gamers really disappoint me.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
Will it be called "Arino's Challenge 3D"? I can just imagine his avatar's head with 3D goggles on.

If they're willing to go digital, we might have a shot at getting it. I'd certainly pick it up.

I really love that show. I even wrote a song about it.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/