Author Topic: Gameboy E-book Reader  (Read 9443 times)

Offline Cerberus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gameboy E-book Reader
« on: February 03, 2003, 11:27:55 AM »
http://www.mqp.com/fun/gb_adv.htm

This here is something that lets you read e-books on your GBA. I think it's pretty cool if you're tired of playing a game on a long car trip and want something else. I heard about it on Call for Help on TechTV.

What do you guys think about it?
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline MattCrafty

• View Profile
Gameboy E-book Reader
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2003, 02:00:28 PM »
 I think this is a good idea, except for the fact that you have to purchase a rom cartridge. which can get very expensive. A kit with everything needed is around 180 USD, a lot for just reading books on your GBA. Of course you could you use the rom card for other things, like saving multiple game saves. If you already have a ROM card, it is a great idea

This idea actually can be made affordable if Nintendo made a special cartridge that had a USB link to your computer on it (like the gameshark) Then you could plug it in and transfer your books into the cartridge. I would imagine the cost to be around 40 USD. Much more reasonable if you ask me.
This post is certified virus-free.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Gameboy E-book Reader
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 11:35:25 PM »
How about reading a real book? Seriously who reads e-books?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Gameboy E-book Reader
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 07:23:07 AM »

Originally posted by: RABicle
How about reading a real book? Seriously who reads e-books?

I do if it's the only way to read it.  Originally Stephen King's Riding The Bullet was released only as an e-book.  I read it then, and I read again when it was included in his latest collection Everything's Eventual.

I also did the serial downloads of The Plant while Stephen King was doing it.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
Gameboy E-book Reader
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 04:27:24 PM »
It's more like $70 for an 8MB card and the linker cable. Not cheap, but if you're already developing for the GBA, it's a nifty piece of software.

Before my PDA got trashed, i read ebooks all the time. It's something to do during those times when you've got some time to kill, like waiting for an appointment or something.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."