Author Topic: Any word of Netflix or Prime Video coming to Switch today?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
Any word of Netflix or Prime Video coming to Switch today?
« on: November 08, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
Two years ago today Hulu was released on Switch. One year ago today YouTube was released. Following that pattern, I have to presume Nintendo instituted policy of only allowing one new streaming app a year in an attempt to keep the system gaming based and not flooded with media apps, which is why we still don't have Netflix or Prime Video on the system. So, today's the day we SHOULD be getting the next one, yet unlike last year where there were rumors leading up in the days before, this year I've heard nothing... Which seems weird since I'd think others would have noticed the pattern and there'd at least being speculation floating around. Have I just missed something?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Any word of Netflix or Prime Video coming to Switch today?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »
If their smart, they'll wait till Tuesday and just have the Disney+ App.

Nintendo will want to get in good with Disney, and hosting that app is a good start.
Maybe Disney will float some gaming IP love Nintendo's way.
A few Marvel titles, a few Star Wars ideas, some classic Disney character games.
Kingdom Hearts Infinite [/wishful thinking]

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Any word of Netflix or Prime Video coming to Switch today?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 04:01:24 PM »
Kingdom Hearts might be more of a Square-Enix decision.

But I would like to see D+ on the Switch.  The Switch is due for its streaming services.  I think the system is established enough as a gaming first platform.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.