Author Topic: Sim City Creator Exclusively For Wii And DS This September  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Sim City Creator Exclusively For Wii And DS This September
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
These new versions of Sim City will feature flybys, city themes, disasters, and even playing through ancient times and into the future.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16071

Electronic Arts is bringing a new edition of the legendary Sim City series exclusively to the Wii and Nintendo DS systems. Dubbed Sim City Creator and releasing on September 19 in Europe, September 22 in North America, both the Wii and DS versions will have features unique to the series.    

In the Wii version, players will be able to customize their city in various ways, like adopting a European or Asian style for their city. They'll be able to use the Wii Remote to construct and zone their metropolis, and for the first time ever lay down road and transportation systems in curves instead of grid-adhering lines. In addition to this, players will be able to place special "hero" buildings, trigger disasters like tornadoes and monster attacks, and even survey their city by flying over it in a helicopter or plane.    

In an interview with Puissance-Nintendo, Mitch Ueno, Senior Producer for both the Wii and DS version of the game, divulged that the Wii game will only use the Wii Remote because they desired a game that you could play "while sitting down on the couch."    

Meanwhile, the DS version, which has already shipped in Japan this past March, will allow players to play through modes like special Free Play or Chance Encounter. Additionally, the DS version will allow players to build their city through time, starting with the stone age and developing through history and into the future.    

SIMCITY CREATOR, AN ALL-NEW EXPERIENCE FROM THE SIMS LABEL FOR THE Wii AND NINTENDO DS, COMING SEPTEMBER 2008    

Create, Enjoy, Destroy Amazing Cities On The Wii; Develop Your City From Ancient Times To The Modern Day On The Nintendo DS

Guildford, UK — May 29, 2008 — The Sims™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) Label, today announced the first details for SimCity™ Creator, exclusively for the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. SimCity Creator is an open-ended, highly creative game with a sense of humor that allows players to utilize the distinctive gameplay aspects of the Wii and Nintendo DS to create, enjoy and destroy epic cities. The most accessible and light-hearted game from the SimCity franchise, SimCity Creator will ship on September 22, 2008 in North America and on September 19, 2008 in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. SimCity Creator is designed to be a city-game experience for families and players of all ages!    

SimCity Creator for the Wii™    

Be a powerful mayor -- create, enjoy and destroy your ultimate city. Start by zoning your city, constructing homes, businesses, factories, skyscrapers, freeways, railroads, and much more. SimCity Creator is a visually exciting experience with a completely new user interface, designed specifically for the Wii and the Wii remote. You’ll discover many ways to customize your city, including 13 city styles to explore, such as American, European and Asian themes. More city styles will be revealed, so stay tuned for more information!    

You can also place a selection of more than 30 "Hero" buildings into your city to make it distinctive and momentous. Some of these iconic buildings are based on the current day, some on history and some on fantasy. The more city styles you explore, the more Hero building options you have.    

For the first time, take the liberty to build transportation systems with free placement of rounded and curved roads and rail lines, taking your city to new creative and curvy heights. And get a new perspective on your cityscape from a helicopter, a jet or a propeller plane which you can use to fly over your creation. Check out what you’ve built in your aircraft of choice!    

Disasters that players of SimCity always love remain an important and entertaining element in SimCity Creator. Using the Wii remote you can create earthquakes, tornados, call in destructive robots and monsters, create fires and discover many more ways to cause havoc. You created it, and now you can destroy it. With hours of fun and replayability, the fate of your city and its citizens are in your hands!    

SimCity Creator for Nintendo DS™    

Guide your city from ancient times into the future with SimCity Creator for Nintendo DS. Evolve your city through time, starting with ancient times, the middle ages, modern times, present day and the future. Four play modes are available, Challenge, Free Play, Chance Encounter and Gallery, giving options to make the game as challenging or as creative as you want. Earn epic landmarks along the way to enhance your city and mark your progress into the next era. Choose your path through history and make a city for the ages.    

"SimCity Creator for the Wii and Nintendo DS brings two separate, delightful new ways to create, enjoy and destroy your own cities," said Rod Humble, Head of Studio for The Sims Label. "On the Wii, for the first time in the SimCity franchise, you will have the ability to build curved roads and differently shaped zones allowing you to make more authentic places all utilizing the motions of the Wii remote. Employing the new city advisor system, you will be able to make the game as complex or simple as you want. On Nintendo DS, we will give you the ability to make a city develop through time and to overcome the different challenges each era of urban development presents. I know both long-time and new SimCity players will enjoy these innovative experiences in SimCity Creator starting this September!"    

SimCity Creator will be available on the Wii and Nintendo DS on September 22, 2008 in North America and on September 19, 2008 in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City Creator Exclusively For Wii And DS This September
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:16:53 AM »
Hmmm could be interesting, it is great to see EA trying stuff like this out on Wii.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »
Stone age? You mean you can make Bedrock City?

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:02 AM »
I'm not a fan of the MySims-style characters in the DS game.  I hope we get real Sims people in the Wii game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline planetidiot

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
If you played the last DS Sim City, it should be clear the system isn't powerful enough to run a halfway deep version of Sim City.  The Wii version might be good, but I'm afraid it'll be like Sim City Societies more than Sim City 4.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »
I'm not a fan of the MySims-style characters in the DS game.  I hope we get real Sims people in the Wii game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Did you check out the screens? Stone Age MySims!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »
I loved SimCity 2000, but could never get into 3000 or 4. They seemed a tad too complicated by that point for me to stick with. My cities failed far too frequently. This could certainly be interesting if it's aimed at a more general audience, and thus not quite as difficult.

I wish Civilization Revolution would come to the Wii now as well. The Wii remote would work much better than any gamepad for that kind of strategy game. Their excuse? "Civilization Revolution was put on indefinite hold due to lack of manpower and no PlayStation 2 or PlayStation Portable editions of the game to share assets with." Lame. As if it should have to share assets with those crap piles...
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
This looks purty.  Curved roads are a pretty big deal.  They make the cities in the screens look much more naturally developed.  More freedom is always a good thing in these games, anyway.  I just hope it has the right amount of depth.  I'm pretty sure it won't have too much (like SC4), but it may have too little.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »
I like the concept of Sim City but haven't really found the ideal game for me yet.  The original is far too basic to keep me hooked for any length of time but once you go beyond that it starts getting a little too complicated so I spend more time making sure everyone has running water and less time having, you know, fun.  The SNES version is pretty much dead on except for one flaw - no mouse support.  Now the mouse came out later so I'll forgive it but it makes playing the SNES version a bit of a chore.  It's a great game but you have to work for it.

So I'm interested because the remote would work quite well and because of the target audience they might not make it too complicated.  I'll keep my eye on it for sure.

Though am I the only person who doesn't like to trash his city with disasters.  It really doesn't interest me at all.  I want to make a huge metropolis.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »
Though am I the only person who doesn't like to trash his city with disasters.  It really doesn't interest me at all.  I want to make a huge metropolis.

It's not like it's permanent.  You save, fire up the disasters for a little childish destructive fun, then reload your save and get back to figuring out how to solve traffic congestion downtown without bulldozing your tax base to build a freeway.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »
This looks purty.  Curved roads are a pretty big deal.  They make the cities in the screens look much more naturally developed.  More freedom is always a good thing in these games, anyway.  I just hope it has the right amount of depth.  I'm pretty sure it won't have too much (like SC4), but it may have too little.

It's easy to make it look nice when you're just building the city and there isn't really much of a game behind it.

It's not like it's permanent.  You save, fire up the disasters for a little childish destructive fun, then reload your save and get back to figuring out how to solve traffic congestion downtown without bulldozing your tax base to build a freeway.

When I was a kid I made a huge Sim City 2000 city, every tile covered, arcologies and everything, and then someone who I thought was my friend burned it to the ground and then saved it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ATimson

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »
I wish Civilization Revolution would come to the Wii now as well. The Wii remote would work much better than any gamepad for that kind of strategy game. Their excuse? "Civilization Revolution was put on indefinite hold due to lack of manpower and no PlayStation 2 or PlayStation Portable editions of the game to share assets with." Lame. As if it should have to share assets with those crap piles...
It pretty much has to, since it's not powerful enough to handle assets from the 360/PS3 versions.
Grr. Argh.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »
WOW WE SHOULD HAVE SUED THEM FOR A MONOPOLY SO WE COULD HAVE AVOIDED ALL THESE GREAT GAMES.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 03:26:28 AM »
WTF

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:26 AM »
see the "EA my buy Take-Two" thread.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.