Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Donkey Kong 94 ending

(1/1)

azeke:
So i finally beat it today after two years of playing it here and there on 3DS. Amazing game, so much variety, great final battle.

So i beat the game, then credits and then it just shows me "The End" screen. And that's it.

So i can only guess i have to reset VC now. Strangely it doesn't save after ending and after reset i still have my save on 9-5.

Seeing how the game has leaderboards screen i expected that game will go into main menu and unlock level select for me. But it didn't.

Or am i missing something here?

Mop it up:
I have the original Game Boy cartridge and it indeed does not save after you beat the game.

You can select the level (in four-level increments) on the file select screen by pressing up/down on the D-pad. Press Select on the title screen to view your best times (unless this is what you mean by "leaderboards").

azeke:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on April 23, 2013, 06:32:27 PM ---Press Select on the title screen to view your best times (unless this is what you mean by "leaderboards").

--- End quote ---
Yes. I just saw one person on forums who remember how many times he replayed levels to improve his time/score, so i gathered there must be some level select option.

--- Quote from: Mop it up on April 23, 2013, 06:32:27 PM ---You can select the level (in four-level increments) on the file select screen by pressing up/down on the D-pad.
--- End quote ---
Huh, didn't notice that, thanks.

I checked manual to see if it mentions that and i just missed it. Nope. Manual on 3DS is very barebones. Just the usual info safety and VC stuff, nothing on the actual game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version